Favorite william friedkin movie besides the Exorcist?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

blessingindisguise

Favorite william friedkin movie besides the Exorcist?

Post by blessingindisguise »

Listen we know how iconic the Exorcist is. The steps are regularly visited in d.c., it's usually in the top 10 horror movies ever made, it's been the subject of numerous parodies, and Linda Blair has managed to carve out a c-list career off it. What's your favorite besides the exorcist?

I thought we'd get some good answers and insight from this seldom talked about director. I'm sure people will choose the French Connection but to live and die in l.a. and the birthday party were underrated.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Blue Chips.

perlman

Post by perlman »

To Live and Die in LA rules for the ending alone.
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

I genuinely do love Blue Chips

Sorcerer is crazy underrated

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i like french connection, live and die in LA and sorcerer (easily one of the best remakes ever) more than the exorcist. i'm just not crazy for horror

i feel like jade might be underrated in general scheme of things, wont get rediscovered as a lost masterpiece any time soon but i remember thinking it was a solid sleaze thriller that got undeservedly hated
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

drizzle wrote:i like french connection, live and die in LA and sorcerer
After the Exorcist it's between these three for me.

I'd go:

1)French Connection
2)To Live and Die in LA
3)Sorcerer
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

The French Connection

Quite liked Bug but I've got to admit, I think The Hunted is a really underrated film.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i feel like i need to revisit hunted, it wasn't exactly what i expected when i saw it so I was dissapointed, might play better now
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Spartan wrote:I think The Hunted is a really underrated film.
came in here to say this

best knife fights in an english language movie??????

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Don't think I'm the right person to answer that, but the whole film is a great survivalism tutorial and the killer training camp scene really fascinated me. The end fight scene with the blade in the arm is spectacular and had me rewinding it so my brain could keep up with the whole set-up before the killer blow.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Spartan wrote:Don't think I'm the right person to answer that, but the whole film is a great survivalism tutorial and the killer training camp scene really fascinated me. The end fight scene with the blade in the arm is spectacular and had me rewinding it so my brain could keep up with the whole set-up before the killer blow.
It's a completely ridiculous film.

They make combat knives from scratch in about 15 minutes or so, so yeah, not exactly an accurate survivalism tutorial.

It's fine as a guilty pleasure, but :lol: at anyone who thinks its some great piece of cinema.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Patches O'Houlihan

Post by Patches O'Houlihan »

^correct
A new era has begun and it goes by the numbers 1,3,6

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

jamrage wrote:
Spartan wrote:Don't think I'm the right person to answer that, but the whole film is a great survivalism tutorial and the killer training camp scene really fascinated me. The end fight scene with the blade in the arm is spectacular and had me rewinding it so my brain could keep up with the whole set-up before the killer blow.
It's a completely ridiculous film.

They make combat knives from scratch in about 15 minutes or so, so yeah, not exactly an accurate survivalism tutorial.

It's fine as a guilty pleasure, but :lol: at anyone who thinks its some great piece of cinema.
It's not exactly Ray Mears losing his shit but it's pretty damned close.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G4b74IZCXqw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G4b74IZCXqw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>