Fallout 3 anyone played

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

I like the VATS, I don't like the Blood Bath perk that makes everyone explode that shit is ghey and don't get that perk it ruins the locational damage on enemies, which to me makes combat much more boring.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

I've been playing this finally. I cant put it down so far played 7 hours and only just started the Galaxy Radio quest. My main problem is going exploring and for example going into buildings like Mama Douce is whatever and getting killed. Need to stick to the main quest!

Yesterday I didnt really do much in the game but ended up playing it for 3 and a half hours!

I have one question though...when do I get the dog!!!

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

I really liked Oblivion so I downloaded this. I've tried to play this game on numerous occasions, but just can't seem to get into it. I'm getting a new PC soon though, maybe that will switch things up (my old PC is busted).

Crappy Pants

Post by Crappy Pants »

Jizzy wrote: I have one question though...when do I get the dog!!!
Well, you could go and get the dog right away, if you wanted to. I'm not even sure if you stumble upon it by just following the main quest. You should focus on the sidequests and leave the main quest for a while, because it's pretty short and you may accidentally finish the game too soon. And you should also know that the main quest won't even take you to everywhere in the game. I recommend you to just explore the map without even completing any quests every now and then.

To get the dog you should start the The Wasteland Survival Guide quest (not obligatory) in Megaton and choose the minefield quest first to get the mapmarker for it. Dogmeat is found in the Scrapyard, south of Minefield.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Crappy Pants wrote:
Jizzy wrote: I have one question though...when do I get the dog!!!
Well, you could go and get the dog right away, if you wanted to. I'm not even sure if you stumble upon it by just following the main quest. You should focus on the sidequests and leave the main quest for a while, because it's pretty short and you may accidentally finish the game too soon. And you should also know that the main quest won't even take you to everywhere in the game. I recommend you to just explore the map without even completing any quests every now and then.

To get the dog you should start the The Wasteland Survival Guide quest (not obligatory) in Megaton and choose the minefield quest first to get the mapmarker for it. Dogmeat is found in the Scrapyard, south of Minefield.
Good hints there dude. I've started doing the side quests now. Just completed "Those". The ants pissed me off and about to do the big town one then back to the main quest. I've hardly got any ammo though so might run into problems hah ha.

FAZER

Post by FAZER »

I flew through the main quest too fast, and found out online that if you finish the game you can't go back and finish the side quests unless you have a previous save. So right now I'm going around trying to clear the whole map before I finish the game. I have Dogmeat and a big ass super mutant with a Gatling gun so I'm breezing through missions pretty easily. Sucks I only have a PS3 and won't be able to play any of the DLC.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

Just beat this and thought that everything from Raven Rock right up to your last decision was amazing, if you try the Good Guy ending you know what I'm talking about.

spoiler
Fawkes can't just save the day because it's my "destiny?" haha LAME. My Environment suit and Rad-x can keep my rad exposure around 5/sec and I still drop dead as soon as I enter the code? EXTRA LAME.
oh well there's still plenty to explore at least. one question tho, does the Talon Company have an HQ in the wasteland?

Crappy Pants

Post by Crappy Pants »

SuperFeen wrote:does the Talon Company have an HQ in the wasteland?
There's Fort Bannister, which is a pre-war military installation/bunker, located north of Evergreen Mills. It's secured by Talon Company mercs and used as their primary base. Especially the underground levels of that fort are crawling with Talon Company Mercs and they are pretty heavily armed.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

just started playing this, i feel like i will love it

how long did it take you gusy to get out of the volt? for me it took maybe 15 minutes, i thought it takes forever?

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

my bro picked this up yesterday. i watched him play for a few hours.

took at least 45 minutes to get out of the vault, maybe longer. half of that probably due to the weed and not knowing how to equip himself with the gun.

so far i'm impressed with the scope of the game and the level/world design, but i dont' know if i can get down with the tedious talking to everyone, leveling up your various skills, selling inventory etc... Mainly all the shit about RPG's that i hate. only one i ever finished were KOTOR 1 and 2, and only because it was set in the starwars universe.

combat is kind of cool cause of the camera angles and slow motion, but there really isn't very much gaming skill involved.

if i can't get into a game like this, i don't think i can ever like RPG's.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

game is a bit too slow for me, graphics are not as great as i hoped

game is "ok"

kato

Post by kato »

picking this up on the weekend

rayza

Post by rayza »

game of the year. its more than just "ok".

i do understand its not the type of game for everyone.

if you dont enjoy doing tedious shit like selling loot, repairing equipment and wandering around for 30 minutes without seeing any enemies then this game is not for you.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

the models are also lifeless and apathetic...

but yo , i do like exploring and leveling up, i donno this game is a bit stale

maybe it gets better later..i donno

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

Russian wrote:the models are also lifeless and apathetic...
that's my biggest knock against the game, the animations are especially bad, but it's so awesome exploring the wasteland and completing quests that I can overlook that.

rayza

Post by rayza »

the animations are horrid. more variations in the enemy types would've been nice also. found a few glitches and some save files would freeze when i fast traveled. ive come to expect shit like that from bethesda.

still a dope game. i would rank oblivion above it. i know mad people hate oblivion.

waiting on that new content to drop for 360.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

I still can't seem to get into this game. Tried a few times, no succes. Suprising, since I did like Oblivion.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

anyone play the new DLC? reviews say it's really short so I've been holding off.

rayza

Post by rayza »

SuperFeen wrote:anyone play the new DLC? reviews say it's really short so I've been holding off.
finished it in 2 hours. a few new weapons and armor. not worth the price unless you really love this game. im waiting on the pittsburgh map.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

so i've just started playing this on pc and so far im loving it.

graphics are amazing. but then im running at 1920x1200 and everything on ultra. when i first emerged from the vault i was a bit in awe.

rayza wrote:i do understand its not the type of game for everyone.

if you dont enjoy doing tedious shit like selling loot, repairing equipment and wandering around for 30 minutes without seeing any enemies then this game is not for you.
co-signed.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Just got both DLC...if I finish the main quest can I still play these? On the final mission...completed all the side quests.

Silly question but thought I would ask.

image_35

Post by image_35 »

Jizzy wrote:Just got both DLC...if I finish the main quest can I still play these? On the final mission...completed all the side quests.

yeah, wonder around the wasteland and you'll pick up some radio signals... or wait til the fifth get the new dlc and raise your level cap and extend the story so there's nothing to worry about.

did that make any sense at all?

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

image_35 wrote:
Jizzy wrote:Just got both DLC...if I finish the main quest can I still play these? On the final mission...completed all the side quests.

yeah, wonder around the wasteland and you'll pick up some radio signals... or wait til the fifth get the new dlc and raise your level cap and extend the story so there's nothing to worry about.

did that make any sense at all?
Yeah dude...crystal.

Cheers mayne

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Just got this. Its awesome. Blah blah blah.

Question might be :lastweek: x :bunk: + :thebest: , but is that Liam Neeson as the father's voice?

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

^^^

sure is.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Ay Yo!

I'm playing through "The Pitt" trying to find the 100 Ingots but I just tried to lockpick a door and its now broken...it has six ingots in so I can't get the achievement. So anyway my question is...is there a way of opening a door where the lock is broken?

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

Jizzy wrote:Ay Yo!

I'm playing through "The Pitt" trying to find the 100 Ingots but I just tried to lockpick a door and its now broken...it has six ingots in so I can't get the achievement. So anyway my question is...is there a way of opening a door where the lock is broken?
just keep leveling up, its a perk.

I liked Mass Effect more.

FAZER

Post by FAZER »

PS3 is going to get the DLC after all which is good news for PS3 owners, I was starting to feel left out.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

A__TRAIN wrote:
Jizzy wrote:Ay Yo!

just keep leveling up, its a perk.

I liked Mass Effect more.
Awesome. Need that achievement...being the achievement whore I am!

Post by 360 »

I recently got on the Fallout 3 bandwagon, also. The game is great but it's too easy, regardless of the difficulty level.

I did all side quests in the beginning and I was level 16 before I even began the 2 nd part of the main questline. That disappointed me. The exploration factor is pretty high and since I consider myself an explorer, that's what I did.

Also, the dlc is pretty cool. You can do the anchorage one at level one and get the some of the best armor in the game right off the bat.