Worst SNL cast member?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

You guys have no idea.

Joe Piscopo's whole era featured untalented comedians for dayyyyyys.

Besides that, there are numerous hilarious people on the show now, including dude who impersonates George Dubya Bush (and did those awesome MacGruber episodes), Andy Samberg, Amy Poehler, the dude who plays Steve Jobs, and several others.

Dude who is killing it (LITERALLY, because he's just God awful) is Chris Parnell. That dude hasn't an ounce of comedy within his soul. Not even a little. Did you guys see that episode where he did a bit on Weekend Update as Eminem? He wasn't spoofing Eminem, he rapped "Stan", the entire thing, not a parody or anything else, just wanted to get his Eminem Karaoke on or something. He is really, really, REALLLY fucking terrible. Seriously.

Seriously.

...with the exception of Lazy Sunday, which I'm willing to bet was completely written by Samberg...
Last edited by Smooth Lou on Fri May 25, 2007 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

gordon geico

Post by gordon geico »

kattan has his moments as mr peepers; specifically when the roc hosted. and i kinda liked mango and the night at the roxy dudes
keenan's only redeeming characters were al sharpton or some fat black woman.
fallon killed it as nick burns. his problem is he thinks he's cute when he should be worrying about being funnier. but i will agree he is generally unfunny and annoying.
rachel dratch was funny as fuck(debbie downer??); she was just as ugly as she was funny. not even arlene-like mammaries could save her.
there were plenty more cast members that lasted more than a year that were worse than these four.
but out of these four, i gotta go with keenan but i definitely dislike fallon.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

thread is outta control.

Now Chris Parnell isn't funny? Thats fucked up. He held it down post-Farrell.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Brougham33 wrote:thread is outta control.

In what facet exactly? Please name for me any funny skits. Please name for me a single funny character.

Dude has never made me laugh with the above Lazy Sunday exception, and that was mostly Samberg's wackyness.

gordon geico

Post by gordon geico »

everytime parnell raps, he is gold.
the only recurring character i can think of is the appalachian ER and he is constantly shoving shit up his ass.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Does anyone here think Colin Farrell was funny aside from his Flock of Seagulls dude impersonation?

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

SYMantiks wrote:Does anyone here think Colin Farrell was funny aside from his Flock of Seagulls dude impersonation?
Umm... do you mean Will Farrell?

gordon geico

Post by gordon geico »

Smooth Lou wrote:
SYMantiks wrote:Does anyone here think Colin Farrell was funny aside from his Flock of Seagulls dude impersonation?
Umm... do you mean Will Farrell?
symantiks with the save.
colin farrell was the worst.
hated him since remote control.
i dont remember him being in any skits, EVER, but he was just the weekend update dude.

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

yall mean collin quinn?

gordon geico

Post by gordon geico »

ObeseJesus wrote:yall mean collin quinn?
oh shit
derf derf derf

dibdap

Post by dibdap »

Smooth Lou wrote:
Brougham33 wrote:thread is outta control.

In what facet exactly? Please name for me any funny skits. Please name for me a single funny character.

Dude has never made me laugh with the above Lazy Sunday exception, and that was mostly Samberg's wackyness.
my angel rocks back and forth

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

colin quinn at a roast=might as well kill yourself.
he is the roast master

Epitome

Post by Epitome »

Actually watching that thing with Fallon doing Robin Williams elevated him somewhat in my eyes, but on the whole he's still way down.

I can understand picking someone like Dean Edwards or Colin Quinn, but Dean Edwards was on for like a year & Colin Quinn barely did anything besides the Weekend Update. Fallon had strong tenure AND he was in a high volume of sketches where he consistently brought the suck. I think that counts for more in the end.

To be fair, if we're judging by that standard, Tim Meadows wasn't that good either and he was there forever.

"I love california. the other day some bum was like "gimme a dollar, I SAID GIMME A DOLLA!!!!!" and I told him to sit down and shut the fuck up. and he did. cause real talk I will knock a bum the fuck out." --BeHemoth

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

I cannot believe I got Colin's last name wrong. Quinn, thank you.

Easily one of the most pointless cast members ever.

But let us not forget Jim "Goat Boy" Bruer, who's work on Half Baked almost eradicates all memory of his less-than-memorable output on SNL for the short duration of time he was on there.

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

SYMantiks wrote:
But let us not forget Jim "Goat Boy" Bruer, who's work on Half Baked almost eradicates all memory of his less-than-memorable output on SNL for the short duration of time he was on there.
word, I forgot about Bruer. he was awful

Killa Cong

Post by Killa Cong »

ARGHLENE wrote:colin quinn at a roast=might as well kill yourself.
he is the roast master

he sucked total ass as the weekend update anchor though. Like dude had multis for days but his delivery was fucked.

Worst SNL cast member ever = Joe Piscopo
Worst SNL cast member 1990 and beyond = Chris Kataan
that monkey boy sketch was a fucking disgrace

the brow

Post by the brow »

Jim Belushi wasn't very good.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Smooth Lou wrote:You guys have no idea.

Joe Piscopo's whole era featured untalented comedians for dayyyyyys.

Besides that, there are numerous hilarious people on the show now, including dude who impersonates George Dubya Bush (and did those awesome MacGruber episodes), Andy Samberg, Amy Poehler, the dude who plays Steve Jobs, and several others.

Dude who is killing it (LITERALLY, because he's just God awful) is Chris Parnell. That dude hasn't an ounce of comedy within his soul. Not even a little. Did you guys see that episode where he did a bit on Weekend Update as Eminem? He wasn't spoofing Eminem, he rapped "Stan", the entire thing, not a parody or anything else, just wanted to get his Eminem Karaoke on or something. He is really, really, REALLLY fucking terrible. Seriously.

Seriously.

...with the exception of Lazy Sunday, which I'm willing to bet was completely written by Samberg...
Dog no, just no. Parnell has been rapping on the show for years. And he usually kills it when he does. If anything he wrote for Samberg. Now Samberg, Samberg isn't that funny at all. As far as classic parnell skits he doesn't have that many because he's usually reduced to playing the straight man or standing in the background, but I do love him in the centaur skit with Walken, the one where Molly Shannon is his wife and they go to see Dr. Will Ferrel about their baby, the dude he plays on Besos y Lagrimas... It seems crazy to write off parnell, he's too solid. He's not a standout, but he's miles away from being bad.

Edit also for the part in bold. Piscopo's first year was awful, but some of those untalented comedians included eddie murphy, brian doyle murray, tim kazurinsky who were fine. The piscopo years weren't the best the show ever had obviously (even with an on-fire eddie murphy) but they weren't all bad.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

cascarrabias wrote:Jimmy Fallon. Easily. Worst SNL cast member in history maybe.
???