Dark Souls - Xbox 360/PS3 PTD Edition

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

360, I beat those bastardly gargoyles after getting gang-raped about 20 times and rang the bell. So where to now that is actually survivable? The graveyard is a no go. I'm not built for Drake Valley, do I got to the place where the ghosts that I can't hit or use magic on are running around on the foggy water or something? The gate with the fat and depressed knight is closed. I'm kind of low on options here it seems.:owens:

Post by 360 »

Technically, you should go and ring the 2nd bell tower now, which is down below. You can get there a number of ways. Also, try Dark Root Garden, Basin and Forest.

You can get there by going down the steps from the Bonfire by the gate of Sen's Fortress. When you see Andrei the Blacksmith, go down the steps by him. Watch the Titanite Demon. You can kill or run past him.

I started a new character who currently has an SL of about 18. If you're playing on Xbox, I can drop a summon sign and we can co-op when ever. I'm assuming your level is somewhere in the 20's? Might be in the 30's now since you made that post though.

The Aluminum Falcon

360 wrote:Technically, you should go and ring the 2nd bell tower now, which is down below. You can get there a number of ways. Also, try Dark Root Garden, Basin and Forest.

You can get there by going down the steps from the Bonfire by the gate of Sen's Fortress. When you see Andrei the Blacksmith, go down the steps by him. Watch the Titanite Demon. You can kill or run past him.

I started a new character who currently has an SL of about 18. If you're playing on Xbox, I can drop a summon sign and we can co-op when ever. I'm assuming your level is somewhere in the 20's? Might be in the 30's now since you made that post though.
I'm on PS3. And I did go into that forest area after I found out about a soul farm cheat, though I'm feeling pretty cheap about having done it though considering the game is all about dying until you can finally get by on pure skill. I'm like level 50 now. But no more soul farming for me from here on out.

I was good until the gargoyles kept overwhelming me, after that the temptation was too much and I went a little overboard.:lol:
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cp6IKCG1U8U?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cp6IKCG1U8U?ve ... en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The Aluminum Falcon

Still getting my ass beat too. That's how bad I suck.

Post by 360 »

LOL. I specifically joined the Forest Hunter covenant to kill people doing that soul farm trick.

Now I'm a Dark Waraith.

My main char is level 67. I'm on the final 4 bosses of the game.

You should probably fight the 4 kings or Orenstein and Smough now.

If you wan to join the dark wraiths, kill 4 kings before you kill orenstein.

I wanted to join the blades of dark moon but i killed Patches before I learned the gesture required.

I was going to get this for PS3 but that's in the living room and my xbox is in my "man room". I'm sure you get the jist. lol

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

This game looks awesome, but I generally play games on "Easy" mode and I'm in it for the story generally, I hate having to re-do the same shit over and over when I get stuck - I take it this is not the game for me?

The Aluminum Falcon

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:This game looks awesome, but I generally play games on "Easy" mode and I'm in it for the story generally, I hate having to re-do the same shit over and over when I get stuck - I take it this is not the game for me?
No easy mode, not much of a storyline to this game at all and you will die a ton of times and be forced to re-do stuff if you hope to make any progress. Speaking of redoing stuff, I almost broke my controller trying to get past those archer knights on the ledge of the castle in Anor Londo. That was some of the most infuriating shit ever.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:This game looks awesome, but I generally play games on "Easy" mode and I'm in it for the story generally, I hate having to re-do the same shit over and over when I get stuck - I take it this is not the game for me?

You should stay away. Being challenged is the whole point of playing this game - it's like climbing Mount Everest.

The Aluminum Falcon

I finally beat it.

Jesus Christ that game was tough. I seriously hope the people over at from software find a way to add a storyline into their next installment. This game was great but if it had a story behind it I think it would cross over into amazing.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Were you playing alone or teaming up with people online?

The Aluminum Falcon

Combo7 wrote:Were you playing alone or teaming up with people online?
Forever alone. :owens:

Although a few times I got invaded somehow. Still not sure how that works.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

You might want to read that post of yours out loud and remember it's :phila:.

Seriously though, props on completing the game.

The Aluminum Falcon

Thanks. And yeah, I probably should have tagged a nh on the end of that statement.

Nerd Tip: Get the latio sword and max it out to +5 lightning. Fast as hell, even with strong attacks, has good range, and rapes hard (nh). Only issue is it has only 80 durability so remember to repair it at the bonfire.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Fuck yeah!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q2KAJ6EqTPQ?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q2KAJ6EqTPQ?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The additional content hits consoles later this year. Looks crazy.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqnP5-m4_kE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqnP5-m4_kE?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls/Pre ... ie_Edition
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition will be released on August 24, 2012 with the console DLC following in the winter.

The DLC will cost 1200 Microsoft Points or $14.99 on the PlayStation Network.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is expected to add many hours of gameplay, which can vary from player to player.

The expansion introduces a new chapter called the Artorias of the Abyss, occurring after Sen's Fortress, in which the player must stop the spread of darkness within Lordran by defeating the Dark Knight Artorias.

This, of course, comes packed with a bunch of new things including:

New Bosses - Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
New Areas ג€“ Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
New Enemies ג€“ Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
New NPCs ג€“ Hawkeye Gough and more
New Weapons and Armor ג€“ Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP in an arena-style PvP

Post by 360 »

Fuck yes. Arena style pvp is what I've been waiting for

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

Excellent news. I love this franchise.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

This is selling for dirt cheap right now. Debating whether to pick this up or wait for an eventual rerelease that includes the DLC.

Don't mind a challenge, but is it so difficult that it's almost masochistic?

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

The difficulty is appropriate. I played the game to completion offline without the assistance of any other players. Most of the challenge comes within the first few hours, in my opinion. There'll be a point at which you've gotten good enough that dying becomes a rarity.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Cheers for the info. I guess I'll try it out.

Re: Dark Souls - Xbox 360/PS3 PTD Edition

Post by 360 »

Gather 'round ye pros. Let us prepare to die together..

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Just merked the Four Kings on NG+ and am psyched for more. Will this become available right at midnight or do I have to actually go to sleep tonight?

Post by 360 »

Depends on your time zone. IIRC, xbl servers run on pacific time, and don't release new content until about 2 am.

So, being in NY, I am going to sleep. lol

Post by 360 »

I was hoping it would be bigger, but the arena is awesome.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Yeah, seemed like it was over just as soon as it was getting started.

Did you kill Kalameet?

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Wow, just saw this. Japanese vs. NA box art. Typical.

Post by 360 »

Combo7 wrote:Yeah, seemed like it was over just as soon as it was getting started.

Did you kill Kalameet?
I did. I also cut off his tail which took forever.

The japanese always get better box art. I remember reading somewhere that the american box art is that way because they thought it wasn't as meaningful as the japanese thus will generate more sales because it is rather generic. Something along those lines.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Why the fuck can't I kill Gwen on NG+??

Post by 360 »

Parry.