Lost - The Final Season (mildly NSFW)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Locke doesn't die till season 5 epidode "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham"

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

rewatching from the beginning

just started season three, so happy i decided to do this

my roommate is watching it with me but for his first time... he's super hooked

FEBRUARY 2 I AM SO EXCITED

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

The crash of Flight 815 from Lost in real time in the style of 24.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKcKtjrL5bc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MKcKtjrL5bc&hl ... 2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
ballin'
moved by duck muscles

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

im not even asking for birthday presents this year.

between lost opening up the day after my birthday and being able to open for raekwon a week later, im pretty sure this'll be the best year ever hahaha.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

thats dope. forgot all about desmond and the dude that got his radio exploded in the original badboys.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

ALASKA wrote:thats dope.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

has the scene where Jin visits the maternity ward with the panda been explained?

misdirection?
or is there some specific reason it was done that way with the off-island sequence for sun's birth..?

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

chapter thrive wrote:has the scene where Jin visits the maternity ward with the panda been explained?

misdirection?
or is there some specific reason it was done that way with the off-island sequence for sun's birth..?
Complete misdirection. I thought that was kinda wack.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

i would just like to mention the scene in season 4 episode 8 where the boat mercenaries attack the others' village and sawyer keeps telling the other survivors to get back inside and three of them get shot is fucking hilarious..

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

chapter thrive wrote:so im watching season 4 again to catch my mind up
and trying to figure out where the switch with locke occurs.
as far as i can remember, locke does die at the mass grave?

or am i mixing things up, should i be going back to season 3?

because he has just showed sawyer the bullet holes in episode 2 after he kills naomi.. is this real locke or the imposter at this point?

im trying to see the cues that the writers probably left in, but i cant tell the point ahead of time in my mind..
I honestly dont think its anything as complicated as people think.

Locke died when Ben strangled him. When they got back to the island, Flocke came about. End of story, son.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

chapter thrive wrote:i would just like to mention the scene in season 2 episode 23 when a giant fucking bird flies over Hurley/Michael/Sawyer/etc. and sccccreeches 'HUUURRLEY' is fucking hilarious..
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rcHaa6PbKsw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rcHaa6PbKsw&hl ... 2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Only a week away. Can't wait to watch it.

alpha

Post by alpha »

LilLeftBrain wrote:Image
:lol:

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Co-writer Damon Lindelof has said that the final season mirrors the first and is crazy.
In terms of genre elements, Damon Lindelof has stated that, "We sort of suckered people into this show but not presenting it as a science fiction show right out of the gate ג€¦ Lost has really been about the long con, because by the time we get to season 6, it's going to be fucking crazy!"

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Just watched the incident tonight. Awesome episode

alpha

Post by alpha »

drizzle wrote:Image
more please. :rofl:

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

ALASKA wrote:Just watched the incident tonight. Awesome episode
Other favorite episodes anyone?

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

alpha wrote:
drizzle wrote:Image
more please. :rofl:
This

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Lindelof has stated that the producers had a direct hand in the production of the season six promotional poster that was first displayed at Comic-Con, and that everything in it is intentional; he also made a reference to the Abbey Road cover in connection to the poster.

Season six is the only season of Lost ever to not feature any kind of preview or official promotional material such as sneak peeks and promo pictures for future episodes since the Lost producers consider any single frame from the first episodes to be too revealing. According to Lindelof, "even a single scene from the show would basically tip what it is we're doing this year, and what it is we're doing this year is different than what we've done in other years"

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

Truth. wrote:
Lindelof has stated that the producers had a direct hand in the production of the season six promotional poster that was first displayed at Comic-Con, and that everything in it is intentional; he also made a reference to the Abbey Road cover in connection to the poster.

Season six is the only season of Lost ever to not feature any kind of preview or official promotional material such as sneak peeks and promo pictures for future episodes since the Lost producers consider any single frame from the first episodes to be too revealing. According to Lindelof, "even a single scene from the show would basically tip what it is we're doing this year, and what it is we're doing this year is different than what we've done in other years"
AHHH!!!

The Afronaut wrote:
ALASKA wrote:Just watched the incident tonight. Awesome episode
Other favorite episodes anyone?
desmond's episode from season 4 is my favorite i think, but so tough to choose just one

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

zygmontone wrote: desmond's episode from season 4 is my favorite i think, but so tough to choose just one
Pretty sure that's mine too. "The Constant"...that shit was dope as hell. My other faves probably all fall in Season 1 though.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Ya "The Constant" was fantastic

ofcourse "Through The Looking Glass" blew everyones minds

another one i love is the one where Michael kills Ana and Libby then shoots himself

very first episode too

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

pretty much any desmond episode is great.

im still waiting patiently for my richard alpert flashback episode.

hopefully we get a jacob and man in black flashback episode. that would be fresh

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Truth. wrote: another one i love is the one where Michael kills Ana and Libby then shoots himself
Good call. Made me :ohsh:

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

ALASKA wrote:pretty much any desmond episode is great.

im still waiting patiently for my richard alpert flashback episode.
agree, hume is the shit because he represents one of my favourite authors.

im going to have to go back and read some of those books again before the season starts.

and yes, alpert needs to be explained.

that line where he says "im like this because of jacob" says so little but teases so much; its frustrating.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

has anyone rented season 5?

on the last disc they have an episode of the 1980's show: "Mysterious of the Universe" i remember this show

they did a episode on the dharma initiative??? and thats where the writers took all their dharma plots from?

who saw that episode?

that shit is real?
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

keL wrote:has anyone rented season 5?

on the last disc they have an episode of the 1980's show: "Mysterious of the Universe" i remember this show

they did a episode on the dharma initiative??? and thats where the writers took all their dharma plots from?

who saw that episode?

that shit is real?
I saw that...but I assumed the entire premise was made up...yknow just another cool thing the Lost creators threw in...but if that show actually existed in the 80s (let alone had an actual Dharma episode, thats wild as hell.