Game Of Thrones S3

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Re: Game Of Thrones S3

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

Confused about a few things thus far. Don't know wtf is goin on with Theon's storyline. Was it his Iron men that massacred everyone at Winterfell at the end of last season or some other group? And who are the new siblings from ep2? They look just like a young Theon & his dyke sis. Is their resemblance supposed to be of some importance? Other than that, Jaime getting his hand chopped was :ohsh: Is he right handed or left handed?

wheels

Post by wheels »

He's right handed

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:Confused about a few things thus far. Don't know wtf is goin on with Theon's storyline. Was it his Iron men that massacred everyone at Winterfell at the end of last season or some other group? And who are the new siblings from ep2? They look just like a young Theon & his dyke sis. Is their resemblance supposed to be of some importance? Other than that, Jaime getting his hand chopped was :ohsh: Is he right handed or left handed?
all you're supposed to know so far about Theon is that he got knocked out by his people in the end of s2, and now wakes up among mysterious captors who are torturing him. the details of how he got there, what actually happened to Winterfell and who his captors are will presumably be filled in later

the new siblings from ep2 are Jojen and Meera Reed, children of one of the Stark's bannermen (he was mentioned in passing before but never shown). they're there to help Bran find the 3-eyed crow, Jojen has 'visions' like Bran does
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

drizzle wrote:
Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude wrote:Confused about a few things thus far. Don't know wtf is goin on with Theon's storyline. Was it his Iron men that massacred everyone at Winterfell at the end of last season or some other group? And who are the new siblings from ep2? They look just like a young Theon & his dyke sis. Is their resemblance supposed to be of some importance? Other than that, Jaime getting his hand chopped was :ohsh: Is he right handed or left handed?
all you're supposed to know so far about Theon is that he got knocked out by his people in the end of s2, and now wakes up among mysterious captors who are torturing him. the details of how he got there, what actually happened to Winterfell and who his captors are will presumably be filled in later

the new siblings from ep2 are Jojen and Meera Reed, children of one of the Stark's bannermen (he was mentioned in passing before but never shown). they're there to help Bran find the 3-eyed crow, Jojen has 'visions' like Bran does
Cool, but what's with their resemblance to Theon & his sis? Just a coincidence or something more there? I can't be the only one that thought it was a young Greyjoy siblings when Jojen & Meera were first introduced

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

pure coincidence of casting

there's plenty about this show to overthink that was put in on purpose, don't waste energy on accidental passing resemblances between actors

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

i feel for the end credits they should have played Deniece Williams all time classic, "let's hear it for the boy"

"let's give the boy a haaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaand"

this is why I need to be a music supervisor.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

siLLy KiD wrote:i feel for the end credits they should have played Deniece Williams all time classic, "let's hear it for the boy"

"let's give the boy a haaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaand"

this is why I need to be a music supervisor.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

So you guys all think khaleesi is just gonna buy the army and then sick em on dude right away and get her dragon back?

alpha

Post by alpha »

Absolutely. The way they set that scene up with the prior scene did it for me. No way she gives up a dragon without a plan.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

alpha wrote:Absolutely. The way they set that scene up with the prior scene did it for me. No way she gives up a dragon without a plan.
especially when she checked mah man from bear island. that shit was hyella hoard. She's turning into one of the best characters on the show even without having to show her tits.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

so many questions about the final scene. was that just about dude getting pissed off at jaime for his privilege and mouthiness and interrupting their rape? or was there something more going on in those interactions? was he actually buying the story about brynne's sapphired homeland or was it a ruse to mess with jaime? if they arent buying the backstory about brynne will the group be distracted enough by dude taking off the kingslayer's right hand or is she still in immediate danger? cant wait for next week

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

also The Great Moving of the Chairs scene was nice and the funeral scene with the arrows at riverrun. so much communicated through facial expressions. these sequences sans dialogue were riveting to me.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

was expecting jaime to get his shit pushed in after the fakeout with theon
would have been more appropriate
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Adam Ferrara wrote:I was so good, I swear to god, the hooker gave the money back.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

djjeffresh wrote:so many questions about the final scene. was that just about dude getting pissed off at jaime for his privilege and mouthiness and interrupting their rape? or was there something more going on in those interactions? was he actually buying the story about brynne's sapphired homeland or was it a ruse to mess with jaime? if they arent buying the backstory about brynne will the group be distracted enough by dude taking off the kingslayer's right hand or is she still in immediate danger? cant wait for next week
I never read the books.

I get the feeling the stuff about Brienne is true but she's like the opposite of Tyrion but just as much of an outcast.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

This explains Brianne's position, it's not a spoiler and will likely never come up again in the show except maybe to confirm what I write. i'll put it in spoiler space because mofos get touchy
The place where she's from is called Sapphire Isle because of the blue water surrounding it. The story Jaime told about her being worth a lot of money is false, she is a daughter of a lord but their family is not that baller. Their captives do actually believe it however, because they're a bunch of dumb uneducated goons. In the book this plays out better, because Jaime tells the story to the actual would-be rapists, and not their captain like in the show.

Brieanne is indeed something of an outcast because she's a butt ugly giant chick who also might be the best swordsman around. But her family doesn't hate her in the same way Tyrion's does, she mostly gets shit from random dudes who think a woman shouldn't play with swords.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

They better not fall in love!

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

wow

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Great, great episode. I have totally lost track of what the fuck is happening with Theon.

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

PopeyeJones wrote:Great, great episode. I have totally lost track of what the fuck is happening with Theon.
I don't get it either. The torturer frees him, watches him come dangerously close to getting butt raped before intervening and killing what appeared to be stark men, and then sneaks him back into the torture chamber? :naswtf:

Post by 907 »

Danerias Targarian is the best character on this show, it is known.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

I thought last night's ep was the most interesting thus far. Things are heating up.

The scene with the Spider, Tyrion and the box was pretty excellent.

Margarie, Joff Dog, and Skeletor Grandma were all pretty good too.

Tywin/Cerxcie convo...as good as the one with Tyrion a couple weeks back.

Theon...cannot wait to whatever the hell is going on there is revealed.

Anyway, yeah...great ep.

Side note: Any of yall watch this on HBO Go? If so were yall having any loading probs near the last 10 mins of the ep last night?

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Joffrey is about to get pussywhipped and then :copy: .
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

ardamus wrote:Joffrey is about to get pussywhipped and then :copy: .
Yeah, the scene in which he turns on her and we see that he's not as easily manipulated as it now seems is gonna be a fucking killer. (have to assume this happens at some point, it just makes too much sense with the way they're setting it up).

Didn't realize I'm supposed to be confused about Theon; I thought I was just fucking up, but even with that confusion I think I'm still fucking up.

Theon was in Place A being held by People A, and Dude X helps him escape.

Then in the woods People A or B try to capture him, and Dude X helps him again and tells Theon he's taking him to his sister.

Instead he takes him back to Place A, or is it Place C?

It looked like Place A and People A, but if that's right, why the fuck did Dude X help him escape in the first place? Or maybe Dude X who helped him the first time is different than Dude Y who helped him in the woods and brought him back to Place A?

I know I'm getting something wrong here.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

PopeyeJones wrote: Didn't realize I'm supposed to be confused about Theon; I thought I was just fucking up, but even with that confusion I think I'm still fucking up.

Theon was in Place A being held by People A, and Dude X helps him escape.

Then in the woods People A or B try to capture him, and Dude X helps him again and tells Theon he's taking him to his sister.

Instead he takes him back to Place A, or is it Place C?

It looked like Place A and People A, but if that's right, why the fuck did Dude X help him escape in the first place? Or maybe Dude X who helped him the first time is different than Dude Y who helped him in the woods and brought him back to Place A?

I know I'm getting something wrong here.
Dude X helps Theon escape from place A, saves him in the woods, then brings him back to Place A or some other locations that serves the exact same purpose as Place A. It has not been explained why as of yet. They're kinda underselling this part so far.

Incidentally....

(BIG BOOK SPOILER)
I'm wondering if they're purposefully holding back on revealing Ramsey as Bolton's bastard so there's absolutely no hint at Bolton's eventual betrayal. That was one thing that kinda ruined the RW surprise in the books, Ramsey's storyline in book 2 made me suspect Bolton all through book 3.

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Pretty sure they took Theon back to his original torture chamber.

I too am totally unsure what the fuck is going on with his story. I think it's the only place where the show has really dropped the ball. Even if it's supposed to be confusing or a mystery, they set it up so poorly I don't even have enough information to care.

In general, the show is not so great at giving the audience the storylines we care about. Everyone I know wants Daenerys/Dragons, intrigue at King's Landing, and little bit of Aria and Rob Stark. Instead, it seems like half of every show takes place at (or north) of the wall -- which has been straight ZZZZ -- or in with the crippled stark who has weird dreams.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

drizzle wrote: Dude X helps Theon escape from place A, saves him in the woods, then brings him back to Place A or some other locations that serves the exact same purpose as Place A. It has not been explained why as of yet. They're kinda underselling this part so far.

Incidentally....

(BIG BOOK SPOILER)
Thanks. That's all I need to know for now. Will come back and check the spoiler if the show ends up dropping the ball on what's going on with all this (seems like they've been pretty good at not doing that so far, at least from a non-book reading POV).

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

So I may have been wrong about Dany

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

One interesting thing to keep in mind about Theon's fake rescue... he did confess to faking Bran and Rickon's deaths while at it, which is something nobody else knew aside from his right hand man from S2