Shitty move by Sony

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

Shitty move by Sony

Post by Sigma »

High street games shops have been told by Sony that there will be no PS3 pre-owned sections in their stores as it will be illegal for customers to sell any next-gen PlayStation games that they've bought, retail sources have revealed to GamesRadar.

It seems that Sony is planning to adopt a licensing system that will mean gamers won't own the PS3 titles that they've paid money for. Instead, they will only be purchasing the licence to play the game and that the software itself will still be Sony property - meaning that the disc won't be the customer's to sell.
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/n ... ionId=1006

Move Free

Re: Shitty move by Sony

Post by Move Free »

Sigma wrote:
High street games shops have been told by Sony that there will be no PS3 pre-owned sections in their stores as it will be illegal for customers to sell any next-gen PlayStation games that they've bought, retail sources have revealed to GamesRadar.

It seems that Sony is planning to adopt a licensing system that will mean gamers won't own the PS3 titles that they've paid money for. Instead, they will only be purchasing the licence to play the game and that the software itself will still be Sony property - meaning that the disc won't be the customer's to sell.
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/n ... ionId=1006
fucking gay

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

:naswtf:

Is it me or is sony getting really big headed?

Only so long you can shit on your customers before they decide to tell you to fuck off

my excitement about the ps3 is dwindling more and more as each day passes... first all the delays, then the price thing, now this

greedy sons a bitches

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Is this a death knell for Sony? It's definitely a hole in its armor, as American audiences would NEVER fall for shit like this. Not when XBOX 360 is doing as well as it is.

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

That's apalling. Even with expensive computer software, you can sell the licence.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Cryptic One wrote::naswtf:

Is it me or is sony getting really big headed?

Only so long you can shit on your customers before they decide to tell you to fuck off
i told them to eat a dick a while back, especially when i saw the price for the PS3

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Damn seems like sony is sabotaging their own stake in the gaming industry.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Looks like this is just another rumour that's turned out to be false: -

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archi ... dated.html

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Shows you how fucked up Sony's rep is since we all immediatley believed this without having to second guess if its true or not.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

squ1d

Post by squ1d »

No way this could be controlled, even if it were true.

You can't track cash purchases and buyers have the right to remain anonymous. Unless they decided to go the MS licensing route, and MS doesn't even really give a fuck about single licenses.....