scientifik

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Bring Back The Tempo

scientifik

Post by Bring Back The Tempo »

no I am not talking about some current rapper who feels its his job to drop some supah-scientifiku but totally irrelevant lyrakillz but the grimey rapper who either got holed up or died in a car crash. if you haven't grabbed dude's album "criminal" somewhere as bootleg (i only got it on that 'cause I don't think they pressed his album..got a case of the shelf) then i suggest you do. the joint is only 10 song deep but it is definitely worth a listen...it's your typical stunts, blunts, and hiphop rap album and the beats brood like a mutha, reppin' that early to mid 90's grimy flava. on top of all that, diamond d and buckwild make a production appearance on that, and as well as rza..and the bulldog ed og is on that piece, all raspy-voiced. i know scientifik has another album out but i heard it (i forgot what it was called, didn't really care for it either) but it's not as good as this one. so if you haven't listened to this, in the immortal words of ed o, "ya livin' foul like a third string center"

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I have always read that read that Scientifik took his own life :cry: , that album was dope and the joint he did with Big Shug & ED OG -"Official" (B-Side of "Crush") was really dope too.

SCIENTIFIK
Criminal

What a testament to the truth that the music business is totally ineffective at getting dope hip hop out to the masses -- or even hardcore heads for that matter. After the release of the would-be-anthemic "Jungles of Da East", Scientifik's label went broke, leaving only a handful of promo copies to spread word of his talent. In retrospect, a production roster including Ed O.G., Diamond D, RZA, and Buckwild certifies its place amongst a handful of classic albums including Illmatic and Word Life. But as you should know by now, if there is a correlation between skills and sales in hip hop, it's probably coincidental. Rest in peace to one of Boston's finest MCs.
(from stinkzone.com)

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

yea one of my fave boston emcees ever. he was just plain nasty. get that wake up show freestyle of his if u can its ill as hell. two great albums. i have the one with the green sticker on vinyl.

Cryptic One

Re: scientifik

Post by Cryptic One »

Bring Back The Tempo wrote:no I am not talking about some current rapper who feels its his job to drop some supah-scientifiku but totally irrelevant lyrakillz but the grimey rapper who either got holed up or died in a car crash. if you haven't grabbed dude's album "criminal" somewhere as bootleg (i only got it on that 'cause I don't think they pressed his album..got a case of the shelf) then i suggest you do. the joint is only 10 song deep but it is definitely worth a listen...it's your typical stunts, blunts, and hiphop rap album and the beats brood like a mutha, reppin' that early to mid 90's grimy flava. on top of all that, diamond d and buckwild make a production appearance on that, and as well as rza..and the bulldog ed og is on that piece, all raspy-voiced. i know scientifik has another album out but i heard it (i forgot what it was called, didn't really care for it either) but it's not as good as this one. so if you haven't listened to this, in the immortal words of ed o, "ya livin' foul like a third string center"
co-signed... but there was a non bootleg of the LP (the one with the green sticker in Jaz's pic)... i remember buying this at fat beats when fat beats was in the east village (before the store was footworks)

Bring Back The Tempo

Jaz wrote:I have always read that read that Scientifik took his own life :cry: , that album was dope and the joint he did with Big Shug & ED OG -"Official" (B-Side of "Crush") was really dope too.

SCIENTIFIK
Criminal

What a testament to the truth that the music business is totally ineffective at getting dope hip hop out to the masses -- or even hardcore heads for that matter. After the release of the would-be-anthemic "Jungles of Da East", Scientifik's label went broke, leaving only a handful of promo copies to spread word of his talent. In retrospect, a production roster including Ed O.G., Diamond D, RZA, and Buckwild certifies its place amongst a handful of classic albums including Illmatic and Word Life. But as you should know by now, if there is a correlation between skills and sales in hip hop, it's probably coincidental. Rest in peace to one of Boston's finest MCs.
(from stinkzone.com)

damn doggy, do you got this? this big shug, ed o, and scientifik joint that iis. sounds like murderous material.

Bring Back The Tempo

Re: scientifik

Cryptic One wrote:
Bring Back The Tempo wrote:no I am not talking about some current rapper who feels its his job to drop some supah-scientifiku but totally irrelevant lyrakillz but the grimey rapper who either got holed up or died in a car crash. if you haven't grabbed dude's album "criminal" somewhere as bootleg (i only got it on that 'cause I don't think they pressed his album..got a case of the shelf) then i suggest you do. the joint is only 10 song deep but it is definitely worth a listen...it's your typical stunts, blunts, and hiphop rap album and the beats brood like a mutha, reppin' that early to mid 90's grimy flava. on top of all that, diamond d and buckwild make a production appearance on that, and as well as rza..and the bulldog ed og is on that piece, all raspy-voiced. i know scientifik has another album out but i heard it (i forgot what it was called, didn't really care for it either) but it's not as good as this one. so if you haven't listened to this, in the immortal words of ed o, "ya livin' foul like a third string center"
co-signed... but there was a non bootleg of the LP (the one with the green sticker in Jaz's pic)... i remember buying this at fat beats when fat beats was in the east village (before the store was footworks)
damn, toronto or true cipher ain't never complete cause we don't got ill stores like fat beats.

grass

Post by grass »

I got a Criminal Scientifikalbum from 92 wich I think is called"I Ain't The Damn One"

Bring Back The Tempo

word you got that on mp3?..oh and "criminal" is not part of his name, that's an album, on a side note.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

"Fallen star", "lawtown", "downlow ho" and "criminal" are my joints
i believe DJ Shame outta the Vinyl Reanimators
who famously did the "fast life" remix
ghost-produced the cuts attributed to Scientifik and Ed O.G
you can find this pretty easy these days on vinyl or cd.

He killed himself and his girlfriend
here's the story

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/storie ... FP_001.htm

"A man and woman died in an apparent murder-suicide that took place while the two were driving on Interstate Route 495 north near Route 213. Both passengers were shot in the head before the car left the highway and rolled over. The accident caused a 6-mile backup on the highway."

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

:grin: nice work I.D.A.L to be honest with you this is the first time I have ever seen a photo of Scientifik (R.I.P), it's ill that we still talk about him, which brings me to a question I have seeked the answer for over 10-11 years.

Did Kid Hood (R.I.P.) actually record an album?

this is Big Shug ft ED OG & Scientifik-The Official (1996) It was the B-Side To "Crush" (Prod by DJ Premier)

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2E459 ... NPJEKTQG58

Nah, i think that one verse
on "scenario" remix is the only thing that Kid Hood ever recorded.

That Big Shug 12" was ill
as was "stripped and pistol whipped"
and the bananas "the jig is up".

But still
fuck the sox, the patriots and the celtics.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

you can find this pretty easy these days on vinyl or cd

cd?...as in an officially released cd...i have the vinyl but have never heard of this being released in cd form??

nerdy boston kids in tattered john deer baseball caps are...

check that

boston kids in general are faggots

Yep
utter faggots
and the most paranoid, fairweather and bitchmade sports "fans" in America

Picture of the year
competition is none.

I saw the Scientifik album on cd in Fat Beats
a couple of years back

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

all i know is the redsox won the worldseries :P and it was th ebest postseason for me ever as a redsox fan(hard to guess why right). but they got more work to do . one is not enough

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

his first lp, The Most Blunted is dope too.

Bring Back The Tempo

DredScott wrote:his first lp, The Most Blunted is dope too.
thats it. i heard it, and didn't enjoy it as much as "criminal". rakin' in the dough was my joint, fella.

king fuckery

Post by king fuckery »

scienitifik has an album called black jesus somewhere in the vaults too. his big brother was telling me about it.

his sister lady red spits on it too. hope it sees the light of day.