Catch Me if You Can

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Catch Me if You Can

Post by Trademark »

Always loved this movie and makes me wish Leo and Spielberg would make more movies together. Three amazing performances, Hanks, Walken, and Dicaprio. This movie flows so well and creates some really great suspenseful moments. The writing is good and creates many layers in all three of the central characters lives. Dicaprio plays "innocent young man" so well, he needs one more role like this before he gets too old. Spielberg basically hits a home run and this and terminal play really well together. He made this, terminal and Munich in a pretty close time period and they are all great films but I thing time considered Catch is the best of the bunch.

hell0maryjane

Post by hell0maryjane »

watchin that shit right now. great movie.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Great movie alright.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

cosign

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Leo's best role perhaps, better then GONY?

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

hell0maryjane wrote:watchin that shit right now. great movie.

Yeah, TBS, ftw!

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

love this flick

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

I only checked this after White Ice pestered me with private messages to watch it back in 2006.

It's better than all of the DiCaprio & Scorsese movies, which isn't a particularly major achivement or anything, but a great movie nontheless.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Really entertaining & surprisingly not corny for a spielberg movie. I guess he saved up all his cornball n let it off in the terminal.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:Really entertaining & surprisingly not corny for a spielberg movie. I guess he saved up all his cornball n let it off in the terminal.

He really hasn't made a good movie since The Terminal, Munich, Catch Me if You Can. War of the Worlds, and Indiana Jones were both terrible. I hope that Tintin is going to be dope.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:I only checked this after White Ice pestered me with private messages to watch it back in 2006.
:larry:

Really Thomas?

I've been cysing up Catch Me If You Can for a while now. Top 20, maybe Top 10 movie, of the decade.

Terminal gets a lot of unfair hate. It's a little corny and Tom Hanks is a little over the top, but that still doesn't discount the fact that the production design, direction, and Stanley Tucci's performance are all top notch. It has some minor flaws, but it's still very good. The reason why it gets derided as "wack" has more to do with young viewers not jiving with it because it's not miserable, dark, and cynical, not because it's shitty filmmaking.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Ramen wrote:Leo's best role perhaps, better then GONY?
Dude killed it, but I think it's his second best behind his role in The Departed.

LOL @ The Departed.

Ithithkle, you know damn well you suggested i see Catch Me If I Can in The Departed thread when i said that none of the 3 DiCaprio & Scorsese flicks to date were as good as The Basketball Diaries, and then send me a private message telling me i really had to see it asap, and then another private message a couple of days later asking me what i thought about it.

I'm not complaining as i might have completely slept on it otherwise, but let's not pretend that you aren't/weren't trigger-happy with the private messages.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

leo's best roles are still in his early 90s work, but this is his best since then

this movie has one of the the best opening credit sequences made in decades
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

drizzle wrote:leo's best roles are still in his early 90s work, but this is his best since then

this movie has one of the the best opening credit sequences made in decades

great score as well.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Don't forget about blood diamond.

Tintin sounds like the perfect project for spielberg.... and dicaprio :O one last youthful role ??
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Don't forget about blood diamond.

Tintin sounds like the perfect project for spielberg.... and dicaprio :O one last youthful role ??
1. Nas
2. Drake

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

If you read the book it was based on it makes the movie even more enjoyable. The magnitude of the fraud he pulled off for someone his age, especially then, is fucking insane. That Miami International Airport scene where he uses the stewardesses as decoys is a true story. Factor in that he's never had to pay a penny in restitution and still collects checks from the same corporations he used to defraud and you've got a player supreme.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

The Aviator was better
UBM CD COMING SOON

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

Pretty good movie.
But I prefer The Departed, GONY and The Aviator to it.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:LOL @ The Departed.

Ithithkle, you know damn well you suggested i see Catch Me If I Can in The Departed thread when i said that none of the 3 DiCaprio & Scorsese flicks to date were as good as The Basketball Diaries, and then send me a private message telling me i really had to see it asap, and then another private message a couple of days later asking me what i thought about it.

I'm not complaining as i might have completely slept on it otherwise, but let's not pretend that you aren't/weren't trigger-happy with the private messages.
I see how it is. :poke:

I never said I didn't PM you, Thomas. I just never pestered you. You're too cool for school. We know.

I'm on record as saying The Departed is incredibly overrated and probably wouldn't even make Scorsese's Top 10. Leo still was great in his roll though, as was my Ace Kevin Corrigan.

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

Icesickle wrote:I'm on record as saying The Departed is incredibly overrated...
:cheers:

I thought I was alone.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

great flick
Nets 2022

You're the one that's kewl and aloof nowadays, White Ice.

Anyway, The Departed is, at best, a semi-decent Brian De Palma movie. It has very little replay value and it should barely crack anyone's Scorsese top 20.

The Aviator is the best Scorsese & Di Caprio flick so far.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Icesickle wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote:LOL @ The Departed.

I see how it is. :poke:

I never said I didn't PM you, Thomas. I just never pestered you. You're too cool for school. We know.

I'm on record as saying The Departed is incredibly overrated and probably wouldn't even make Scorsese's Top 10. Leo still was great in his roll though, as was my Ace Kevin Corrigan.

I would mos def say it is overrated, but still entertaining and good.

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

drizzle wrote:leo's best roles are still in his early 90s work, but this is his best since then
yep.

"this boy's life" is in my top 3 favorite leo films, and the dude who wrote the memoir that the movie is about, tobias wolff, spoke at my university in the late 90s and i was way amped because i love his work. he wrote another book in '04 i believe called "old school" and it's one of my favorites. boarding school stories from the 50s and 60s are my favorite things to read.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:The Aviator was better

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Blockhead wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:The Aviator was better

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

He was better in the aviator and should have won the Oscar.

Wise Cracker

Post by Wise Cracker »

Catch Me If You Can > Aviator >>> Departed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gangs of New York