Great moments in Wiggardry: Havoc

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Great moments in Wiggardry: Havoc

Post by Blockhead »

Perhaps some of you will appreciate this:
http://phatfriend.wordpress.com/2011/01 ... dry-havoc/

While on the topic, we could use this thread discuss other wonder wiggerdly moments in modern cinema.

White Boyz anyone?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

That write up completely lost me when it dissed Bully.

Bully is nothing like what I saw in that clip, at all, and is far from "terrible."

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

You might want to watch Bad Biology if you haven't already.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Icesickle wrote:That write up completely lost me when it dissed Bully.

Bully is nothing like what I saw in that clip, at all, and is far from "terrible."
Bully is a guilty pleasure. I watch it every time it's on. It's highly entertaining. I love it but I also get douche chills watching it.
It's definitely a much better movie than Havoc. They both very similar though (along with "black and white").

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Spartan wrote:You might want to watch Bad Biology if you haven't already.
I just watched the preview. Looks bad/good but what are the wigger levels like in it?

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Vinnie Paz levels

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Spartan wrote:Vinnie Paz levels
:cheers:

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

They might all feature "wiggas," but James Toback and Larry Clark come with some interesting observations about race and class in their movies. Black and White is an ambitious trainwreck and has some great moments that challenge the viewer; Bully is simply a really good movie, imo.

Bully, at least, is extremely well observed. A lot of lower middle class white kids in Florida act just like that and it gets their milieu just right. Larry Clark might be an exploitive, borderline pederast dickhead, but his movies always feel well researched.

At least from the clips on that page, Havoc doesn't seem like it has any basis in observed reality and looks like a bad Mad TV clip with some drama added.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Icesickle wrote:
Bully, at least, is extremely well observed. A lot of lower middle class white kids in Florida act just like that and it gets their milieu just right. Larry Clark might be an exploitive, borderline pederast dickhead, but his movies always feel well researched.
well yeah cause he spends years shooting creepy footage of young kids, then a few more years fapping to said footage, then makes alarmist exploitative trash based on his fapping fantasies
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Thun

Post by Thun »

Havoc looks like a very weak example of Hollywood Wiggadry in motion. Hanging out with Eses in downtown LA is not how upper crust whiggers get down at all.

Hathaway looks deliciously slutty though.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

drizzle wrote:well yeah cause he spends years shooting creepy footage of young kids, then a few more years fapping to said footage, then makes alarmist exploitative trash based on his fapping fantasies
:lol:

Touche.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Icesickle wrote:They might all feature "wiggas," but James Toback and Larry Clark come with some interesting observations about race and class in their movies. Black and White is an ambitious trainwreck and has some great moments that challenge the viewer; Bully is simply a really good movie, imo.

At least from the clips on that page, Havoc doesn't seem like it has any basis in observed reality and looks like a bad Mad TV clip with some drama added.
I agree about Black and white. It really tried to do something that I just don't think Toback was a good enough film maker to pull off. The thing is, Toback is a very smart dude but his approach to that topic seemed to be coming from someone who really didn't understand it. He got all the right people in it but it just didn't sit right (Perhaps that's the "trainwreck" aspect you were implying). It's similar to "crash" in that way. That said, there are a handful of scenes in that movie that are straight up amazing.

And Bully certainly did capture those kids perfectly, it's just some of the writing and performances were pretty poor. But I suppose , that's not really Clarks strong suit. Clark always makes movies i can watch but i feel like are heavily flawed. But, i suppose, if I can watch them so much, they must be great on some level.

As for Havoc, it actually is based on real people. The girl who originally wrote it at age 17 , killed herself. I guess someone got ahold of the script, put the hollywood spin on it and , boom, you had "Havoc". Like i said, it's not the same kind of movie as B&W or Bully (it's much trashier) but it was made 100% to be taken seriously and have strong social commentary on race and/or class just like those two movies, which is why it's failure is so hilarious to me.
Last edited by Blockhead on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Seriously...everyone who has not seen Havoc should see it just fully understand the scope of it's shittiness. The trailer and clips I showed don't do it justice.
It's something to behold.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

the one movie that doesn't get enough spin in these conversations is Harsh Times imo

not a great movie, but bale's back and forth between ESSAAYYY and I SPEAK VERY GRAMMATICALLY AT JOB INTERVIEWS is fantastic

Thun

Post by Thun »

Blockhead wrote: As for Havoc, it actually is based on real people. The girl who originally wrote it at age 17 , killed herself.
:lol: Excellent. Def gonna watch this now. I am so fuckin' bored.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

drizzle wrote:the one movie that doesn't get enough spin in these conversations is Harsh Times imo

not a great movie, but bale's back and forth between ESSAAYYY and I SPEAK VERY GRAMMATICALLY AT JOB INTERVIEWS is fantastic
Never heard of it. Are you telling me there is a film where Bale play's a cholo? IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME!?!?!?!?!??!

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

psychopathic ex commado cholo at that

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

You know I'm seeing that shit, vatos.

:cheers:

Thun

Post by Thun »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XbS7M4-Y87Y?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XbS7M4-Y87Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy shit. This can't be real but it is. How in the ... what the... good lord I need to see this.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Harsh Times is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Havoc is pretty amazing. Watching Hathaway rap 2Pac lyrics and getting banged by Ese's is pretty much the apex of modern cinema. Plus as a bonus you get to see Bijou Phillips get gangbanged. 10/10.

Whiteboyz is one of my ultimate guilty pleasures. Perfect mix of rap-sploitation and wigger-dom.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Oh man, Harsh Times is amazingly awful. This Havoc movie sounds incredible, will watch.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Harsh Times is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
This. It is SOOOOOOOO fucking bad.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Bale >

Versive

Post by Versive »

You might enjoy Havoc, you might not, it's a roll of the dice.

...See what I did there?

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

With the exception of 'Whiteboyz,' I haven't seen the films mentioned in this thread and, as a result, this may be the most important thread of 2011 for me. I'm going to see everything.

I just wanted to throw this into the mix:

I worked at the Union Square Virgin Megastore from September 2008 until its closing in June 2009. The most shop-lifted/stolen movie in our entire catalog was 'Bully.' I don't know what that says about the film, or the audience, but finding a disc-less 'Bully' on the shelf was a regular occurrence.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

I have the Whiteboyz soundtrack for some reason, but never seen the movie. I will have to check it out.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Harsh times is my favourite Christian bale movie.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Flipdog in Whiteboys party scene "betchu wont hitamuthafucka" top scene.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

I really think we had this exact discussion about these exact movies within the last year.

However, this is a topic whose depths cannot be explored enough. Fuckin cysed to watch that Bale movie.