mlb 2k

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

alpha

mlb 2k

Post by alpha »

for those of us that only have 360's this seems to be the only BB game of note. I read that the demo leaked any word on this? whats the consensus on this....

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

this game blows.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

The reason I sold my 360 and got a PS3 was to play a real baseball game.

I haven't read anything on this nor do I care to, but, 2k better get their shit straight if they want to keep the 3rd party MLB rights.

Their baseball games are down right awful.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Now that I got a PS3 I'll be buying The Show. I've been let down too many times by 2K baseball. For basketball they run shit though.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

this game has absolutely NO hype behind it...I have a feeling its going to be the worst 2k baseball game yet

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

TUESDAY BABAY!
SHOW TIME!
JYEAH!

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

I'll probably pick up MLB 2K9 for PC when it drops tomorrow. It retails for only $20!

The last baseball game I played was Triple Play '98 for PS, and before that Hardball '95 for Genesis. So even if 2K9 isn't up to par with The Show, at least I won't know what I'm missing.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

I bought MLB 2K9 today. As I mentioned, I have no frame of reference when it comes to comparing this with other next-gen sports titles, but my initial impressions are actually quite high. I love the analog hitting and pitching mechanics, though the fielding seems a bit awkward. Gary Thorne and Steve Phillips do a great job with the announcing, they sound very natural. The graphics are good (I especially like the camera angles) but the animations can be kinda stiff.

The reviews are starting to come in. IGN gave it a 6.8/10. Ouch.

I'm very happy with my $20 purchase though.

Dwight Strawberry

:rofl:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jDvZChYR6I0&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jDvZChYR6I0&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

:lol: Yeah there's some bugs in this.

I just played a game where where I brought in a pinch hitter to bat for my pitcher, but then when the inning ended and I took to the field, the fucking pinch hitter had replaced my pitcher on the mound!

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Dwight Strawberry wrote::rofl:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jDvZChYR6I0&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jDvZChYR6I0&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
:lol: this is great

Red Scare; so you'd substituted a new pitcher for that pinch hitter before you took to the field, right? Just making sure... although I don't know why, as it's obvious the game has serious issues.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

^On second thought...I think I may have forgotten to do that. I had a reliever in the bullpen that I thought was automatically going to be put in the game, but perhaps not. So I guess that one was my fault :rofl:

That said, I've only encountered 1 bug so far, when a CPU first baseman never touched the base after being thrown the ball.

I still really like the game, actually.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Yeah, you still always have to substitute the relief pitcher in manually for the pinch hitter once you take the field again. I remember that from 2k8.

I just picked up 2k9 today on my lunch break; will be tweaking it with BigFnJoe's sliders like I did last year, which led to an enjoyable simulation. And by the time The Show '10 comes out, I'll have a PS3 dammit lol.

BigFnJoe's sliders are up in the sliders section of the 2k9 form at www.operationsports.com, and should be on the 2K Exchange thing too, which I've not yet used (under 'features' or something...?).

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

the Timmy Lincecum commercial for this is actually pretty funny

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

Quotashun wrote:Yeah, you still always have to substitute the relief pitcher in manually for the pinch hitter once you take the field again. I remember that from 2k8.
The problem, however, is that when my pinch hitter grounded out to end the inning, my team immediately took the field the and pinch hitter was automatically put on the mound. The game wouldn't let me substitute him out until he pitched to a batter. So I think there may actually be a bug.
Quotashun wrote:BigFnJoe's sliders are up in the sliders section of the 2k9 form at www.operationsports.com, and should be on the 2K Exchange thing too, which I've not yet used (under 'features' or something...?).
Hmmm, thanks. I'm gonna check these out. 'Cause as I get better at the game things are getting pretty unrealistic.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

this game sounds like a disaster...ill still give it a try tho on my boys modded xbox

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

The Red Scare wrote:
Quotashun wrote:Yeah, you still always have to substitute the relief pitcher in manually for the pinch hitter once you take the field again. I remember that from 2k8.
The problem, however, is that when my pinch hitter grounded out to end the inning, my team immediately took the field the and pinch hitter was automatically put on the mound. The game wouldn't let me substitute him out until he pitched to a batter. So I think there may actually be a bug.
Hmm yeah, it's definitely a bug then if it wouldn't let you substitute the pitcher (uhh "hitter") until he pitched to a batter. I only ever use the Jays, so I'll see if the same bug exists on the 360 once I get to an interleague series.

I'm enjoy that guy's sliders a lot. Check 'em out.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i don't think steve phillips has done anything worthwhile in his life.

red scare, because of complimenting steve phillips, i must totally disregard your review.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

why is it that 2k supposedly has exclusive rights to MLB so EA cant make a baseball game yet the show can still get made?

Dwight Strawberry

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:why is it that 2k supposedly has exclusive rights to MLB so EA cant make a baseball game yet the show can still get made?
2K has exclusive 3rd Party rights. MLB The Show is developed by Sony, so, they can make a game.

Microsoft should really consider establishing a 1st party sports development unit.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:why is it that 2k supposedly has exclusive rights to MLB so EA cant make a baseball game yet the show can still get made?
2K has exclusive 3rd Party rights. MLB The Show is developed by Sony, so, they can make a game.

Microsoft should really consider establishing a 1st party sports development unit.
word M$ should

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i don't think steve phillips has done anything worthwhile in his life.

red scare, because of complimenting steve phillips, i must totally disregard your review.
:lol: fuck that. the commentary is the best-done thing about this game. It's probably the one element that's actually better than The Show. The guys on that game sound like they're reading off cue cards.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The play-by-play on The Show is bad, I will say say that.