Dreamweaver help (XHTML/HTML help)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Dreamweaver help (XHTML/HTML help)

Post by Galvatron78 »

whats up ya'll I'm working on my website prohect i need to know how to make my saved documents (that I've already saved and finished) have a web address so that I can use them as links to connect to each other....what I mean by this is say i have a page finished how do i make sure it has a Http:// address? Thanks in advance ya'll.

rakesh1

Re: Dreamweaver help (XHTML/HTML help)

Post by rakesh1 »

Galvatron78 wrote:whats up ya'll I'm working on my website prohect i need to know how to make my saved documents (that I've already saved and finished) have a web address so that I can use them as links to connect to each other....what I mean by this is say i have a page finished how do i make sure it has a Http:// address? Thanks in advance ya'll.
you need a url and webspace to upload those pages to

godaddy.com sells both

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

fuck....you mean i gotta buy one? Damn it looks like I'll be uploading it to the school's server....

rakesh1

Post by rakesh1 »

well yea, you cant just have www.galvatron.com for free

and yea, schools usually have webspace for their students. you can just ftp in and upload your pages.

name your homepage index.html or something. after its uploaded, just go to students.university.edu/index.html (or whatever the address is) and you should see your homepage

Noah

Post by Noah »

Uh yeah Rakesh basically layed it out for you

Your school most likely provides space for you.

If not there's always Geocities, right?

Right?

Actually if you need to do things with PHP/SQL tables for free, as I remember, at least this was in action a few years ago, lycos.co.uk gave free accounts that had php and some other stuff enabled. Might want to check that out too if you need to do something more exciting