Mental Castawayz LP (1994)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Jaz
Ease Up

Mental Castawayz LP (1994)

Post by Jaz »

Well this is interesting, I decided to listen to the Lyrical Lunatics-Jazz Niggas album and was curious at to when this was released (some spots say 94 and others 97) and what the story behind it was, turns out the group is actually named Mental Castawayz (which they say a few times through out the album) and Lyrical Lunatic was a member of the group

quote from tymillsnyc at You Tube
Who the fuck are lyrical lunatics? I know who Lyrical Lunatic is and that would be me. The group is called Mental Castaways and we recorded this shit back in 94 with the exception of a couple songs that recorded in Cali i think? So whoever put this shit up stop frontin and show your true face
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p6ivcK0 ... re=related

and 718273

This is actually my boys on this song. Either they changed their name or someone is stealing the credit by posting this track under another name. The Real groups name is Mental Castawayz. from NYC. smells fishy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg5JMWXg ... re=related

So, it looks like some demos got jacked and were made into an album that isn't an album...hmmmm...regardless I'd love to have this on CD and if you haven't heard it, enjoy this link from

http://kaknado.blogspot.com/2009/01/lyr ... album.html

Code: Select all

http://sharebee.com/cc6a2d1e
A1 Interlude
A2 Headboppas
A3 Way Out
A4 Shut The F Up
A5 Interlude
A6 The Vibe
A7 Swing It To The Jazz
B1 Interlude
B2 Wreck This Mic
B3 Revolution
B4 Niggaz
B5 T.H.V.
B6 Understand Me

dochiphop

Post by dochiphop »

thanks man. i've never heard this so i'm lookin forward to it.

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

that explains the shout out from ras kass on everything i Love since he also was on a song from them.

WoofY

Post by WoofY »

:bow:

basta

Post by basta »

DOPE

Thx

K-Funk

Post by K-Funk »

Jaz, thanks a million for the info! this is a dope album that i found it over 2 years ago and never knew anything about them. glad to get some extra info about them!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

K-Funk wrote:Jaz, thanks a million for the info! this is a dope album that i found it over 2 years ago and never knew anything about them. glad to get some extra info about them!
No problem, I'm sussing out an interview with them for my blog, so more info will come form that

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

Hey Jaz how is the vibe on this album, is it really worth downloading?? I only ask because I'm already over my download limit for this month and have to wait another week until it resets, I gotta pay $10 for every gig I go over, its bullsh!t.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I Smell Like Un Kasa wrote:Hey Jaz how is the vibe on this album, is it really worth downloading?? I only ask because I'm already over my download limit for this month and have to wait another week until it resets, I gotta pay $10 for every gig I go over, its bullsh!t.
The vibe is good man, dope beats and rhymes, yes definitely worth the download and going over your limit (I have been there son...it sucks)

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

Cool bruh I'll give it a shot. Yeah I HATE goin over my limit, its all from hip hop to, I'm addicted to downloading those compilations on the TROY blog lol, I love those.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!