Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (Seinfeld)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

^pert much. 24 reference did indeed elicit a laugh. don't think jerry even did that much in this ep
moved by duck muscles

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I can't believe he was that worked up driving around in that car.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

These are okay, but not exactly must see tv.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

ric

Post by ric »

ive only seen this and the comedians roundtable thing with gervais. but the dude just keeps bringing shit up like 100 times over and over.

a funny episode but couldve been funnier. just not a fan of gervais i guess in a show where theres only two people

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ep3
http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com ... lava-lamp/

again
guest (brian regan), kinda funny. jerry, obnoxious.
meh
moved by duck muscles

ric

Post by ric »

:cheers:
this shit is fucking funny

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

gotta catch up on the last two. Never really understood why Brian Regan is worshiped by almost every comedian, maybe being a clean act and making millions touring each year? yes leftbrain, thats your cue.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

:lol:
if it's right there, can't do it
moved by duck muscles

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Meh, this is purely a vanity project for Seinfeld to show off all his cars and beat jokes to death.

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

Whats the deal, WITH BRIAN REGAN?!?!?!?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

jamrage wrote:Meh, this is purely a vanity project for Seinfeld to show off all his cars and beat jokes to death.
Agreed. I don't give a shit about your old cars that cost 100k. The Larry David one was entertaining cause :larry: is entertaining. The rest of these have been tedious at best.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ric

Post by ric »

@stupidregister
really? youre not laughing? you guys really think this shit is forced? why? i think thats why its so great, because most comedians are comedians because they are fucking funny people in real life and, what a surprise, they think a lot of things are funny. with the gervais episode i think there were somethings we didnt get to see, and so we were missing out on the context.

with larry there is already so much context

LilLeftBrain

Re: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (Seinfeld)

Post by LilLeftBrain »

:meh: couple of baldwins stories are alright, but :meh: :blank:
moved by duck muscles

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

heh. i dunno, i think this is good stuff.

gervais freaking out was hilarious, Regan's "ya gotta jiggle the handle" was brilliance and Baldwin (despite me usually agreeing with what seems to be the universal sentiment that dude is a douche) was surprisingly funny.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Not that this is revelatory, but you can tell Alec Baldwin is such a cunt in his day-to-day life.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

alec's da gawd yall are buggin

Monotonous

Post by Monotonous »

the show is not that funny...laughs are scattered

but i enjoy the conversations...i like to watch this while drinking coffee...i just wish i could have one of the "cutscene cups" of joe. shit looks delicious.

i wish they spent more time on the cars too.

But I like the show a lot for some reason.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Baldwin's the gawd indeed. I enjoy watching these, they aren't great, but I watch them all start to finish.

ric

Post by ric »

joel hodgson is up now. i love this show and i would gladly pay to own an entire 50 part series of these

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

@jamrag

re: Jerrys cars and this bein a vanity project?

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

IRISH_CRAIG wrote:@jamrag

Ok, so he gets very expensive car dealers to loan out awesome cars to him to drive around. He never mentions that the cars aren't his, and because he's a well known car collector and filthy rich the audience naturally assumes they're his.

I actually liked the Joel Hodgson one quite a bit. Some legitimately great lols. The Avatar part at the end was legit hilarious.

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

jamrage wrote:

the audience naturally assumes they're his
Until they read the credits

citizen

Post by citizen »

i cant stop laughing about the most recent one with Barry Marder, the deniro impression, the rob lowe joke, the sandwich, the lincoln tunnel, the asking for pie, hilarious

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

IRISH_CRAIG wrote:
jamrage wrote:

the audience naturally assumes they're his
Until they read the credits
You think most people actually read the credits? :lol: I think that this thread has demonstrated that they don't.

This really isn't worth arguing about. The fact that the cars aren't his really doesn't change my overall view of the project as a whole.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

i noticed it in ep 1, never really felt one way or the other about it
the car parts would be shitty, offputting and boring either way
moved by duck muscles

an-also

Post by an-also »

The Bob Einstein episode is great.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

By BILL CARTER
Published: January 6, 2013

Jerry Seinfeld and Sony Pictures Television have decided to produce a second season of the short-run, experimental Internet series that Mr. Seinfeld created last year, “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,” a decision that mimics those made when a new comedy on television gets an order for a second season.

But the whole idea behind the Internet show, Mr. Seinfeld said, was to try to break into a medium other than TV. The decision to produce 24 new episodes, to be announced Monday, puts Mr. Seinfeld and Sony on the same track as sites like Netflix — which has forthcoming series like “Arrested Development” and “House of Cards” — in testing the waters to see if original, network-quality entertainment can emerge on the Internet.

“It’s kind of a new paradigm that we’re trying to create,” Mr. Seinfeld said in a telephone interview, referring to himself and Sony. “I think we both were craving that little sandbox feeling we had when we started out.”

Now they need to chase the same thing that other creators of original Internet content have been after: profits.

“This next go-round we’re going to have to figure out some sort of revenue stream, so it makes more sense,” Mr. Seinfeld said.

The first 10 episodes of “Comedians in Cars” contain no advertising and appear free on the Sony Web site Crackle and at comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com, the show’s own site. The format is a talk show of sorts that features Mr. Seinfeld riding around in vintage cars with friends in the comedy business, making detours to converse over food and coffee. Steve Mosko, the president of Sony Pictures Television, said that almost as soon as Mr. Seinfeld’s new show began appearing, “high-end advertisers were banging on our doors” seeking some level of sponsorship. But, he said, Mr. Seinfeld did not want to turn the first season “into something that gets cluttered.”

Mr. Seinfeld said he was taking ideas that held personal interest and adapting them for the Internet. “I thought of all the things I liked,” he said, which included almost anything about cars, talking with other comics, and coffee in its various forms. He put that together with his observation that all around him “people were watching stuff on phones and pads,” and he concluded, “Well, this is stuff I like, and this could be a match.”

Besides, he said, the show might have special appeal for “comedy geeks,” who “were missing a little piece of the puzzle — the kind of idiotic relationships that we have that are a big part of this life.”

Mr. Seinfeld said he never thought of the concept as something for traditional television; he loved the flexibility of the Internet, particularly no fixed duration for any of the episodes. (Each one runs about 11 to 17 minutes, and guests have included his old “Seinfeld” partner Larry David, Ricky Gervais, Alec Baldwin and Mel Brooks.)

Mr. Seinfeld said he took the idea initially to executives at several Internet-based companies, drawing strong interest. “It was just too hard to explain, and they started asking the usual questions, and I started getting that not-good feeling: Oh, I’m back in the old game,” he said. “And I don’t want to play the old game. I played that game. I want to play a new game.”

He turned to Sony because it distributes the repeats of his sitcom, and he had a good relationship with Mr. Mosko. Mr. Seinfeld owns the “Comedians in Cars” show, and Sony will continue to serve as backer and distributor.

Mr. Mosko said the studio was more than pleased with the first season, which he said attracted more than 10 million unique visitors to Crackle. Developing Internet programming is a crucial part of Sony’s future, he said.

“What’s missing in developing programming for the Internet is patience, trying to get it right,” he said. “We’re both looking at this as a long-term investment.”

As for revenue streams, some form of sponsorship is likely to be attached to the new episodes when they start appearing this spring. But only if advertising can be integrated in the right way, Mr. Mosko said, adding, “We know there’s an opportunity there.”

This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:

Correction: January 7, 2013

Because of an editing error, an earlier version of this article provided an incorrect Web address for the comedy site Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. It is comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

good news. quit watching at some point prior to the mel brooks/carl reiner, though i do remember watching the extras to that episode and they were hilarious (didn't involve cars or coffee, just mel brooks giving jerry a bunch of shit for quitting seinfeld nine seasons in. aces). didn't quit for any particular reason just kinda fell of the radar.
but wait the michael richards one was the last one shown? know i saw that one, may have just missed one or two in between then. def didn't see the one w colin quinn. do remember the bob einstein ep being better than most
moved by duck muscles

ric

Post by ric »

@leftbrain
einstein episode was real good but the colin quinn one is pretty good too. i like that jerry and colin go to meet mario joyner at a cafe in brooklyn. its funny and a good setting. einstein is a better guest though. baldwin is my favorite though. even over larry. i dont watch a lot of baldwin stuff but when i see it its fucking mind blowingly good shit. for a long time i thought larrys shit was squarely my #1 brand of humor but i connect more with baldwin in that one comedians/cars/coffee episode more than i do with most larry david shit. any leads on any alec baldwin non-sitcom comedy would be highly highly appreciated (i have seen 30 rock and thought it was surprisingly funny but you know sitcoms are so meh 95% of the time. is it really worth the investment in time?)

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

listen to his episode on loveline also i'm pretty sure he's done adam carollas podcast and howard sterns too, thats where i'd start