Oldboy (Dir Spike Lee) TRAILER

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Apparently he's bringing Mookie back, highly doubt it's for this Old Boy remake though.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Smooth Lou wrote:
siLLy KiD wrote:Image
:lol:

It sucks because, according to Spike Lee, he has wanted to make two different biopics including one on James Brown for the past three years and the studios just wouldn't cough up the cash. Remakes run the world these days, it seems.

Seriously...wtf ever happened to original awesome material. Like Explorers, or Legend, or Flight of the Navigator? It's fucking bullshit, if they're gonna just do remakes, at least do freaking Thunder Cats already!!!!

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

:ohsh:
After years of playing Batman and other heroes, the original American Psycho, Christian Bale, could be looking to let a little evil back into his career. Read on for the first details.

According to Variety Bale is waiting for The Dark Knight Rises to wrap before picking his next project, which includes a possible stint as the main villain in Spike Lee's adaptation of the Korean thriller Oldboy.

Oldboy tells the story of a man who is kidnapped and imprisoned on his daughterג€™s birthday. For fifteen years he is held captive and, upon his release, must begin his journey to find the reason for his imprisonment. He soon finds out that his kidnapper has plans for him more tortuous than his solitary confinement.

The original film, released in 2003 and directed by Chan-wook Park, won the Grand Prize Jury Award at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

oldboy spoilers:

i can't imagine spielberg doing a movie which involves daughter fucking. wonder what he'll do with that
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

hustler

Post by hustler »

FUCK. :puke:
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

They'll take the basic concept of a man being confined without knowing why and then run with that, making it whimsical and cute. The end will include tender embraces and faces full of pathos... maybe a teardrop and a life-affirming glance at the setting sun.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Think we've already established here that Spike Lee is directing this, so I'm posting this.
WILL CHRISTIAN BALE PLAY THE VILLAIN IN SPIKE LEE'S OLDBOY?

Could Christian Bale be playing the villain in Spike Lee's Oldboy? According to Variety that could very well happen. With Bale now hard at work on his third and final Batman film for Christopher Nolan the big players are lining up hoping to secure his services once that picture wraps. Some of the projects - such as Darren Aronofsky's Noah - have been circulating with Bale linked to them for some time now but there are some fascinating new titles in there, too.

Titles such as Michael Mann's Gold - produced but not written by Paul Haggis - Clint Eastwood's A Star Is Born, and - yes - Spike Lee's upcoming remake of Oldboy.

Now, it must be noted right up front that Bale has committed to precisely none of these - at least not publicly, though Noah seems pretty likely - and none may come through but the fact that his name is out there on them all does provide a bit of a glimpse into the thinking of the producers of each.

And, really, it's hard to come up with a name better than Bale for Oldboy. He possesses the smooth charm and simmering intensity that the role requires. Even his Terminator era real life bursts of temper would feed the image needed for the part. I like this. I like this a lot. If not Bale I would hope for maybe a Tom Hardy but beyond that the list gets thin fairly quickly.

So let's assume this is correct and happens. If we've got Bale in there who do people like as the lead? Me, I'm pulling for Josh Brolin or Idris Elba.
http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/08/will ... rything%29

hustler

Post by hustler »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:They'll take the basic concept of a man being confined without knowing why and then run with that, making it whimsical and cute. The end will include tender embraces and faces full of pathos... maybe a teardrop and a life-affirming glance at the setting sun.

:puke: :puke:

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

there's no way spike makes this cute and cuddly.

if anything, there will be poorly hidden metaphors about how the jews are screwing over black people.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Gregg Popabitch wrote: if anything, there will be poorly hidden metaphors about how the jews are screwing over black people.
clearly they're doing it with poorly/lazily written 3rd act devices like hypnosis
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

CONFIRMED: JOSH BROLIN IS SPIKE LEE'S OLDBOY

Spike Lee and Mandate Pictures got their man for the upcoming remake of Park Chan-Wook's Oldboy.

Twitch was the first to report in July that Josh Brolin was the top selection to fill the lead part in the long gestating US remake of the cult hit Korean thriller - itself based on a Japanese manga - and now Deadline have confirmed that Brolin has indeed signed on to play the part. Plans right now are for the film to roll after Brolin has completed work on Ruben Fleischer's The Gangster Squad.

With Brolin now firmly on board the question becomes whether Mandate can succeed in also landing Christian Bale, who has been reported as their top choice to fill the villain role. And if they do? Brolin, Bale and Spike Lee is a combination I'd feel pretty damn good about.
http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/08/conf ... rything%29

alpha

Post by alpha »

Spartan wrote:
CONFIRMED: JOSH BROLIN IS SPIKE LEE'S OLDBOY

Spike Lee and Mandate Pictures got their man for the upcoming remake of Park Chan-Wook's Oldboy.

Twitch was the first to report in July that Josh Brolin was the top selection to fill the lead part in the long gestating US remake of the cult hit Korean thriller - itself based on a Japanese manga - and now Deadline have confirmed that Brolin has indeed signed on to play the part. Plans right now are for the film to roll after Brolin has completed work on Ruben Fleischer's The Gangster Squad.

With Brolin now firmly on board the question becomes whether Mandate can succeed in also landing Christian Bale, who has been reported as their top choice to fill the villain role. And if they do? Brolin, Bale and Spike Lee is a combination I'd feel pretty damn good about.
http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/08/conf ... rything%29
think they leave in the tongue cutting?

Panama

Post by Panama »

So their really going through with this...huh

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Mr Darcy's revenge?
Colin Firth Ready to Spread Torment in Oldboy Remake?

A bit of possible casting news is coming in for Spike Lee's American redux of the Korean modern classic Oldboy. Colin Firth just may be in line to cause star Josh Brolin some extreme misery. Read on for details.

According to Twitch an offer is out to Firth (pictured right) for the part of Adrian, which means that - should he accept - he will be stepping into the villain role opposite Josh Brolin.

The script for Oldboy was adapted by Mark Protosevich, who will co-produce. Roy Lee and Doug Davison will produce via Vertigo Entertainment with Leeג€™s 40 Acres & A Mule. Mandate president Nathan Kahane will executive produce.

Originally DreamWorks was looking to pick up remake rights from Chan-Wook Park's original film in 2008, with the idea that Steven Spielberg would direct Will Smith. The story centers on a man who is kidnapped on his daughterג€™s birthday and held for 15 years in solitary confinement without explanation. He is eventually released and sets out on a path to take revenge on those who destroyed his life.

More as it comes!

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

should've been christian bale.

Truth.

Re: Spike Lee to direct Oldboy remake

Post by Truth. »

OLDBOY follows the story of an advertising executive (Josh Brolin) who is kidnapped and held hostage for 20 years in solitary confinement without any indication of his captor’s motive. When he is inexplicably released, he embarks on an obsessive mission to discover who orchestrated his bizarre and torturous punishment only to find he is still trapped in a web of conspiracy and torment. His quest for revenge leads him into an ill-fated relationship with a young social worker (Elizabeth Olsen) and ultimately to an illusive man (Sharlto Copley) who allegedly holds the key to his salvation.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I dont really like the idea they're remaking this, but the cast looks good.

Req

Post by Req »

Spike Lee's twitter says this is in post-prod already.
F.U. MOOLAH

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

glad bale is not wasting his time on this

now that batman is over he needs to go back to acting
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

moved by duck muscles

hustler

Post by hustler »

:fail:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

oh for fucks sake he's not supposed to look all cool and slick as he's getting out of the suitcase he just spent decades in captivity
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

didn't they clean Oh Dae-su up when they released him?

poster would work better without brolin on it

Loki

Post by Loki »

poster is appalling

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

That poster is hilarious.

Panama

Post by Panama »

I’ll reserve judgment until I see a trailer

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

wait- that poster is REAL? lol

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

trailers tommorers
moved by duck muscles

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

i blame all of you dipshits who only go to comic book movies for why they decided that would be a good poster concept