Just Saw Transformers

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

drizzle thanks for saying all of that for me

and with less swearing and name calling to boot! classy

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

I think there is definitely a difference between all those big time studio directors.

Michael Bay is the absolute best at what he does: directing over the top retarded action movies, like drizzle said. He falters when he tries to inject stuff like emotion and soul. I.e. Armagedon and Pearl Harbor. Bad Boys 2 and The Rock and The Island are his best. I think Transformers is going to kick a lot of ass. I haven't been this excited for a movie in a while.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

The fuck?

Did this shit come out in Australia before the states????

I just got home from it and shit was TRILL. I want to fuck the lead girl in this movie. Also there is some aussie chick in this movie and her voice is annoying as fuck. The movie is rather corny in parts but I genuinely laughed at certain parts of it. It has much more of a comedic element than I expected, but it didn't piss me off too much. The action is fucking incredible, possibly the best special effects I've ever seen. Bernie Mac cameo :naswtf: . Also one of Jim Carreys fat kids from Me Myself and Irene was pretty funny.

^^^^This is why I don't write movie reviews. Just enjoy the damn movie for it's :ohsh: special effects, cheesy comedy and hot lead actress.

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

I just have to know one thing.... are there any "And Spiderman swings in right past a huge american flag blowing gloriously in the wind to save the day" moments???

because I don't think I could handle another one.

CaseJuan

Post by CaseJuan »

SYMantiks wrote:
FreshShabazz wrote:GM is one of the main product placers.
Well in all honesty it's really not going to be effective product placement, since it won't make GM sales any better seeing as the u.s. auto market is about as fucked as ever these days...
I'll disagree. It won't help every division, but the Camaro looks amazing.
GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:I just have to know one thing.... are there any "And Spiderman swings in right past a huge american flag blowing gloriously in the wind to save the day" moments???

because I don't think I could handle another one.
No...not really at least.
Moolah wrote:The fuck?

Did this shit come out in Australia before the states????

I just got home from it and shit was TRILL. I want to fuck the lead girl in this movie. Also there is some aussie chick in this movie and her voice is annoying as fuck. The movie is rather corny in parts but I genuinely laughed at certain parts of it. It has much more of a comedic element than I expected, but it didn't piss me off too much. The action is fucking incredible, possibly the best special effects I've ever seen. Bernie Mac cameo :naswtf: . Also one of Jim Carreys fat kids from Me Myself and Irene was pretty funny.

^^^^This is why I don't write movie reviews. Just enjoy the damn movie for it's :ohsh: special effects, cheesy comedy and hot lead actress.
Bernie has a small cameo, its pretty funny. Megan Fox looks great, but I hear she's pretty trashy and has a lot of tats. I gave it an 8, but the rest of my team gave it a 6. It was what I was expecting so I was pleased with the actron. The transforming scenes are great and the CGI is amazing. Dialogue and plot are kinda weak. But it's a good fun action movie. Btw, the world premiere was last night in LA.

Do you like titties?

Ches!

CaseJuan

Re: Just Saw Transformers

Post by CaseJuan »

Shup Diddy wrote:
No homo wrote:
CaseJuan wrote:(that's right one day before the "World Premiere"
you mean one week and one day...
this nigga didn't see it.
I don't have an "e-persona". If I said I did it, i did it. I've got a major beef with the movie though, but I'll wait before I address it.

Do you like titties?

Ches!

beans79

Post by beans79 »

Jennie C wrote:I will be seeing this with Reggie next week.

Reggie can have some popcorn, but he's definitely not getting a blowjob.
How about you wait until the 6th, and we go late night.

Pretty please?

You know you wanna...

:gyeah: :gyeah: :gyeah:
(18:05:41) NerdyBroad: libido cancels logic everytime

FreshShabazz

Post by FreshShabazz »

CaseJuan wrote:I don't have an "e-persona". If I said I did it, i did it.
real talk.

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

beans79 wrote:
Jennie C wrote:I will be seeing this with Reggie next week.

Reggie can have some popcorn, but he's definitely not getting a blowjob.
How about you wait until the 6th, and we go late night.

Pretty please?

You know you wanna...

:gyeah: :gyeah: :gyeah:
Talk to the man with the popcorn.

What say you, Regster?
hopps wrote:i also think mindbender wastes way too much time on this message board. i think he should never come here again. seriously, man.

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

What is that, Friday? Let's discuss it tomorrow.

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

CaseJuan wrote:
Shup Diddy wrote:
No homo wrote:
CaseJuan wrote:(that's right one day before the "World Premiere"
you mean one week and one day...
this nigga didn't see it.
I don't have an "e-persona". If I said I did it, i did it. I've got a major beef with the movie though, but I'll wait before I address it.
niggas take me too seriously

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

I'll give you ratner, but honestly you couldn't tell a Michael Bay film? Honestly? There are so many little things that only he does like the slo mo 360 pans etc. He definitely puts his stamp on every film he directs...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

i am so excited i don't even know what to do with myself. and masturbation is out of the question :lol:

Wednesday can not come soon enough. Maybe I'll try to sneak into the premier like I did for Die Hard 4 :rockout: (which was the best movie this summer UNTIL TRANSFORMERS ENTERS MY BRAIN)

I agree, Michael Bay directing with Steven Spielberg producing is probably the match made in heaven that needs to happen for a movie like this... we get explosions...with substance. :ironmike:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i can say with all honesty and certainty i will never see this movie.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

ALASKA wrote:i can say with all honesty and certainty i will never see this movie.
Your loss.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

^^ Co-Sign on dotted line. Peep the ink sizzle but save ya soul from that Devil.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

ALASKA wrote:i can say with all honesty and certainty i will never see this movie.
Fag

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

b0mbs_of_death wrote:
Fag
...........................................................................................got

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

do you lift your shirt and hold it with your chin when you pee?
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

SEEING THIS TONIGHT AT 9...

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Saw it this morning.

It was good. Not as good as I thought it was going to be, but very enjoyable and very explosiony. There are a few rock solid OH SHI- moments.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

sorry i never liked transformers. by the time they came out i was already done with toys and into girls and bmx. i had a kick as comb im my back pocket like kelly leech in the bad news bears.

but if you guys wanna gay out over them feel free, i cant wait to read all your tear and angry posts about how they soiled your memories and ruined a great franchise you go-bot fucks :lol:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

tsssssshhhh!!!!! you hear that? that's teh faint sound of alaska's inner child crying himself to sleep
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

drizzle wrote:tsssssshhhh!!!!! you hear that? that's teh faint sound of alaska's inner child crying himself to sleep
hahaha

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

CaseJuan wrote:Megan Fox looks great, but I hear she's pretty trashy and has a lot of tats.

you say this like it's a bad thing.

you can see most of her tats in the new maxim, i have no problem with them, she's a real foxy lady.

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

i kinda wanna check this out but i'll prolly wait until it hits dvd. but i do hope this movie does major numbers so the far superior Voltron gets made into a feature flick.

and did anyone see the trailer for jj abram's new movie, Cloverfield? it's supposed to be incredible.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

DredScott wrote:i kinda wanna check this out but i'll prolly wait until it hits dvd. but i do hope this movie does major numbers so the far superior Voltron gets made into a feature flick.

and did anyone see the trailer for jj abram's new movie, Cloverfield? it's supposed to be incredible.

is that what the fuck that is called, cloverfield? The whole audience was like WTF? How do you see a simpsons' trailer and then that damn...Wasn't that impressed really, seems like those gatorade commercials, where it seems like a home video camera but has some crazy thing happen like a full court shot,I can stand 30 seconds but not a feature film. No thanks...

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Dear Dreamworks,

Hi I'm Hollywood Director Michael Bay, I'm sure you are familiar with my amazing work so I won't waste your time with a resume. I'm writing in regards to the fact that I would love to do a live action film of the 80's cartoon/toys/merchandise TRANSFORMERS. There is a huge call for remakes of nostalgic toys/video games etc. and I think now more than ever is the perfect time for this film to be made.

We will build huge set pieces, we will go to Boston, LA, Detroit, Hoover Dam, the white desert of Alamagordo. The TRANSFORMERS will be amazing, a huge feat in animation and CGI, we will have a team of the top professionals in the industry craft real life alien robots who will fight all over America in different locations, most impressively on a freeway in which two TRANFORMERS smash through buses and cars falling 50 feet....

here is the thing, I want to shoot the film ENTIRELY IN EXTEME CLOSE UP!

stay with me...

I'm not talking just any close up. I don't want bust shots or medium close ups or even just regular everyday close ups. I want to get so deep into characters the audience will know what they ate for lunch. You know those set pieces we are going to build? You won't really see them because we will have the camera so close to our cast that it will get lost in the frame. Those amazing CGI effects? Don't count on "really" seeing them because we will be in so tight on them that it will just look like metal colliding and you won't really be able to see if the transformers are punching, shooting, doing their taxes, or making love. That is another thing, not only will we have them up close and personal but we will at least make 5 of them LOOK IDENTICAL!!! One of which will be Megatron...Yeah I know he is a main character but he should look exactly like starscream and about 3 or 4 other transformers as well...

I also would like to pay homage to myself twice... One by having a fat kid scream "this is 1000 times better than Armageddon" when the Transformers are coming to earth, and another time by mimicking the shot I used in Bad Boys 2 ,which is arguably one of the best action films of all time, in which the camera 360 revolves around the shootout showing the persuer and the persuee.

Overall I really think the audience is in for a spectacular ride, it will be as if they are riding inside the TRANSFORMERS the ENTIRE film....

Sincerely,
Michael GOAT Bay

Patches O'Houlihan

Post by Patches O'Houlihan »

Trademark wrote:Dear Dreamworks,

Hi I'm Hollywood Director Michael Bay, I'm sure you are familiar with my amazing work so I won't waste your time with a resume. I'm writing in regards to the fact that I would love to do a live action film of the 80's cartoon/toys/merchandise TRANSFORMERS. There is a huge call for remakes of nostalgic toys/video games etc. and I think now more than ever is the perfect time for this film to be made.

We will build huge set pieces, we will go to Boston, LA, Detroit, Hoover Dam, the white desert of Alamagordo. The TRANSFORMERS will be amazing, a huge feat in animation and CGI, we will have a team of the top professionals in the industry craft real life alien robots who will fight all over America in different locations, most impressively on a freeway in which two TRANFORMERS smash through buses and cars falling 50 feet....

here is the thing, I want to shoot the film ENTIRELY IN EXTEME CLOSE UP!

stay with me...

I'm not talking just any close up. I don't want bust shots or medium close ups or even just regular everyday close ups. I want to get so deep into characters the audience will know what they ate for lunch. You know those set pieces we are going to build? You won't really see them because we will have the camera so close to our cast that it will get lost in the frame. Those amazing CGI effects? Don't count on "really" seeing them because we will be in so tight on them that it will just look like metal colliding and you won't really be able to see if the transformers are punching, shooting, doing their taxes, or making love. That is another thing, not only will we have them up close and personal but we will at least make 5 of them LOOK IDENTICAL!!! One of which will be Megatron...Yeah I know he is a main character but he should look exactly like starscream and about 3 or 4 other transformers as well...

I also would like to pay homage to myself twice... One by having a fat kid scream "this is 1000 times better than Armageddon" when the Transformers are coming to earth, and another time by mimicking the shot I used in Bad Boys 2 ,which is arguably one of the best action films of all time, in which the camera 360 revolves around the shootout showing the persuer and the persuee.

Overall I really think the audience is in for a spectacular ride, it will be as if they are riding inside the TRANSFORMERS the ENTIRE film....

Sincerely,
Michael GOAT Bay

So did you like it?

First things first I cant believe Brett Ratner is even in this thread.

Ok Those close ups that you hate so much are arguably bad but most of the time its to give you from the human perspective, to see what they are seeing. and the 360 thing I mean cmon Trade thats BAy's thing if he wants to use it in the rest of his films then go for it, nobody does it better.

Anyway this movie was fucking crazy, the best special effects I have ever seen wow this did not dissapoint, meagan fox is really hot but if you read her maxim spread I doubt you would think more of her than just eye candy, she sounds like a cynical idiot. Shia is great and yes stupid dialogue but the movie is funnier than I thought it would be. BESIDES WHO GOES TO THESE MOVIES FOR DIALOGUE ANYWAY, I cant hear any more complaints about this shit. the plot well very straight forward..................... find the cube and fight to the death to protect it, simple straightforward, Nobody could have done htis better than Bay, he killed it!! Its fucking loud, fucking crazy, and fucking loud!!

things that could have been better, maybe more Optimus Prime fight scenes! in general maybe the autobots could have been more bad ass in the end.

ALSO QUESTION/SPOILER Ok so Megatron landed on earth around 1850 and got stuck, but if Witwicky finds him like around 1910 or so what electronics would megatron have turned into bots?

GM couldnt have asked for better product placement the Camaro looked great!!

Bring On TRANSFORMERS 2: RISE OF THE GOLDEN AUTOBOT
A new era has begun and it goes by the numbers 1,3,6

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

I enjoyed it... But the fight scenes were so chaotic I couldn't enjoy them... And then seriously you could tell who was punching who, or if they were even punching at all? When the transformers fought it just looked like two CGI balls colliding. I didn't really see any transformers fight each other just run into each other and either immediately fall 10,000 feet while destroying 8 city blocks or melt into one another, I think Megatron caught an upper cut from Optimus but I wasnt entirely shure...That is another thing 3 autobots were definitely noticeable BUT ALMOST EVERY SINGLE DECIPTICON LOOKED ALIKE....I defy you to tell me the difference between megatron and starscream other than when starscream was fucking up those fighter jets.... Overall it is an amazing spectacle and I was VERY entertained, just not a very good movie or adaptation....Very funny though, I laughed at alot of parts....and when he turned into a new camaro the audience applauded which i didn't expect..