The Walking Dead Season 3

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

siLLy KiD

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Post by siLLy KiD »

360 wrote:The question is: Why the fuck was the old man, who is a fucking doctor, picked for the mission.

That's just bad survival sense.

"Hey, let's send the only doctor we have on an extremely deadly mission!"

show can be very bothersome...but seeing zombie heads getting split open and armless zombie gimps on a leash at least halfway make up for it/make it watchable.

Post by 907 »

No thoughts on last night's episode? I thought it was great. Rick taking a blade to the skull of the guy who clearly wanted him dead was some ill shit. Was really hoping Herschel had turned, just so he could bite/ kill Lori. Carl is continuing on his path to not being awful by finding and clearing the med supply room on his own, only to get yelled at in front of the broad he's tryin to smash by his goddamn mom.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Agreed, especially in Lori getting killed. Is Carl even old enough to smash that chick?

Req

Post by Req »

So basically Rick is becoming Shane?
F.U. MOOLAH

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Sorta just less insane

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

Req wrote:So basically Rick is becoming Shane?
Rick already became shane in last season's final ep.

Funny how in last week's 1st ep with Rick hacking Hershel's leg off, they made it seem like they were being chased by a mob of walkers pounding at the door, but when t dog opens the door in this ep. it was just 1 fuckin guard zombie that was bangin the door, chasing them down. :rofl:

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

and with that machete to smarmy razor machismos dome, this show is on the best run of it's life (still not saying a bunch but hey two good/enjoyable eps in a row is enough)
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

alpha wrote:Is Carl even old enough to smash that chick?
seems sketchy, but loved him stomping away when his moms yelled at him in front of that girl
Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:Funny how in last week's 1st ep with Rick hacking Hershel's leg off, they made it seem like they were being chased by a mob of walkers pounding at the door, but when t dog opens the door in this ep. it was just 1 fuckin guard zombie that was bangin the door, chasing them down. :rofl:
ahhha
moved by duck muscles

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:
Funny how in last week's 1st ep with Rick hacking Hershel's leg off, they made it seem like they were being chased by a mob of walkers pounding at the door, but when t dog opens the door in this ep. it was just 1 fuckin guard zombie that was bangin the door, chasing them down. :rofl:

came in here to post that too lol. the fuck? :naswtf: :fail: :arrow:

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

My man Rick. He did 'em dirt.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Question from Ignorance (stopped watching after season 1):

Have you guys grown more attached to the characters/have they gotten better and more interesting over time, or is this show still 38 minutes of silly with four minutes of awesome zombie attack?

The ratings are insane and folks are still following it so I'm assuming it might have gotten better, but I gave up after the erotic shower montage at the end of season 1.

wheels

Post by wheels »

It's as dumb as ever, but now I view it as a hilarious comedy because of Carl, the fact that there's still a character named T-Dog, and apparently we're doing amputations now when people get bitten. Most shows shy away from amputation as subject matter, but the walking dead seems to embrace it.

The current setting is kind of weird and claustrophobic, so that's entertaining. I basically root for people to die.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

I like Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and T-Dog

And the first 2 episodes this season were pretty much all zombie killing

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Truth. wrote:I like Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and T-Dog

I agree with this. Daryl is my favorite, but Rick is getting up there, because he isn't fucking around anymore. I still hate Lori though.

I don't understand why people get all bent out of shape about the writing and complain so much about the show. It is a show about zombies that is based off of a comic book. Why do people keep expecting for it to be something that it ain't. Yeah the show doesn't have the best writing and some of the characters are annoying as shit, but it is an enjoyable show to watch. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

Carl bounding around in that fucking hat throwing tantrums >

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Truth. wrote:I like Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and T-Dog

Word, although I wouldn't really care if T-Dog disappeared.

Rick is not particularly charismatic, but he has a great look about him (*heartthrob*), and he's a bad-ass.

In the end, I'm mostly just drawn to the show because it's some disturbing shit.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

did ya'll hear that ominous voice cooly cooing to the handlebarred one and the black man who won't plead as soon as they locked their own private cell block down? 'buuurn the bodies. booouuuurrrrrrrnnnn the bodieesss'. must have be a loose t-dog in the night
moved by duck muscles

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Random Sample wrote:I don't understand why people get all bent out of shape about the writing and complain so much about the show. It is a show about zombies that is based off of a comic book. Why do people keep expecting for it to be something that it ain't. Yeah the show doesn't have the best writing and some of the characters are annoying as shit, but it is an enjoyable show to watch. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
because its AMC, they are known for their brainy, well written brilliance. Which this is not. Throw it on FX and people are geeked as fuck. Its an expectations vs. delivered results thing.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

LilLeftBrain wrote:booouuuurrrrrrrnnnn the bodieesss

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

ALASKA wrote:
Random Sample wrote:I don't understand why people get all bent out of shape about the writing and complain so much about the show. It is a show about zombies that is based off of a comic book. Why do people keep expecting for it to be something that it ain't. Yeah the show doesn't have the best writing and some of the characters are annoying as shit, but it is an enjoyable show to watch. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
because its AMC, they are known for their brainy, well written brilliance. Which this is not. Throw it on FX and people are geeked as fuck. Its an expectations vs. delivered results thing.
It's the third season. People should know what type of show it is by now and adjust their expectations accordingly.

Then again, I understand the complaints. Season 2 was definitely flawed and deserved criticism.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Psychosis wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
It's the third season. People should know what type of show it is by now and adjust their expectations accordingly.

Then again, I understand the complaints. Season 2 was definitely flawed and deserved criticism.
Shit, season 2 was leaps and bounds better than 1.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

ALASKA wrote:
People complain because the source material is so good, the channel has nothing to do with it imo. The audience actually cares about the characters in the comic book much more than they do on this show. It's really all about what it could be vs. what it actually is.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

PopeyeJones wrote:Question from Ignorance (stopped watching after season 1):

Have you guys grown more attached to the characters/have they gotten better and more interesting over time, or is this show still 38 minutes of silly with four minutes of awesome zombie attack?

The ratings are insane and folks are still following it so I'm assuming it might have gotten better, but I gave up after the erotic shower montage at the end of season 1.
It's still not a great show by any means, but the writing is a LOT better than it was in the first season. There's still the huge problem of caring about these people, but there are a couple interesting characters.

If you like zombie action you might want to give it another shot. This season has moved along quite briskly which is more than we can say for the first two.

Why anyone gives a fuck about T-Dawg is beyond me. He's a Star Trek red shirt dead man walking, and pretty much boring as fuck. It's not the actor's fault though, they've done virtually nothing with him in terms of story contribution. He's muscle and that's it.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

jamrage wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
People complain because the source material is so good, the channel has nothing to do with it imo. The audience actually cares about the characters in the comic book much more than they do on this show. It's really all about what it could be vs. what it actually is.
bro. the vast majority of people have never seen the comic book. the nerds like all of us here have but most people havent, and even people that like the show, still point out the same issues. AMC carries a certain cache with television viewers, they have dropped two of the best shows ever in the past decade, the first two shows they ever did, the bar was set high. the killing and to a much lesser extent the walking dead, failed to live up to those standards. i will concede that perhaps it is the comic book mixed with the networks reputation, but more the latter than the former.

love,
tim

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

jamrage wrote:
Psychosis wrote:
ALASKA wrote:

Shit, season 2 was leaps and bounds better than 1.
overall, season 2 was better than season one, but i'm not sure about "leaps and bounds." there was still terrible acting, a meandering plot in the middle, and some boring ass episodes. season 3 is off to a good start so i'm cautiously optimistic.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

ALASKA wrote:
jamrage wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
bro. the vast majority of people have never seen the comic book. the nerds like all of us here have but most people havent, and even people that like the show, still point out the same issues. AMC carries a certain cache with television viewers, they have dropped two of the best shows ever in the past decade, the first two shows they ever did, the bar was set high. the killing and to a much lesser extent the walking dead, failed to live up to those standards. i will concede that perhaps it is the comic book mixed with the networks reputation, but more the latter than the former.

love,
tim
Yeah, you're right about that, I was making a huge assumption about the audience there that sounds pretty silly when you point it out. That's what I get for posting when I'm tired as fuck.

Don't forget how awful Rubicon was (what up Jayou) too.

The Walking Dead is certainly style over substance which only gets you so far in television. I have a feeling it's always going to be "what could of been" with this show.

yours,
Jam

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

jamrage wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
jamrage wrote:
ALASKA wrote:

love,
tim
Yeah, you're right about that, I was making a huge assumption about the audience there that sounds pretty silly when you point it out. That's what I get for posting when I'm tired as fuck.

Don't forget how awful Rubicon was (what up Jayou) too.

The Walking Dead is certainly style over substance which only gets you so far in television. I have a feeling it's always going to be "what could of been" with this show.

yours,
Jam
you watch your mouth! RUBICON was a gem! a slow moving gem.

It is definitely a what could have been piece, but i dont know how well the books would have translated into numbers. In an ideal world that wouldnt matter, but you know.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Carl is incapable of not being a little faggot. He could kill a million zombies, save the planet and fuck that girla nd her older sister and he'd still be the biggest faggot alive.

Also, the deading of skinny Razor Ramon was kinda ill.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Show just isn't exciting any more to me. Can only kill so many zombies in so many ways and I really don't care for any of the characters at all. With that being said, I will continue to watch every episode that comes on.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Blockhead wrote:Carl is incapable of not being a little faggot. He could kill a million zombies, save the planet and fuck that girla nd her older sister and he'd still be the biggest faggot alive.

Also, the deading of skinny Razor Ramon was kinda ill.
getting that upset over a 12 year old, even a freckle faced asshole of a 12 year old isnt a good look and is offensive to the gheys.