Hannibal (NBC)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

PopeyeJones

Re: Hannibal (NBC)

Post by PopeyeJones »

ALASKA wrote: I was on the fence about the show already, I found it kind of boring, pretty to look at but boring. With this I decided to bounce. Sepinwall said that there were a lot of plot points for future episodes laid out in ep. 4, which sucks, because NBC just cant get out of its own way. But with an important episode missing I feel like there is really no point sticking around. maybe revisit it when it lands on netflix in a few years.
Not that it influences your decision to stay or leave, but they're streaming the episode with a couple scenes deleted on their website so that folks who care can transition smoothly into this next week.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

PopeyeJones wrote:
ALASKA wrote: I was on the fence about the show already, I found it kind of boring, pretty to look at but boring. With this I decided to bounce. Sepinwall said that there were a lot of plot points for future episodes laid out in ep. 4, which sucks, because NBC just cant get out of its own way. But with an important episode missing I feel like there is really no point sticking around. maybe revisit it when it lands on netflix in a few years.
Not that it influences your decision to stay or leave, but they're streaming the episode with a couple scenes deleted on their website so that folks who care can transition smoothly into this next week.
thanks for the heads up. I already deleted the third episode. It's one of those shows that, if it comes out years later it is a classic, I will catch up on. Right now I just dont have time and see it stacking up and taking up space in my dvr.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

^^^^ word. And although I'm enjoying it so far, you're right on IMO about it being pretty to look at probably being its strongest quality at this point (that and the actor who plays Hannibal, for me at least)

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

PopeyeJones wrote:^^^^ word. And although I'm enjoying it so far, you're right on IMO about it being pretty to look at probably being its strongest quality at this point (that and the actor who plays Hannibal, for me at least)
I find the bates motel to be a more interesting show. I dont know if its better, just more interesting. I think they nailed the kid playing norman and the supporting cast is pretty solid as well. plus as we learned from dids objections to the killing, it doesnt rain THAT much in the pacific northwest and the rain fall on the bates motel is much more accurate. Really its more of a constant mist than a downpour bro.

jay

Post by jay »

PopeyeJones wrote:
Looks like they have pulled it from the website too as i looked and don't see it anywhere... Am i missing it or SOL?

Dan

Post by Dan »

jay wrote:
PopeyeJones wrote:
Looks like they have pulled it from the website too as i looked and don't see it anywhere... Am i missing it or SOL?
Were they up already? I read that NBC won't be posting them until today or tomorrow.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Dan wrote:
jay wrote:
PopeyeJones wrote:
Were they up already? I read that NBC won't be posting them until today or tomorrow.
Read that too.

jay

Post by jay »

Makes sense - thanks for the heads up

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

haven't watched yet. But apparently this all of the edited/abridged version of season 4. That's a real pussy move from NBC for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UmTxgb9 ... kDZe0Nr-XH

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Producer in the first one says it's airing in its entirety outside of the U.S., meaning that shit will get uploaded with the quickness.

Fuck, most of the TV show uploads people in the US end up watching come from Nova Scotia because they get shit an hour before folks on the East Coast get it.

Fuck the webisodes. Will come back with a link for the full ep when I see one.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

PopeyeJones wrote:Producer in the first one says it's airing in its entirety outside of the U.S., meaning that shit will get uploaded with the quickness.

Fuck, most of the TV show uploads people in the US end up watching come from Nova Scotia because they get shit an hour before folks on the East Coast get it.

Fuck the webisodes. Will come back with a link for the full ep when I see one.
That's what i'm going to do. I'm going to download it and hold off watching this weeks episode.

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

anyone have a lead on ep 4 they'd care to share? I have a link for 5 if anyone needs it

Dan

Post by Dan »

I've been looking all day. All I'm finding are web series links.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

it's not out yet. It was supposed to show in Asian countries with English speaking markets tonight. So it should be out tomorrow.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

how much of a sucker am i that i thought hannibal burress was getting a pilot picked up or something

fml
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

:fail:

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

The entire uncut episode 4 is out now on bootleg spots.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Reason wrote:how much of a sucker am i that i thought hannibal burress was getting a pilot picked up or something

fml

Not a sucker. Burress has a pilot. 30 min cop comedy or something, iirc.

Word is john mulaney's pilot with martin short and Chelsea peretti is good too.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

PopeyeJones wrote:
Reason wrote:how much of a sucker am i that i thought hannibal burress was getting a pilot picked up or something

fml

Not a sucker. Burress has a pilot. 30 min cop comedy or something, iirc.

Word is john mulaney's pilot with martin short and Chelsea peretti is good too.
oh shiiiiiit nice. i find mulaney kinda boring sometimes but i could see him doing fine in sitcom setting. GO BURRESS DON'T SHOOT URSELF
Nets 2022

Dan

Post by Dan »

Just watched episode 4. The first one I downloaded was labeled as "unaired in the US" but about 10 minutes in I recognized a scene that was in the preview from last week. I checked the latest episode on my DVR and sure enough I had downloaded episode 5.

So, if you downloaded episode 4 and you see a guy scooping ice at the beginning, you've downloaded the wrong one.
Pretty sure the only episode 4's out there are from a Korean source, at least that's all I could find. No big deal, the Korean subtitles didn't bother me.

As for the episode, I really didn't see the need for dropping it. It wasn't any more violent than any of the previous ones.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

game just got real

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

last night's episode was the shit. Best ep yet i think. I thought he killed the girl at the end but she must have lived and just gotten choked out since she made that phone call they kept playing.

This is definitely one of those shows where i'm rooting for the villain.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Just got to the episode with the dead mushroom buried people. I was disgusted and entertained at the same time.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Great episode, I love that there was more focus on Lecter this week. The cinematography is amazing, especially during the unsettling food preparation/cooking scenes.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

This ep was by far the best. Lots of Hannibal. When fat boy touched his leg i therapy he hit him with that :larry: look. I can't wait for next week. The preview looks crazy. Plus Jack seemed to realize something about Hannibal in this episode. I wonder how they'll pace the show.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

yea. jack obviously has stronger suspicions of hannibal after the surgery in the ambulance & the dinner party prep

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Damn, the ratings aren't improving. I hope this doesn't get cancelled.

This is why I try not to get invested in shows until the second season.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

All caught up. Hannibal is a boss. Asian chick wants to let Will beat it up.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Dan

Post by Dan »

The series finale for The Office is 75 minutes which means Hannibal starts 15 minutes later but still ending at its normal time. Without commercials the show would be about 43 minutes long. So, does this mean tonight's episode will only have one commercial break OR will scenes be cut to fit in the timeslot? I haven't found the answer. This might be one of those episodes that you may want to wait for an international torrent of or hope that NBC plays it in its entirety online.

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Dan wrote:The series finale for The Office is 75 minutes which means Hannibal starts 15 minutes later but still ending at its normal time. Without commercials the show would be about 43 minutes long. So, does this mean tonight's episode will only have one commercial break OR will scenes be cut to fit in the timeslot? I haven't found the answer. This might be one of those episodes that you may want to wait for an international torrent of or hope that NBC plays it in its entirety online.
It was advertised last week as a special limited commercial interruptions episode at the end of last weeks show.