I Need a 3.5 Disk Drive

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Kid B

I Need a 3.5 Disk Drive

Post by Kid B »

I have a Dell Dimension 2350 with no floppy drive. I want to add one for cheap. I saw somewhere they are under $30. Any recommendations?

citizen

Post by citizen »

why do u need one?

Beek

Post by Beek »

citizen wrote:why do u need one?
This is important. If you want to use it to boot your computer, you may be out of luck. Depends if your computer can boot from a USB device.

For any other purpose, you should be able to find something. You can't get an internal drive, you need to get a USB drive, such as this one: http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10086

As for what's good and what's not, I don't know :P It's a good idea to avoid floppies if at all possible

Kid B

Post by Kid B »

Beek wrote:
citizen wrote:why do u need one?
This is important. If you want to use it to boot your computer, you may be out of luck. Depends if your computer can boot from a USB device.

For any other purpose, you should be able to find something. You can't get an internal drive, you need to get a USB drive, such as this one: http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10086

As for what's good and what's not, I don't know :P It's a good idea to avoid floppies if at all possible
I wanted one to be able to work on papers and assignments started in school at home. If it's not a good idea, then forget it. I can just email the work.

rakesh1

Post by rakesh1 »

get a usb thumb drive

neoteric

Post by neoteric »

^ that

or just email the files back and forth

Beek

Post by Beek »

You don't want to fuck with floppies if you don't have to. They will get corrupted and you'll lose a day's worth of work. It's only a matter of time. As others have, USB thumb drive or email.