Rocksteady's follow up to Arkham City: A serious TMNT game?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Rocksteady's follow up to Arkham City: A serious TMNT game?

Post by Smooth Lou »

Gaming Examiner wrote:

Batman has suffered through bad game after bad game, generation after generation, until Rocksteady came along and created what is arguably the greatest licensed video games in recent memory, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Can Rocksteady replicate the magic with another beloved franchise?

Well, now the rumor mill is spinning madly, as there are reports that Rocksteadyג€™s next project will be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis. Here are some details on the supposed game:

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Crisis is the alleged name of the title.

- Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are the four playable characters, each with their own varied move set and weapon of choice (sword, bo staff, sai, and nunchuckuג€¦respectively).

- Flashbacks are played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.

- Shurikens, smoke bombs, grappling hooks, and climbing foot spikes.

- Gameplay and story/stage progression similar to Batman: Arkham City.

- Classic characters such as Bebop and Rocksteady (warthog and rhinoceros), Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang act as bosses and in the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.

- The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be present and with them and other gadgets, the Wii U build is expected to have touch screen controls for specific actions.

- Multiplayer is unknown.

- Graphics engine used is that of Arkham City.

- The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick, but the turtles themselves and their interactions with the Foot Clan, bosses, and story characters like April Oג€™Neil and Casey Jones will still have comedy attached.

- Purportedly being in development for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.

- Careful selection of voice actors to bring the universe to life as well as Rocksteady did with their two Batman games.

- Manhattan Crisis shares a similar name to the 1991/1992 NES title, ג€œThe Manhattan Projectג€, but is very much its own title.

Take this info as you will but keep in mind, none of this has been officially confirmed by Rocksteady.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Do not fuck with me here.

I hope it's not basically Batman with Turtles instead. I hope they figure out a way to make it more "original" for lack of a better word.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

If this doesn't have 4-player co-op, then this will be a fucking failure. No one wants to run dolo as one turtle around NYC on some Batman Arkham City steez. The allure and greatness of the turtles is their camaraderie and fighting as a team of 4. That's why the old school arcade joints are great and timeless and nearly every single home console release has sucked ass. Its all about the 4-player co-op.
Last edited by Tired & Broke on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

could be fuckin epic...

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Tired & Broke wrote:If this doesn't have 4-player co-op, then this will be a fucking failure. No one wants to run dolo as one turtle around NYC on some Batman Arkham City steez. The allure and greatness of the turtles is their camaraderie and fighting as a team of 4. That's why the old school arcade joints are great and timeless and nearly every single home console release has sucked ass. Its all about the 4-player co-op.
I agree but I'd still play if it didn't have the co-op.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

eh, i'd be fine just being michaelangelo and leaving the rest of the crew at the start menu
moved by duck muscles

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

LilLeftBrain wrote:eh, i'd be fine just being michaelangelo and leaving the rest of the crew at the start menu

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

The ILLatino wrote:
Tired & Broke wrote:If this doesn't have 4-player co-op, then this will be a fucking failure. No one wants to run dolo as one turtle around NYC on some Batman Arkham City steez. The allure and greatness of the turtles is their camaraderie and fighting as a team of 4. That's why the old school arcade joints are great and timeless and nearly every single home console release has sucked ass. Its all about the 4-player co-op.
I agree but I'd still play if it didn't have the co-op.
Yep. I would play anything these guys make from here on out. The Batman games in this generation have been the most fun of anything that I've played in years.

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

drobizhek wrote:
LilLeftBrain wrote:eh, i'd be fine just being michaelangelo and leaving the rest of the crew at the start menu

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Props to Rocksteady (and Bebop).

If the rumors are true, the game will have some seriously visceral combat.

eris

Post by eris »

chump change wrote:could be fuckin epic...

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

eris wrote:
chump change wrote:could be fuckin epic...

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

This will be great no doubt but i wanted them to do a Predator game, it would fit their style perfect

ric

Post by ric »

predator would be fucking awesome.

im not so sure about this tmnt game. batman is already dark and has context/history/lore like that. tmnt really does not. the tmnt dark is bright greyish to me.

i hope the characters are differently-abled.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

well the comicbook TMNT are alot more darker themed than the cartoons and even movies, so if its inspired by the comics with the newer stuff mixxed in, it could work out very well, a well made tmnt game could be very awesome other than the cheaply made kiddie games they have

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

well the comicbook TMNT are alot more darker themed than the cartoons and even movies, so if its inspired by the comics with the newer stuff mixxed in, it could work out very well, a well made tmnt game could be very awesome other than the cheaply made kiddie games they have

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

This has been confirmed to be just a rumor with no merit to it. On the flip side Activision now has the license to the turtles and will prolly make some more cookie cutter kiddie bullshit with it.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

they need to just make a great Predator game in vein of predator 2 with drug dealers and war going on in LA, would be fucking perfect

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Neuro wrote:they need to just make a great Predator game in vein of predator 2 with drug dealers and war going on in LA, would be fucking perfect
Predator 2 is terribly underrated. I would play the shit out of a game like this.

Bornfresh

Post by Bornfresh »

Let's hope it's the darker TMNT not the Archie one.
DJ DOUGH LOW ROCK
Ready To Rock Crew / Mighty Zulu Kings
http://soundcloud.com/doughlowrock
http://vimeo.com/dolo
@doughlowrock