Crackdown 2
Forza 3
Left 4 Dead 2
Halo ODST
Halo Reach
Alan Wake
Splinter Cell Conviction

Exclusive XBLA games: -

Shadow Complex (Epic Games' first XBLA game)
Joyride (stunt racing game utilising avatars)

Other games: -

Metal Gear Solid Rising (not confirmed as a 360 exclusive, so probably multi-platform)

Xbox Live: -

Last.fm coming to Xbox Live
Instant start streaming movies all in full 1080p
Sky TV coming to Xbox Live in the UK and Ireland
Facebook via Live
Twitter via Live
Zune Videa Marketplace coming to Live

Exclusive DLC: -

2 map packs for Modern Warfare 2 (timed exclusives)
Exclusive song for Rock Band Beatles (all proceeds go to charity)

Controller: -

New control scheme that uses full body motion detection, but uses no controller at all. Also has voice and face recognition.

Even though the motion detection thing isn't something I'm hugely interested in, the demo of it was pretty fucking amazing. It blew the Wii out of the water. Lionhead's tech demo was creepy, but I've never seen anything like that before in my life.

I can't see Sony or Nintendo topping that to be honest, but we'll see.

Random Sample

Re: Summary of Microsoft's E3 conference

Post by Random Sample »

Sigma wrote:Alan Wake
This game has been coming out for like 3 years now.

Guun

Post by Guun »

yeah.. very impressive conference.. they set the bar... i don't see nintendo or sony toppin this.

ThaMexakin

Post by ThaMexakin »

left for dead 2, modern warfare 2, bioshock 2, and assasins creed 2 all have me dying for the holiday season to arrive/

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

makes me glad i copped a ps3 ALSO, instead of selling the 360 to get it

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Full 360 games are going to be downloadable via Live later in the year, and the beta of 1 Vs. 100 starts tonight in the US. Also (not that anyone cares), there'll be a store so you can buy gear for your avatar.

Stunna7516

Post by Stunna7516 »

the realest shit that hurts is the new MGS and Splinter Cell games being 360 exclusives (for now of course)

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

man, i'm going to have to buy a X-box 360 because of this MGS shit.

FAZER

Post by FAZER »

Stunna7516 wrote:the realest shit that hurts is the new MGS and Splinter Cell games being 360 exclusives (for now of course)
I'm not so sure MGS is exclusive to 360. They showed that image of Raiden in a PS3 version of Famitsu not too long ago. And they weren't really saying if it was exclusive while Kojima was on stage, which I'm sure they would have been shoving down our throats if it was. I say its multi-platform but we will see.

EDIT: So Microsoft is denying that they ever said it was exclusive.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

This video for Splinter Cell: Conviction has me incredibly stoked:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/02/watch ... convictio/

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

holy shit yeah!

i was convinced all microsoft was gonna show was some boring-ass wii motion type games.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Not believing the whole Project Natal hype until I see it in proper live action. If Lionhead's secretive work on Project Dimitri is that Milo bullshit, then Molyneaux can go choke on someone's vomit.

Halo, I couldn't care less about anymore.

Crackdown 2, I'm looking forweard to but it's not the same dev team as it's predecessor.

Splinter Cell Conviction looks like the real gem out of the lot of them. Could be the dopest game of the year I reckon.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Some more bits and pieces: -

Achievements in games can now be used to unlock clothing/accessories/props for your avatar.
You will be able to rate XBLA games and DLC and sort content by user ratings.
1080p movie streaming will require an 8Mbps connection.
Perfect Dark is coming to XBLA this winter (running in full 1080p)

Xbox Live is getting an upgrade: -
Performance Updates: We know that the details also matter. That's why we're making a series of updates based on your feedback. First and foremost, the entire Xbox LIVE service is being upgraded for improved performance including better guide and friends access. Some other things we've done based on your feedback include revamping the friends sorting list, Achievement views and improving our matchmaking support. There's always room to improve, and your input really matters to us … so keep it coming!
And rumour has it that Rare will be announcing a new 360 game today, although it is just a rumour.

Wreck-It

Post by Wreck-It »

Correction. Alan wake is multiplatform, its on PS3 too. And the same goes for the new Metal Gear Solid game. Sony won that E3 straight up no debate, they shit all over Microsoft and Nintendos lineup. I'm pretty sure thats the general consensus. Their exclusives were God of War 3, which looks alright to me but everyone else seems to love the hell out of it. Then there's Uncharted 2, which looks fucking ridiculous, and then they showed the first footage of the exclusive game "the Last Guardian" from the guys that made "Shadow of the Colossus" which looked even more ridiculous.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Wreck-It wrote:Correction. Alan wake is multiplatform, its on PS3 too.
No, it's not.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

MGS Rising apparently will also be available on PS3.

Wreck-It

Post by Wreck-It »

Oh snap, ur right Sigma, its only 360 from jump. But it looks like it'll be multiplatform soon after its release on 360 according to info on the product.

ThaMexakin

Post by ThaMexakin »

MSG rising is also coming to the pc, as is alan wake and the new splinter cell... I just dropped a G and a half on a new gaming pc and cannot wait for the holiday season.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Wreck-It wrote:Oh snap, ur right Sigma, its only 360 from jump. But it looks like it'll be multiplatform soon after its release on 360 according to info on the product.
It's only going to be released on the 360 and PC though.

eris

Post by eris »

Sigma wrote:
Wreck-It wrote:Oh snap, ur right Sigma, its only 360 from jump. But it looks like it'll be multiplatform soon after its release on 360 according to info on the product.
It's only going to be released on the 360 and PC though.
If we are talking the new MSG then it is PS3, 360, and PC. No special releases Microsoft just wanted to let it be known it was going to be on their system in general.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I'm talking about Alan Wake. I said that MGS would probably be multiplatform in the first post.