Dexter season 5 trailer

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Hayzoos wrote:This season is fucking awesome
Is it because Jordan Chase looks like you in his younger years?

:lol:

DLG

Post by DLG »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:This season is fucking awesome
Is it because Jordan Chase looks like you in his younger years?

this season is a lot better than the trinity killer stuff. Jordan Chase and his gang are creepy as hell and the added tension supplied by robocop is really making it much more suspenseful, hope they don't fuck it up in the last two weeks.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

DLG wrote: Jordan Chase and his gang are creepy as hell and the added tension supplied by robocop is really making it much more suspenseful
Agreed. Assuming Liddy gets killed this year too (and isn't brought back as fodder for next year), I'm kinda curious as to how they're going to breakup the kills.

Chase this week and Liddy next week? The reverse? Both saved for the finale?

Now that Liddy knows Dexter is killing people, I guess we can assume he's not going to try to blackmail him. Maybe he will? I'm really hoping they don't miss the opportunity to have Liddy tell Quinn everything he knows before he gets offed. Giving off the impression of plot and character development without ever actually doing so is kind of this show's greatest trick (e.g. Dexter has realized for the first time that he's actually human upwards of 15 times now).

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

PopeyeJones wrote:Giving off the impression of plot and character development without ever actually doing so is kind of this show's greatest trick (e.g. Dexter has realized for the first time that he's actually human upwards of 15 times now).

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The sex scene was a bit uncomfortable to watch.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Any season finale predictions? Good episode. I actually hope Julia Stiles returns next season. Will Lumen return next season, or die? Who does Det Morgan run in on and say "Freeze" in the preview for the final episode? What happens with Quinn/the shitload of evidence for Quinn and Dexter left in the van?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Lumin has got to die. No way they let him have a partner in crime (literally) next season.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Yeah, Lumin's dead. No way around that shit. Quinn possibly but I'm doubting it. It looks like they're setting up the next season for him to have his suspicions of what Dexter has been up to. I'm just glad that annoying old fuck Liddy is gone.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

He's gonna pin the murder on Quinn. Remember when Liddy's blood fell onto Quinn's shoe?
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

^ The surveillance footage is still in the van I think. And he threw the laptop in the water. That doesn't destroy a hard drive from being recovered. I think him and Quinn maybe help each other out and gain a newfound friendship.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

really good episode that also sets up the finale really well.

then next year gets to be a redo of season 1 with quinn as doakes.

show just got picked up for season 6, btw.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Hayzoos wrote:He's gonna pin the murder on Quinn. Remember when Liddy's blood fell onto Quinn's shoe?
yeah but something the way Quinn looked in the previews was like he knew he was onto something with Dexter. oh well......just gotta wait and see.
Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:^ The surveillance footage is still in the van I think. And he threw the laptop in the water. That doesn't destroy a hard drive from being recovered. I think him and Quinn maybe help each other out and gain a newfound friendship.
i dunno......Quinn was shady as fuck towards Dexter before Deb let him hit it. i wouldn't doubt it if he turned on Dexter if he knew he was right all along.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

They made a big enough deal about the blood dripping onto Quinn's shoe that it will come back up and he will go down. Deb knew he was meeting with Robocop anyway. Then there will be his phone records. She'll put two and two together after they recover some of the tape (parts that will be hopefully/conveniently innocent) of Dexter.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

blastmaster wrote:They made a big enough deal about the blood dripping onto Quinn's shoe that it will come back up and he will go down. Deb knew he was meeting with Robocop anyway. Then there will be his phone records. She'll put two and two together after they recover some of the tape (parts that will be hopefully/conveniently innocent) of Dexter.
naw, deb didn't know he was headin out to meet liddy. She was just in the background doing her work in that scene as quinn was headin out

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:
blastmaster wrote:They made a big enough deal about the blood dripping onto Quinn's shoe that it will come back up and he will go down. Deb knew he was meeting with Robocop anyway. Then there will be his phone records. She'll put two and two together after they recover some of the tape (parts that will be hopefully/conveniently innocent) of Dexter.
naw, deb didn't know he was headin out to meet liddy. She was just in the background doing her work in that scene as quinn was headin out
I meant meeting with him regularly.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

fuck waiting for this
any news on a leak?

:country kitchen jawn:

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Cannot fuckin wait for Sunday

Dap

Post by Dap »

where would you guys rank this season so far? its building up to be one of the top 2 endings, but the first half of the season was boring as shit

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

So far it's by far the best. Season 4 is in second place. But nothing is touching this season. Ever.

DLG

Post by DLG »

I'm a little torn about Lumin. Seems like her dying would be too much of a rehash, like when rita died, unless it makes dexter a complete and absolute psycho in the next season which might be interesting if done well.

On the other hand, I would hate the next season to be a killing duo theme, sure it can turn out to be pretty interesting and would probably involve a bunch of fuck ups committed by Lumin, but I really don't want it to go there.

Fuckin' A

Post by Fuckin' A »

No way Lumen dies. I have a feeling she's going to be a big part of next season as well. I'd be really disappointed if they tie all the loose ends by killing everyone off. Can't wait for the finale. My guess is that Debra catches Dexter in the act and let's him go, forcing Dexter to go on the run.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

ya i think this might be the season where Deb finally finds out....

Fuckin' A

Post by Fuckin' A »

There has to be more to Lumen than we know. I could be way off here, but I see her somehow becoming Dexter's adversary next season.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

I must be the only one on here that likes Lumen. I think she's been a pretty good character so far, and she's been great for the show.

DLG

Post by DLG »

nothing against her, there's just something about dexter being in a loving, functional relationship that doesn't seem cool

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Dexter isn't Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers. He isn't just some senseless, robotic killer, and that's what the show is trying to convey by brining these people into his life. The show would be boring if all they did was have him kill people.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

DLG wrote:nothing against her, there's just something about dexter being in a loving, functional relationship that doesn't seem cool
his pops is always right about him getting to close and etc. because of what he does. i think thats what gives me that feeling, too. granted, dexter would be a damn idiot for getting to beat it up when it comes to julia styles. at the same time, that fool is risking way too much shit getting others involved. like the season with Jimmy Smitts was a little unbelieveable. dude had a great character but it seemed a little over the top to me.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Hayzoos wrote:Dexter isn't Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers. He isn't just some senseless, robotic killer, and that's what the show is trying to convey by brining these people into his life. The show would be boring if all they did was have him kill people.
I agree, but he's still a social misfit of sorts. He loved Rita, sure, but he never really felt close to her or comfortable around her. I like him as a recluse that has a hard time being intimate and sharing feelings. Wouldn't want to see him behaving normally around other people naturally.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

DLG wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:Dexter isn't Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers. He isn't just some senseless, robotic killer, and that's what the show is trying to convey by brining these people into his life. The show would be boring if all they did was have him kill people.
I agree, but he's still a social misfit of sorts. He loved Rita, sure, but he never really felt close to her or comfortable around her. I like him as a recluse that has a hard time being intimate and sharing feelings. Wouldn't want to see him behaving normally around other people naturally.
In the beginning, he was real socially fucked up because he was trying to go by his father's code. If you look at some of the instances over time in the show, he questions some of that shit to supposedly be normal. I think thats part of why it doesn't seem right because he was too much of a skitzo to be that way.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

any live streams??