Commando Vs. Predator

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Let Off Some Steam vs. I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

Commando
10%
Predator
90%

Total votes: 40

cascarrabias

Commando Vs. Predator

Post by cascarrabias »

VS.

We might have done this already.

If there were an Action Movie Meter, these two would have perfect scores. It really boils down to preference.

In terms of one liners, Commando wins.

In terms of supporting cast, Predator wins.

In terms of body count, Commando wins.

In terms of green alien blood, Predator.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i refuse
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

tough to choose.....as a child, i preferred commando. but as i grew, predator started to become more preferred after repeated viewings of both movies.

thus why, i voted predator.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Like them both but I'm picking Predator. It's part of the Holy Trinity of Arnie movies.

Will not cop Commando until the powers that be release the mythical version with the guy getting beaten with his own severed arm.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Spartan wrote:Like them both but I'm picking Predator. It's part of the Holy Trinity of Arnie movies.
:killacam:

Commando is not in that trinity?

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

cascarrabias wrote:
Spartan wrote:Like them both but I'm picking Predator. It's part of the Holy Trinity of Arnie movies.

Close but not quite.

The Terminator
Predator
Conan The Barbarian

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:tough to choose.....as a child, i preferred commando. but as i grew, predator started to become more preferred after repeated viewings of both movies.

thus why, i voted predator.

I think it is true that Commando has not aged as well as Predator. Plus The Predator is the ultimate villain badass who has spawned his own movies and video games. While the dude in chain mail is totally awesome, he can't really stand against The Predator. Spartan I disagree on Conan.....I would put Commando in the trinity over conan any day.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Predator cause the Predator was bad ass plus you had two future governors and motherfucking Apollo Creed in the cast.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Spartan wrote:
cascarrabias wrote:

Close but not quite.

The Terminator
Predator
Conan The Barbarian
:killacam: commando >>> conan, and I love conan

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

predator is one of the best action movies of all time

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: Commando Vs. Predator

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

cascarrabias wrote:Image

VS.

We might have done this already.

If there were an Action Movie Meter, these two would have perfect scores. It really boils down to preference.

In terms of one liners, Commando wins.

In terms of supporting cast, Predator wins.

In terms of body count, Commando wins.

In terms of green alien blood, Predator.
gospel.

I couldn't betray my kind: I VOTED PREDATOR :rofl:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Not one vote for Commando yet.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Well I know that there's a hardcore contingent of Commando fans here and I guess I would consider myself one of them, but to me Conan The Barbarian is kind of timeless and better movie. You've got James Earl Jones as Thulsa Doom who is a complete fucking bad ass as a Jim Jones snake changing cult leader, those two Iron Maiden style henchmen (one of them was the mall security guard in Mallrats and the bodyguard in Running Man) Max Von Sydow doing glum as he only knows best. Mako's dope as fuck narration and comedic wizard routine. Conan's bitch looking like a complete Boris Valejo erotic painting come to life and that little Mexican archer sidekick who's got everyone's backs. Last but not least, if ever there was a part suited for an actor, it's Arnold as Conan.

I watched this again just a couple of nights ago and it's aged really fucking well compared to Commando or even alot of Arnie's other movies. The violence and Basil Poledouris' score are in a class of their own. The witch fucking and snake cult orgy scenes are incredible. Conan gets passed by the wayside when most folks talk about Arnie films, but honestly, if you haven't seen this at all or even recently, I recommend it. Pretty sure, some folks will really appreciate just how well this movie has aged now.

No homo
Hoody Shankz

Post by No homo »

b0mbs_of_death wrote:Predator cause the Predator was bad ass plus you had two future governors and motherfucking Apollo Creed in the cast.
pretty much.

this is at 5-star movie for me. saw it in the theater back in '87. i love it more and more with each repeated viewing.

for me, Commando is the definitive 80's action movie. it spawned rip-offs of all kinds but was never bettered. i LOVE it. that said, Predator is superior.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

without any doubt in my mind. PREDATOR!!!

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

fuck it, i'll be an outcast and vote for Commando. too many quotables in that movie. plus, i guess i watched it more times than i ever watched Predator (didn't have a copy at the crib for some reason).
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

predator pretty easily for me.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Commando.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

I'd say that Predator is my favorite action movie. The entire squad is dope as fuck: Arnold, Sonny Landham, Jesse Ventura, Bill Duke, Carl Weathers, etc.

I'll never get sick of watching Commando either, but Predator gets my vote.

The Drunken Poet

Post by The Drunken Poet »

This is a waste of time... PREDATOR, hands down.

Nothing is better than Arnie's mercenary team of: Mac, Billy, Blaine, Poncho, Hawkins, and Dillion.

Plus this guy is like a hero to me:
'Nuff said.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

commando easily over conan imo part of the holy trinity

i prefer Terminator 2 over Terminator 1, personally.

No True Lies fans? i think that's his 4th best movie over Conan.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

Roy Johnson wrote:I'd say that Predator is my favorite action movie.

this, die hard, and aliens are my all time favourite action movies.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Kinda surprised at how bad Predator is crushing Commando given how good they both are.

That said, voted Predator.

No way Conan is better than Commando either.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Spartan wrote:Well I know that there's a hardcore contingent of Commando fans here and I guess I would consider myself one of them, but to me Conan The Barbarian is kind of timeless and better movie. You've got James Earl Jones as Thulsa Doom who is a complete fucking bad ass as a Jim Jones snake changing cult leader, those two Iron Maiden style henchmen (one of them was the mall security guard in Mallrats and the bodyguard in Running Man) Max Von Sydow doing glum as he only knows best. Mako's dope as fuck narration and comedic wizard routine. Conan's bitch looking like a complete Boris Valejo erotic painting come to life and that little Mexican archer sidekick who's got everyone's backs. Last but not least, if ever there was a part suited for an actor, it's Arnold as Conan.

I watched this again just a couple of nights ago and it's aged really fucking well compared to Commando or even alot of Arnie's other movies. The violence and Basil Poledouris' score are in a class of their own. The witch fucking and snake cult orgy scenes are incredible. Conan gets passed by the wayside when most folks talk about Arnie films, but honestly, if you haven't seen this at all or even recently, I recommend it. Pretty sure, some folks will really appreciate just how well this movie has aged now.
I saw Conan like 2 weeks ago, and fucking :rockout: 'ed at how sweet it aged. Hollywood couldn't make something that fucking awesome today if they tried, they'd real it all up and destroy the magic that is inherent in that Conan flick.

Commando is hard to hate on, but nothing in it had a scene like Jesse the Body Ventura getting a hole the size of 24 inch rims blown out his belly. Predator doesn't have nearly as much good dialogue as Commando:

"how did you know there were bad guys?"
"down wind"
:rofl:

Sully getting punked off by Rae Dawn Chong :bow: :booty: :jiz: and then him flipping 180 degrees with "FUCKIN WHORE" :rofl:

Arnie busting that black dude's neck in the airplane: "Please don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired." :rofl: x infinity

"I'm not going to shoot you between the eyes, Matrix... I'M GOING TO SHOOT YOU BETWEEN THE BALLS!!" :rofl: x forever and a day

immortal greatness.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Predator...just watched it the other night and it's definitely iller than Commando.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

how is the dialogue in Predator getting shitted on?

The 'I lied' scene is classic, but nothing in movie history will ever top 'Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you into a goddamn sexual tyranasourus, just like me"

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Got two questions:

1) How is this director's cut? http://www.amazon.com/Commando-Director ... 916&sr=1-1

2) WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THIS CARRIED ON NETFLIX???

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Combo7 wrote:Got two questions:

1) How is this director's cut? http://www.amazon.com/Commando-Director ... 916&sr=1-1

2) WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THIS CARRIED ON NETFLIX???
Not significally different from the og cut as I remember, the legendary 'beating with the arm' thing is not in this. Good dvd though, if you want to own the movie this would be the version to get.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

Arnolds commentary on Conan is :lol: