The Sopranos Series Finale

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

HATED IT!
40%
It wasn't bad
27%
Who cares John from Cincinatti is on
5%
Undecided. I'm still numb
18%
Absolutely loved it and I love dick in my ass too.
10%

Total votes: 60

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Vote.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Even if you didn't hate it, I have no clue how anybody could have been happy with the episode. They didn't tie up anything. You can say the ambiguous ending at the dinner was cool, but as for the rest of the episode, no sort of closure was given on any plot points.

IMHO they have to make a movie or drop more episodes to restore any sort of appropriate ending.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Having to make a movie is a cop out. Years ago, Chase said he wouldnt do one. I guess money will talk. He also said that the story was a "classic tragedy". Happy ending fagginess.

Bleh.

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

fuck david chase's pretentious bitch ass...

Juice

Post by Juice »

I see Event came in this thread

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

so much things were left unresolved

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

I agree with the movie being a cop out too. Chase said that the Sopranos was gonna be about the downfall of an American mafia family which led me to believe that Tony would get merked or go to jail. Bullshit for neither to definitively happen.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

ROFLBURGER. I knew people would be whining about this.

People are acting like Chase is the first person to end a film / series ambigously. Sopranos has never been about pat, run-of-the-mill conclusions. Maybe he should had Tony play the Godfather theme on the jukebox and Benny Blanco could have came in blasting with a silencer to appease you meathead faggots.

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

Icesickle wrote:ROFLBURGER. I knew people would be whining about this.

People are acting like Chase is the first person to end a film / series ambigously. Sopranos has never been about pat, run-of-the-mill conclusions. Maybe he should had Tony play the Godfather theme on the jukebox and Benny Blanco could have came in blasting with a silencer to appease you meathead faggots.
nah, i only woulda been pleased if "The Bridge" came on and Marley Marl came outta the bathroom with a sawed off shotty and merked the whole soprano fam while rapping with his "fucked up voice" about NY being on top.

faggot. :ironmike:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

blastmaster wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
blastmaster wrote:
HBO cant end a series for shit.
TAKE THAT BACK HOLMES!
By the time that show ended I was so disgusted with it I didnt care.

Back to the Sopranos debacle... Who do you guys think will be the first poster to come in here and defend it?

Icesickle?
ThaJim2?
FreshShabazz?
RBG?

the brow

Post by the brow »

My favorite part about the ending was that it
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

You watched 6 Feet Under until the end and you've never seen a season of The Wire?

ROFLCOPTER!!! Tell me you didn't just make that up to fuck with me.

Why wasn't the ending good Phila.
Icesickle wrote:The uneasy balance between wholesome family life and a career (and life) of death is what the Sopranos was all about, idiots. The ending summed that up. He was trying to get his family back together after being marked for death and death was still looming around; by the bar, going to bathroom, the militia looking dude in the corner.

Stop whining cause it didn't have a cookie cutter ending...the Sopranos was such a good show because it took risks.
Last edited by Icesickle on Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Icesickle wrote:You watched 6 Feet Under until the end and you've never seen a season of The Wire?

ROFLCOPTER!!! Tell me you didn't just make that up to fuck with me.

Why wasn't the ending good Phila.
Icesickle wrote:The uneasy balance between wholesome family life and a career (and life) of death is what the Sopranos was all about, idiots. The ending summed that up.

Stop whining cause it didn't have a cookie cutter ending...the Sopranos was such a good show because it took risks.
I won't go off on the ending like many others have. I get the reasons behind it, I just didn't prefer it end that way. And I didn't need bloodshed like you're suggesting, I just wanted a more of an answer. They spent a lot of unnecessary time with scenes when they could have given us more. I am happy that Tony had a final scene with June and the ending scene itself was cool, it was just the way it ended I'm a bit underwhelmed.

The Phil scene was weak and rushed IMO.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

I watched 6 feet Under all the way through and never seen The Wire too...

So what?

(and 6 Feet Under had a GREAT ending to that series) One of the best ever for a show. He's making the point that SFU did have a great finale.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Answer? Sopranos isn't Lost...we're not gonna find out who The Others are. What'd you want an answer to?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

pennsylvania jones wrote:I watched 6 feet Under all the way through and never seen The Wire too...

So what?

(and 6 Feet Under had a GREAT ending to that series) One of the best ever for a show. He's making the point that SFU did have a great finale.
TY

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

ya blah blah blah not the ending we wanted but shit doesn't change the fact that it's one of the best tv shows ever.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Truth. wrote:ya blah blah blah not the ending we wanted but shit doesn't change the fact that it's one of the best tv shows ever.
Truth (no pun).

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Philaflava wrote:
blastmaster wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
blastmaster wrote:
HBO cant end a series for shit.
TAKE THAT BACK HOLMES!
By the time that show ended I was so disgusted with it I didnt care.

Back to the Sopranos debacle... Who do you guys think will be the first poster to come in here and defend it?

Icesickle?
ThaJim2?
FreshShabazz?
RBG?
Fuck that take me off that list. I always thought the Sopranos was overrated and this season and episode have encapsulated everything i thought about it. Also, Chase blew a great story line that should have been running for the past few seasons with the FBI becoming occupied by 911 instead of org crime but he waits until 4 episodes left to even make mention of it.

Now for the ending it was a cop out it was not innovative like the defenders will try to say. If Chase wanted the ending to be life goes on, he should not have started a mob war and killed chris and touch on back stories but he did so he cant then expect the audiance to accept that bullshit ending. The abruptness of it all while introducing 2 or 3 major plot points is hackish.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Every season has pretty much ended with the message of "life goes on, people don't change."

Why would anyone expect the finale to be different? It's pretty much the only honest ending to any story.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:Every season has pretty much ended with the message of "life goes on, people don't change."

Why would anyone expect the finale to be different? It's pretty much the only honest ending to any story.
ya.

the ending is really what you want it to be. if you think tony just got killed, then he did, for you. if you think they just set down to dinner and the screwy life of the sopranos goes on, it did. it's not high art or brilliant or anything, just one way to end a series that could never end in a way that would please even the majority.

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

the brow wrote:My favorite part about the ending was that it
:rofl:

undecided on the poll

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

As I read the first few responses in this thread I had a vision of Icesickle coming in and defending the ending just like we'd expect the cocksucking faggot we've all grown to hate to do... and he didn't let me down. Much props to the always dependably gay Icesickle.

The ending wasn't terribly surprising though. I pretty much sensed the strangeness throughout the entire episode, as I'm sure plenty of other people did.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

really really gay.
i want the money i didnt spend back.

FreshShabazz

Post by FreshShabazz »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:Every season has pretty much ended with the message of "life goes on, people don't change."

Spot on.

Although I will say that the first season wrapped up in a satisfying way. It felt like a solid ending to a nice self-contained season.

This ending really lacked that. And all the tension they built up with the previous episode was really deflated. I thought they really fumbled in that sense.

Not a great episode, but the ending was fine by me.

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Cleanhobo wrote:As I read the first few responses in this thread I had a vision of Icesickle coming in and defending the ending just like we'd expect the cocksucking faggot we've all grown to hate to do... and he didn't let me down. Much props to the always dependably gay Icesickle.
LOL; idiot.

What ending would you have been satisified with?

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

more motherfucking blood you pansies

not tony
just throughout the episode.
i mean COME ON.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

ARGHLENE wrote:more motherfucking blood you pansies
Are you this stupid in real life?

They only had Paulie and Tony left. Who else should they kill? If Chase pandered to people like you Sopranos would've ended up being like The Donnely Brothers or whatever that gay, Paul Higgis produced show is called.
Last edited by Icesickle on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

Icesickle wrote:
ARGHLENE wrote:more motherfucking blood you pansies
Are you this stupid in real life?
wanting more blood in a show about mobsters where people frequently die in horrifically awesome ways=dumb

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

AND THIS SHOW HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT FOLLOWING THE CONVENTIONS OF MOB FLICKS. IT'S A STANDARD, BY-THE-NUMBERS MOB SHOW...THAT'S THIS SHOW'S M.O. THAT'S WHY IT'S GARNERED SO MUCH CRITICAL ACCLAIM...BECAUSE IT'S LIKE ALL THOSE OTHER MOB FILMS :naswtf:

GOD DAMN; YOU ARE A BRAINDEAD, DUMB, STUPID, BULLDYKE, ROLLER BLADING CUNT.