Evolution 2013

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

LameAim

Evolution 2013

Post by LameAim »

Coming up this weekend. My fighting game steez are terrible but I plan to sit down with some chips and watch some Marvel randomness shit on some folks' livelihood. Anyone else tuning in? You can find the streaming schedule here:

Vlad Analogue

Re: Evolution 2013

Post by Vlad Analogue »

HAHAHA yeah, for sure. I was one of the cats that put of loot for Dieminion to attend; I hope to see him in Top 8. I am pulling for ChrisG in Marvel, 'cause I respect his hustle. SFIV will be beast mode (3v3 team exhibition is absolutely stacked), and I eagerly anticipate what's gonna happen with the update. Evo stream #1 is streaming classic moments leading up to the tournament. I am really trying to go next year; I'm gonna be developing a blog around leveling up and attending EVO.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Rooting for ChrisG in Marvel is like rooting for the Miami Heat. :arrow:

Can't wait to watch some Injustice.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Can't wait yo

Stream monsters = some of the best alternative comedy on the interwebz

Panama

Post by Panama »

I'll be watching like always

Although I'm mad that my game, Tekken Tag 2 gets so little stream time

People love the easy shit
Last edited by Panama on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Panama

Post by Panama »

Combo7 wrote:Rooting for ChrisG in Marvel is like rooting for the Miami Heat. :arrow:

Really???

I don't get the Chris G hate

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

Panama wrote:
Combo7 wrote:Rooting for ChrisG in Marvel is like rooting for the Miami Heat. :arrow:

Really???

This. I can see someone getting upset about his Morrigan/Doom?Vergil team...until you realize that a) he wasn't the firs to come up with that shell, but was the first to dominate with it, and b) he is really, really good with mid and low tier characters. His Ryu, Firebrand, Tron Bonne, and Hawkeye are all legit as fuck. Do/did you watch Big Two, or the Break? He was murdering cats well before he started with Morridoom. I don't get the hate on the play-style: his zoning is very good, but the technicality and defensive awareness he shows is off of the charts, especially vs. the likes of cats like Wong and PR Rog, who both use Wolverine (who is also OP). Rog also uses Doom and Vergil, so does that make him a fraud? Who's left, F-Champ, Flocker? Zero and Dark Phoenix practically redefine what it means to be OP, and ChrisG has bodied both of those cats all year. Respect that hustle.

*I do respect and root for cats like Ray Ray and Moons as well. Moons has some of the cleanest movement in the game; his Modok is getting better every day, and his Ammy and Nova are top notch.

Panama

Post by Panama »

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

sick, thanks for that link.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Wow good shit, thanks bro :cheers:

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

SSFIVAE is what I'm looking forward too the most, I'll check in on the other games periodically.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

Vlad Analogue wrote:
Panama wrote:

Really???

This. I can see someone getting upset about his Morrigan/Doom?Vergil team...until you realize that a) he wasn't the firs to come up with that shell, but was the first to dominate with it, and b) he is really, really good with mid and low tier characters. His Ryu, Firebrand, Tron Bonne, and Hawkeye are all legit as fuck. Do/did you watch Big Two, or the Break? He was murdering cats well before he started with Morridoom. I don't get the hate on the play-style: his zoning is very good, but the technicality and defensive awareness he shows is off of the charts, especially vs. the likes of cats like Wong and PR Rog, who both use Wolverine (who is also OP). Rog also uses Doom and Vergil, so does that make him a fraud? Who's left, F-Champ, Flocker? Zero and Dark Phoenix practically redefine what it means to be OP, and ChrisG has bodied both of those cats all year. Respect that hustle.

*I do respect and root for cats like Ray Ray and Moons as well. Moons has some of the cleanest movement in the game; his Modok is getting better every day, and his Ammy and Nova are top notch.
Flocker beat Chris in the last grand finals they met in. Great match, too.

I respect the shit out of dude, because he stuck with the Morridoom combo from back when shit wasn't getting results. Seems like he has a method in place where he learns how to play the character in the neutral game before going in on the heavy combo work - which really shows in how he uses his Morrigan. He's got her keepaway AND her rush down.

That said, I'd still like to see him lose. 2/3 matches for that random ass game on PS3 means a lot of heavy hitters may not even make out out of pools.

Hope RayRay and Moons do well - they're a couple of the younger cats out there that are a threat to just about anyone. Flux is probably one of the best Zero May Cry players out there and has quite a bit of experience against Chris. Flocker is almost always strong. F Champ is a dickbag but never a cakewalk.

Just watched the Persona 4 finals - the winner using Aigis was on some next level shit. Never seen that character with that much pressure.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Vlad Analogue wrote:
Panama wrote:

Really???

Respecting his game is one thing but actively rooting for that shit is something else. If Capcom still supported this game the way they should, they'd patch out Morrigan's ability to build meter during Astral Vision.

I've gotten kind of sick of Marvel, to the point where I root against anyone who has Doom, Vergil, Magneto, or Zero on their team. Too much of that shit.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

:rofl: @ Daigo having his own personal Spliff Star to carry his stick between matches.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Reo's lame ass keepaway getting lit up right now in the MK grand finals.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

Yo cotdamn this SSFIV play is fucking murderous. And it's Friday!

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

This SSIV play has been unreal. I am riding for Sako, dude is STYLIN' on 'em

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Sunday is always the best day, the KOF Finals have been entertaining.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

Tired & Broke wrote:Sunday is always the best day, the KOF Finals have been entertaining.
Came in at loser's finals. Don't know shit about KOF but those last two matches had some hot shit going on. Reynald completely got in Woo's head and wrecked shop.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

LameAim wrote:
Tired & Broke wrote:Sunday is always the best day, the KOF Finals have been entertaining.
Came in at loser's finals. Don't know shit about KOF but those last two matches had some hot shit going on. Reynald completely got in Woo's head and wrecked shop.
Yeah Woo, had that shit in the bag he was up 2-0 in the series and about to clinch the match and championship. His collapse was equivalent to what happen to the Spurs in game 6 of the finals.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

After Reynald switched back to Kyo and got the first set it was obvious to see Woo couldn't hang with the pace change up. Still, great matches. Now I am watching Melee and have even less of a clue as to what's going on. That Ice Climber grab move looks cheap as fuck though.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Maaaaan fuck Melee, Ill be back for Marvel

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: @ the Wong Factor

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Wong's fight out of the loser's bracket is one of the most insane and impressive things I've ever seen in my life. Will be heartbroken for weeks over his loss to Flocker. Fuck.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

GEN

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

So I got sucked into a visit by a friend who's visiting from out of state and missed Marvel Top 8 like a chump. Did get to see the last few SF matches though. That Infiltration/PR Rog match was dope, and was glad to see Infiltration take the run back after the Hakan switch. Xian also really showed what the right character in the right hands is capable of.

Looks like they're rebroadcasting day 3, wish I could stay up for the Marvel.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Infiltration's Hakan and Xian's Gen were the highlights of the night for me. Love when the diversity is shown in top lvl play for SSFIV.

I'm kinda looking forward to see the new character for Ultra SFIV.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Im pretty damn excited for Ultra Street Fighter IV, SFIV and its different incarnations are the Best fighting games of this generation.