Wolverine trailer

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

how the hell was it deadpool? is it ryan reynolds?

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

considering Logan was calling him Wade at times, I think it was pretty safe to say that.

when deadpool is put through the process of acquiring the super healing factor in the comics, he's horribly disfigured (in the movie, he acquires other mutant powers and looks ugly because of.....well, you know).....so that's a little hint too.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

this is pretty gay
ג€œThat, I would say, is Deadpool, yeah,ג€ Reynolds told MTV News. ג€œWhen Iג€™m in the scarred makeup too, and youג€™ll see closer shots obviously in the film, and itג€™s hard to even tell thatג€™s me, but you can tell. Youג€™ve just got to find a better shot.ג€
ג€œIג€™m not going to get into exactly whatג€™s going on with his mouth, particularly because he is ג€˜the merc with the mouth,ג€™ג€ added Reynolds when asked, given his previous response, what it was like to film with his mouth sealed. ג€œBut itג€™s going to be pretty interesting when people see it. People are going to be blown away and have a deep appreciation for what it is and how that character fits into this universe.ג€

And there you have itג€¦ sort of.

Weג€™ve been all over the Deadpool mystery since last month when Toy Fair in New York City yielded our first clue in the form of a Deadpool action figure that looked nothing like the Marvel Comics version of the character. Since then, the Deadpool/Weapon XI debate has been one of out hot-button issues here, and while Reynoldsג€™ answer seems to put some closure on the issue, weג€™re still left with lots of questions ג€” namely, whatג€™s the deal with the arm blades, tattoos and, wellג€¦ lack of a mouth?

That being said, itג€™s clear that the news coming out of the ג€œWolverineג€ movie camp has only just begun to heat up in anticipation for the filmג€™s May 1 release, so be sure to keep it locked to Splash Page for the latest updates.

What do you think of Deadpoolג€™s look in ג€œWolverine?ג€ Letג€™s hear what you have to say in the comments.
At yesterdayג€™s press event for the upcoming Ryan Reynolds film, Adventureland, the folks from Latino Review and Collider took advantage of the opportunity to ask about his character in X-Men Origins: Wolverine ג€“ something many of us would like to do ourselves.

Both sites posed similar questions in their meetings with Reynolds and the one major common topic was about a potential Deadpool spinoff of which weג€™ve heard rumblings about ever since Ryan was cast in the role.

Reynoldג€™s response to Latino Reviewג€™s question of if heג€™d be interested in a solo film:

ג€œYa, I love the character. Iג€™ve always loved the character. I remember reading one of the Deadpool comic books, and somebody asked Deadpool what he looks like. And he said he looks like a cross between a Shar-Pei and Ryan Reynolds. And I was like, I really, really wanna play this guy at some point. I thought it was pretty cool. Itג€™s a guy that knows heג€™s in a comic book. How hard is it to shoot that properly? Thatג€™s not something they put in Wolverine nor would it belong in that universe.ג€

Collider asked about him being contacted about doing a spinoff for Deadpool:

ג€œIג€™ve had a couple of people approach me about meetings for a ג€œDeadpoolג€ movie but I think itג€™s absurd to think that way until this movie comes out. And I donג€™t even look at it like I play Deadpool in this movie. I really think I more or less play Wade Wilson, and Iג€™m playing the creature that will eventually become Deadpool but in this movie itג€™s his newly formed versionג€¦.so to speak.ג€

Of course the fanboy question of whether or not heג€™ll wear the mask came up and Ryan replied:

ג€œIג€™m not gonna answer that.ג€

But it doesnג€™t end there, later in the Latino Review interview a member of AICN asked Reynolds if the reason he wears the mask explained in the film.

Ya, ya. Well, itג€™s an origin story, so again I donג€™t consider myself playing Deadpool. Iג€™m the thing that will eventually become Deadpool. But ya, heג€™s scarred up. Youג€™re gonna see the scars. Thatג€™s all in there.

Some of the other questions included how it was like being on set and working with Hugh and other major players of the cast ג€“ To which he replied he loved it, especially compared to the dysfunctional set of Blade Trinity. Another question was about the extent of his role in the film. Ryan said it was initially a cameo as he had two other movies he was part of already, but the later ג€œre-shootsג€ for Wolverine we heard about in January were actually to do many of his scenes including a big sword-fighting sequence where he does his own stunts.

These interviews clear up some of the Deadpool worries we had from what we saw in the trailers and the toy images, but just barely. We still donג€™t know if that Weapon XI character from the trailers is him. Weג€™ve heard some rumors that it is him and something happens during the film to revert his character back to the Deadpool we know and love (without the laser eyes and wrist blades). In one of the interviews, Reynolds partly distances himself from his interpretation of the character to what Fox says the character is.

The recently updated IMDB description for the Weapon XI character X-Men Origins: Wolverine now currently says that Wade Wilson is Weapon XI, and that after the strange transformers he is played by Scott Adkins - This is updated by users and of course is not confirmed. I very much hope this is incorrect information.

Then Perhaps Reynolds means Fox thinks this character loaded with powers is Deadpool and Ryan thinks he becomes Deadpool after all of that because thatג€™s not what Deadpool is in the comics. Either way, this is too confusing and it shouldnג€™t be ג€“ If they just stuck to the characters as they should be this wouldnג€™t be an issue. After all, they still could be separate charactersג€¦

What do you think?

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

That is fucking stupid.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

fuck fox..

i really hope they dont fuck this movie up.

im so glad marvel is knockin movies out the fucking box.

i just watched iron man again last night, and was blown away again!

kasmoney

Post by kasmoney »

Truth. wrote:
kasmoney wrote:this movie is fuckin trash...deadpool had laser beam eyes at the end...

so many other things wrong with this fuckin movie..but what they did to deadpool at the end was the worst...

did ryan rynolds quit half way thru the movie or something??
that not deadpool and lots of deadpool scenes are still gonna be added to final cut
stryker called him deadpool, wolverine says" they finally found a way to shut you up"...its fuckin deadpool..
I AM THE BEGINING AND ENDING OF WHAT IS RAW!

kasmoney

Post by kasmoney »

after the first 50 mins the movie was turned to shit...
I AM THE BEGINING AND ENDING OF WHAT IS RAW!

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

kasmoney wrote:
Truth. wrote:
kasmoney wrote:this movie is fuckin trash...deadpool had laser beam eyes at the end...

so many other things wrong with this fuckin movie..but what they did to deadpool at the end was the worst...

did ryan rynolds quit half way thru the movie or something??
that not deadpool and lots of deadpool scenes are still gonna be added to final cut
stryker called him deadpool, wolverine says" they finally found a way to shut you up"...its fuckin deadpool..

shit, to me, he looks just like Ryan Reynolds, especially the eyes. Wolverine calls him Wade twice! It's deadpool...

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

chapter thrive wrote:im so glad marvel is knockin movies out the fucking box.
What about both Hulks? Spiderman 3? X-Men 3?
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

Hayzoos wrote:
chapter thrive wrote:im so glad marvel is knockin movies out the fucking box.
What about both Hulks? Spiderman 3? X-Men 3?
Out of the movies you named, Marvel Studios only did the newest Hulk.

The first Hulk was dope to me. Spiderman 3 and X-men 3 sucked. But I think Spiderman was released by Sony Pictures I think and X-Men(Just like this one) is owned by Fox.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

as far as i know those movies were licensed to other studios.

the new hulk with edward norton was marvel produced, and i liked it alot.

the first one with hector (i cant remember dudes real name) was garbage.

as far as i can see, these marvel studio produced movies are sticking to the tried and tested scripts and mythologys

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

what was the deal with everyone climbing buildings for no reason? seriously that was just weird.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

SPOILER:
According to IMDB, it IS Deadpool...But it's not Ryan Reynolds playing the part once Wade changes into Weapon XI.
This whole thing seems retarded and pointless. I understand changing things that don't translate from the comic pages into film...but this is just fucking stupid.

I had high hopes for thios one too.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

i think me and truth confirmed it was deadpool at the beginning of page

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i think me and truth confirmed it was deadpool at the beginning of page
Yeah, that was more so to add on that it apparently it isn't Reynolds playing "Weapon XI" or whatever they are calling that version of Deadpool.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

why would they do that? fuck those guys

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

but......... the trailer was so good

:cry:

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

HopeLess wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:i think me and truth confirmed it was deadpool at the beginning of page
Yeah, that was more so to add on that it apparently it isn't Reynolds playing "Weapon XI" or whatever they are calling that version of Deadpool.

that was ryan reynolds IMDB has it wrong. There is even an interview where he says its him... Plus look at the eyes of that thing, it's ryan reynolds.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

Trademark wrote:
HopeLess wrote:

that was ryan reynolds IMDB has it wrong. There is even an interview where he says its him... Plus look at the eyes of that thing, it's ryan reynolds.
yeah, it very well may be...i havent even gotten that far...mine froze up at the blob part. was just putting up what imdb had up.

It was supposedly that Scott Atkins guy from Undisputed 2.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0012078/

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

They do have sort of the same look...and all you really see is the eyes... Hell maybe it's not him...

Lid

Post by Lid »

shitty marvel/fox movies

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

there's talk that the reshoots they did were to not make deadpool become weapon xi, one can only hope

an-also

Post by an-also »

sooooo is this actually bad or are you guys just nitpicking

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

its actually bad... the trailer is the best part of this film thus far...

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

yeah, i usually find redeeming qualities about bad movies.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I wasn't really hyped for the movie after I saw the trailer. I thought it looked like a piece of shit, and all of you guys confirmed it for me.

Donny Chicago

Post by Donny Chicago »

Well one post ruined this entire movie for me... The thing will all the mutant powers is in fact deadpool...

I was scared that it was from the trailer and this just confirmed it...

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

does anyone else hate wolverine's claws?? those shit are way too thick.

this is the first time ive like hugh jackman as wolverine though.
but i think that has more to do with the writing. in a couple of scenes, he was finally that cocky asshole we've grown to love.

this movie is garbage. i will still take my son to see it, but i doubt they can improve upon it that much.

i would love for them to just make pg13 cartoon movies instead of the live action ones. just get the big names for the voices like pixar and that other studio. live action is definitely affecting the screenplay.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

wtf is up with the casting? will.i.am and ryan reynolds?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

don't underestimate van wilder
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo