Scientifik has an unreleased album called 'Black Jesus'

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

vaporized2

Scientifik has an unreleased album called 'Black Jesus'

Post by vaporized2 »

according to his sister...
http://www.rocwitme.com/2009/11/remembe ... -gone.html

sorry if this is either old news or been discussed elsewhere. never heard of it before and google search gives nothing...been listening to Criminal quite a lot recently. wonder what kind of production lineup it had. he was certainly well connected ,RZA Buckwild and Diamond beats etc

file under: NEED 2 HEAR DIS

diggy64

Re: Scientifik has an unreleased album called 'Black Jesus'

Post by diggy64 »

vaporized2 wrote:file under: NEED 2 HEAR DIS
Someone needs to get with his sister, Lady Red, and make this happen. I know of a handful of indie pressing outlets that would jump at the chance (i.e. Six2Six, DWG, OLU, GF, etc.).

Where dem DATs at?

aREAL

Post by aREAL »

wow

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

WOW.

Definitely needs to be released NOW.

Criminal and The Most Blunted are some of my favorite cds I own.

Debonair_P

Post by Debonair_P »

Hopefully it gets released... According to DJ Shame, there's also a version of The Most Blunted with different beats courtesy of Vinyl Reanimators (which were all changed to beats that were popular at the time.)

Verge

Post by Verge »

Word. Personally, I think he tightened his style up even iller after the Criminal LP. Well, only one single I know of after that, but he kills it here:
<object width="440" height="290"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/faRCI-kTr4w?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/faRCI-kTr4w?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="440" height="290"></embed></object>

Anyways, yeah I saw his sister posting in the comments of an old "Oh Word" review of Criminal that Thun did. There's definitely a good amount of unheard Scientifik shit somewhere. How good it is or if we'll ever hear it, yet to be determined..

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

Good shit... I really hope this is able to get released at some point.
Debonair_P wrote:According to DJ Shame, there's also a version of The Most Blunted with different beats courtesy of Vinyl Reanimators (which were all changed to beats that were popular at the time.)
Damn, I would love to hear that!
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."