Final Fantasy 7 remake for the DS

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Combo7

Final Fantasy 7 remake for the DS

Post by Combo7 »

Sounds like a pretty shady rumor.

http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=9303&cb=0.4309002

I know a lot of you have a hard time playing FFVII now because of the outdated graphics. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

It ain't the graphics.

I'm set with FF4 on December 12th. Hopefully five and six will follow.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

StormShadow wrote:It ain't the graphics.

They are, it's been confirmed already.

Also, FF3 is being converted to full 3D

The FFVII remake sounds like BS. Spong is pretty sketchy as far as news sources. If it does get remade for the DS, Nintendo will sell a crapload more DSes.

If this has truth to it, it'll be the only way i'll ever play it because all attempts at playing the PSX version have ended in failure.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

ChristPuncher wrote:
StormShadow wrote:It ain't the graphics.

They are, it's been confirmed already.

Also, FF3 is being converted to full 3D

The FFVII remake sounds like BS. Spong is pretty sketchy as far as news sources. If it does get remade for the DS, Nintendo will sell a crapload more DSes.

If this has truth to it, it'll be the only way i'll ever play it because all attempts at playing the PSX version have ended in failure.
Just as long as they don't convert 5 and 6 to 3D.

Noah

Post by Noah »

If they converted 4, 5, or 6 to 3D I'd at least give them a chance. It's not like they'd be sullying the classics, because they aren't replacing them. Just remaking them. Of course it might ruin them for people who have never played the originals. But those are probably the same people who think 2-D gaming sucks, anyway.

frank b

Post by frank b »

ChristPuncher wrote:If this has truth to it, it'll be the only way i'll ever play it because all attempts at playing the PSX version have ended in failure.
"My girl does shit like compare and contrast Kant, Foucault, Marx, Darwin and Socrates to Asian philosophers and Middle Eastern writers and poets I have never fucking heard of" - Mindbender Futurama

Faceless

Post by Faceless »

Noah wrote:If they converted 4, 5, or 6 to 3D I'd at least give them a chance. It's not like they'd be sullying the classics, because they aren't replacing them. Just remaking them. Of course it might ruin them for people who have never played the originals. But those are probably the same people who think 2-D gaming sucks, anyway.
From what I understand, 5 and 6 will only be ported over with touch screen functionality. I would love to see 6 get the 3D treament though.

Those FFIV screens are lovely. I'm still amazed at the graphic capabilities of the DS - somewhere between the N64 and GC.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Faceless wrote:
Noah wrote:If they converted 4, 5, or 6 to 3D I'd at least give them a chance. It's not like they'd be sullying the classics, because they aren't replacing them. Just remaking them. Of course it might ruin them for people who have never played the originals. But those are probably the same people who think 2-D gaming sucks, anyway.
From what I understand, 5 and 6 will only be ported over with touch screen functionality. I would love to see 6 get the 3D treament though.

Those FFIV screens are lovely. I'm still amazed at the graphic capabilities of the DS - somewhere between the N64 and GC.
AKA The Dreamcast. Ahhhhh...