Sons of Anarchy: Season 4

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

alpha

Post by alpha »

yeah she can get it.

ivan

Post by ivan »

I'm very excited, I made a note on my calendar for that. Hehe.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

ALASKA wrote:this season started off really shitty but i am enjoying it now.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:naswtf: at Gemma kissing Wayne.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

and :rockout: at Juice goin' HAM on that sheriff.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

ardamus wrote::naswtf: at Gemma kissing Wayne.
More like :naswtf: at Wayne continuing to let Gemma play him.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

good episode. definitely laying the foundation for a bunch more shit to pop off.

side note- does anyone else try to avoid the "next week on" previews at the end of the show? I really need to stop watching them because the preview for next week basically gave half (or more) of next week's episode away. weak.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

samdoom wrote:good episode. definitely laying the foundation for a bunch more shit to pop off.

side note- does anyone else try to avoid the "next week on" previews at the end of the show? I really need to stop watching them because the preview for next week basically gave half (or more) of next week's episode away. weak.
yeah, I do, and I agree.

This episode was pretty great. They're REALLY making us hate Clay, but I don't see resolution for the viewer anytime soon - they're not going to kill him in the near future I doubt.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

I have a prediction on an upcoming twist but I don't know if it would ruin it for everyone else so I will shut up. They hint at it more and more...

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote: This episode was pretty great.
Thuggy Bear, what was so great about it?

Not the "shootout". How does the other cartel stay in business with these poorly executed drive-bys?
Although I didn't want to see Leroy die, how does Jax continually convince the Cartel to do things his way?
You'd think Clay, Jemma, and him were Jedis the way they get people to do their bidding on this show.
I expect Aceveda to bitch slap Jax at some point in the near future.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Jayou Ayen wrote:

Not the "shootout". How does the other cartel stay in business with these poorly executed drive-bys?
Although I didn't want to see Leroy die, how does Jax continually convince the Cartel to do things his way?
You'd think Clay, Jemma, and him were Jedis the way they get people to do their bidding on this show.

It set up a lot of craziness for the remainder of this season, pacing was good, dope seeing Juice spazz out. The hokey things you are pointing out are nothing new for this show. Its been hokey since day 1, or especially since they murdered a fed and broke their friends out of the bus on the way to the prison.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:

It set up a lot of craziness for the remainder of this season, pacing was good, dope seeing Juice spazz out. The hokey things you are pointing out are nothing new for this show. Its been hokey since day 1, or especially since they murdered a fed and broke their friends out of the bus on the way to the prison.
I agree, it's still consistently one of the most entertaining shows I watch. I just enjoy the shit out of it, and I don't care about its problems.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

whats up with the feds constantly cutting deals for the sons to get out of seemingly impossible situations? and is otto partially retarded? just saying.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
ardamus wrote::naswtf: at Gemma kissing Wayne.
More like :naswtf: at Wayne continuing to let Gemma play him.

Whichever the case may be, its weird as fuck.

Matter of fact, remember when she was on the run and Wayne was driving with her and they were holding hands? That had to foreshadow to some more shit coming up now.
ALASKA wrote:whats up with the feds constantly cutting deals for the sons to get out of seemingly impossible situations? and is otto partially retarded? just saying.
Thats all a link to the IRA. Stahl wanted the same shit when Jax was "cutting a deal" with her in the last season. Whats different now is that limp-wristed DA fuckboy is pressing his luck to get more than just the IRA.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Something about the way the fed faggot talks really pisses me off. It's like his lips and voice aren't synced up properly or something. I can't even explain it, but its annoying.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

They're veering dangerously close to "Rescue Me" territory.

Word to LOLing at Jax talking down the cartel's muscle at every turn. I liked that they were using grenade launchers to blow holes in the walls of buildings and then stayed around afterward to negotiate terms.

Clay is the most compelling character. By a mile.

I'll still watch the show, but it's getting tougher.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Employee wrote:They're veering dangerously close to "Rescue Me" territory.

Word to LOLing at Jax talking down the cartel's muscle at every turn. I liked that they were using grenade launchers to blow holes in the walls of buildings and then stayed around afterward to negotiate terms.

Clay is the most compelling character. By a mile.

I'll still watch the show, but it's getting tougher.
clay is the best thing about this show

i do have to say i was happy to see jax shut bobby the fuck up.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ALASKA wrote:
Word. Why doesn't Bobby get gully at least occasionally?

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Employee wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
Word. Why doesn't Bobby get gully at least occasionally?
his whole thing is pulling up his pants when he walks and sleeping with methy looking broads.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Hmmm...

[quote]FX ADDS 14TH EPISODE OF SONS OF ANARCHY TO CLOSE OUT CURRENT SEASON

Season Four Finale Now Scheduled for Tuesday, December 6 at 10:00 PM ET/PT

Highest-Rated Season of Sons

Explosive 10th Episode - ג€œHandsג€ - Airs Tomorrow at 10:00 PM ET/PT

LOS ANGELES, November 7, 2011 ג€“ FX has ordered an extra episode of Sons of Anarchy that will extend the current fourth season to 14 episodes with the series finale now airing on Tuesday, December 6 at 10:00 PM ET/PT, announced Nick Grad, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, FX.

ג€œCreatively, this has been Sonsג€™ best and biggest season ever,ג€ said Grad. ג€œKurt asked us to consider adding an extra episode to fully close this current chapter of the Sons saga. By adding the extra episode, it wraps up a magnificent season in extraordinary fashion. This is a real bonus for fans of the series.ג€

Four seasons in, Sons of Anarchy is recording its highest-rated season yet, delivering 5.45 million Total Viewers and 3.71 million Adults 18-49, respective gains of +23% and +20%. On a weekly multi-telecast basis, Sons is delivering 8.51 million Total Viewers and 5.71 million Adults 18-49.

In tomorrow nightג€™s 10th episode, ג€œHands,ג€ Jax (Charlie Hunnam) and Tara (Maggie Siff) get a glimpse of life without SAMCRO but discover that their reality is hard to escape. (Written by Chris Collins & David Labrava & Kurt Sutter; Directed by Peter Weller)

The series stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, Maggie Siff, Kim Coates, Mark Boone Junior, Ryan Hurst, Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi, Dayton Callie and William Lucking. Sagal won the 2011 Golden Globe

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

[quote="Employee"]Hmmm...

[quote]FX ADDS 14TH EPISODE OF SONS OF ANARCHY TO CLOSE OUT CURRENT SEASON

Season Four Finale Now Scheduled for Tuesday, December 6 at 10:00 PM ET/PT

Highest-Rated Season of Sons

Explosive 10th Episode - ג€œHandsג€ - Airs Tomorrow at 10:00 PM ET/PT

LOS ANGELES, November 7, 2011 ג€“ FX has ordered an extra episode of Sons of Anarchy that will extend the current fourth season to 14 episodes with the series finale now airing on Tuesday, December 6 at 10:00 PM ET/PT, announced Nick Grad, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, FX.

ג€œCreatively, this has been Sonsג€™ best and biggest season ever,ג€ said Grad. ג€œKurt asked us to consider adding an extra episode to fully close this current chapter of the Sons saga. By adding the extra episode, it wraps up a magnificent season in extraordinary fashion. This is a real bonus for fans of the series.ג€

Four seasons in, Sons of Anarchy is recording its highest-rated season yet, delivering 5.45 million Total Viewers and 3.71 million Adults 18-49, respective gains of +23% and +20%. On a weekly multi-telecast basis, Sons is delivering 8.51 million Total Viewers and 5.71 million Adults 18-49.

In tomorrow nightג€™s 10th episode, ג€œHands,ג€ Jax (Charlie Hunnam) and Tara (Maggie Siff) get a glimpse of life without SAMCRO but discover that their reality is hard to escape. (Written by Chris Collins & David Labrava & Kurt Sutter; Directed by Peter Weller)

The series stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, Maggie Siff, Kim Coates, Mark Boone Junior, Ryan Hurst, Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi, Dayton Callie and William Lucking. Sagal won the 2011 Golden Globe

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

HA @ Yelawolf playing in the 9'rs bar.

No way the Sheriff would have apologized to juice in the way he did.

Can't believe the old sheriff is gonna be lead around by his nuts by Gemma, watching him shoot Piney's place up. Soon as Opie finds out his dad is dad, I'd think he will remember how Clay stopped him all awkward...or not.

:ohsh: @ the beating Clay gave Gemma and that falling out. Since they are both obviously fucked up, that's gonna come to light.

I don't understand why the cartel seems to think that the doctor poses a threat to them due to some letters from JT.

Pretty fucked up how Jax is doing Opie. Really waiting to see whats going to happen when he finds out his old man is dead.

My bet is on Jax and Opie killing clay and Jax heading up the club, sooner or later.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Still loving this show.

Why wouldn't the sheriff apologize? He just realized how he got played too. Now both he and Juice are essentially in the same spot.

No way Clay is surviving this season.

Still haven't had Piney's body discovered yet.

I think Jax will kill Clay, and Opie will take the fall for Jax. He'll either go to jail or die.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:ohsh: at Clay and Gemma's fight. That fool beat the shit out of her.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Clay's classic line of the tight pussy and etc. foreshadows that Gemma has always been the one who ran shit somehow.

Kind of wish they'd hurry up with the sheriff flipping on that fuckboy DA so Juice can go ahead and go apeshit again.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

That was a great episode, Hacksaw.
Although I won't count him out until they actually kill him, Clay finally crossed the Rubicon on this one.
Kinda wish I hadn't seen the previews for next week, but it looks like they will get around to checking up on Piney.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about what law enforcement does on this show? There has never been any threat by the cops that seems to bother Samcro. Whether it's the club saving deals that Employee mentioned before, or the Sons outsmarting the Law.

Shit I like to complain about:
Wayne tampering with the murder scene to make it look like a cartel hit, so fucking gay.
But not as gay as Jax & Tara singing children's songs on the road trip. Someone needs to make a gif of that shit.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Dope ep, yo. This season started out rather shittily; exceptionally shittily. But they're slowly restoring the faith.

Clay is illin' the fuck out. Anyone under the impression he won't be outliving this season is on one. He's basically commanding all the angles of the story line by direct means or inadvertent means. Especially as it relates to the cartel. Before this season, I thought his character was dope in his own right, but this year he is outshining everyone.

Gemma is now in full tilt, menopausal sav mode. She looked like she was Ron Perlman after the beating.

Opie should remember Clay's shook ass reaction to his going to check on his dad when he learns of Piney's death.

I cannot stress enough how irritating and distracting the fucking faggy fed is. It's just too much and strikes me as so out of place. What they should have done is cast a straightforward, nondescript type (not a faggerino who cruises around on a 1960's mod bike and wears exquisite leathers) who wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. And they should have only cast one fed who was serially on them and given time for the character to develop. Stahl to this queerbo is not progress. Thankfully he's a minor enough aspect of the show, but not small enough as to not warrant complaints.

Since the show is naturally beginning to wind down, I'm predicting that after Piney's murder, Juice (obviously) and Opie will die before the season is out. Juice by suicide or the club. Opie will find out about Clay and his dad, he'll try to kill Clay and Clay will get the drop on him first.

Otto flipping wasn't addressed this episode and since the fucking faggy fed has such a hard on for Juice, he probably isn't.

The Niners are in serious shit now too. WARFARE.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Employee wrote: The Niners are in serious shit now too. WARFARE.
With the Cartel, or the Sons?
Magic Jax was able to stop a shootout in the Niners' clubhouse, with only one death on each of the minority club's sides. Word to Hacksaw, I assumed it was a white clubhouse when I heard Yelawolf rapping.
The Mayans and the Niners (and to a smaller extent, those Lodi faggots) are only plot devices to be used whenever convenient or to further a story along. Other than Leroy or Alvarez, they are interchangable and likely to get blasted (unless it's one of those fierce gun battles where no one gets hit).

PS - I just realized that Al Aska made the comment about SOA getting bailed out of situations, my bad.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Employee wrote:Dope ep, yo. This season started out rather shittily; exceptionally shittily. But they're slowly restoring the faith.

Clay is illin' the fuck out. Anyone under the impression he won't be outliving this season is on one. He's basically commanding all the angles of the story line by direct means or inadvertent means. Especially as it relates to the cartel. Before this season, I thought his character was dope in his own right, but this year he is outshining everyone.
Clay is dead man walking, too many people already want or will want him dead. I'd only be slightly surprised if they did some Who shot J.R.? shit at the end of the season. Once Jax sees what happened to Gemma he's going to lose his shit, and Gemma wants Clay dead now.

They're giving Clay a lot of face time because this season is about his downfall. He's fucking up way too much to survive the season. His house is crumbling around him both figuratively and literally (shooting at the club followed by the subsequent cop "search".)

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Just caught the episode and the preview for next week.

Rocket launchers? Niiiiiiice.