Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Re: Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Post by 360 »

Too much Lydia hate in this thread for my liking. Lydia is a goddess of illegality. She could provide for me any day and every day.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

sky no longer shows any of the goods, for by all that has happened she has now....changed
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

indeed. i'm down with lydia and todd running da biz from some place tropical when things all wrap up. him with his bubble tea, her with a baby on board
moved by duck muscles

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I think Walt and Lydia work together to eliminate the Nazi and their shitty meth. He sells her on some he'll cook for her shit. I also think people are dismissing this theory that Walt doesn't care about that money. Do you think he rather leave it to this family or those Jew haters? His ego can't allow him to lose that fight. There is a reason Saul is involved in the final 2 shows.

hustler

Post by hustler »

lydia is sexy lil cockroach, but shes scum and needs to die.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

360 wrote:Too much Lydia hate in this thread for my liking. Lydia is a goddess of illegality. She could provide for me any day and every day.
Knowledge Born, you disappoint me gawd.
I know that deer in headlights act isn't fooling you, she tried to get Mike killed!
Lest any of you forget that Mike Mike was the Stringer Bell of this shit, and he will be remembered long after the rest of these amateurs are forgotten.
Fuck Saul, Mike should've had the spinoff show.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Philaflava wrote:I think Walt and Lydia work together to eliminate the Nazi and their shitty meth. He sells her on some he'll cook for her shit. I also think people are dismissing this theory that Walt doesn't care about that money. Do you think he rather leave it to this family or those Jew haters? His ego can't allow him to lose that fight. There is a reason Saul is involved in the final 2 shows.
Nazis have shitty meth? Jesse is now cooking for them.

an-also

Post by an-also »

tehgiftofgab wrote:My friend sent this quote to me I think it's just someone's opinion but I really like it.. "One thing Walt's proven time and time again is that he always has a plan, and we're usually kept in the dark about it until the reveal. It turning out he knows Gus plans to kill him in S3 and that he has already made a plan to guarantee their survival (killing Gail,) or the Lily of the Valley with Brock to get Jesse on his side.

Even when he was lying down in the dirt crying he had to have been thinking of some way to get back at the Nazis and reclaim his empire. I think Jesse is a major part of that. Walt knows they've been having trouble with meth purity (he was supposed to help the Nazis cook after the hit job was done) and he knows that if the Nazis took Jesse, the only other person who can cook Heisenberg quality meth, they wouldn't kill him. Maybe they'd torture him, but they'd need him to cook meth.

Walt gave Jesse to them to get a man inside, even if Jesse didn't know he's that man. Walt told Jesse he killed Jane to give him something to live for and keep fighting for survival/not commit suicide; Jesse must want nothing more than to one day have a chance to kill Walt, more than ever before.

His returning in the flash-forwards is him beginning to carry out that plan. Walt's not a soldier, he can't take on a battalion of Neo-Nazis with combat experience by himself. But he is smarter than all of them put together, and as he's always done that's how he's going to win. And when his plan's revealed it'll have been so foreshadowed throughout the entire season that we'll be kicking ourselves for not fully figuring it out."
Walt gave the nazi uncle the go ahead to shoot jessie in the head. No way he knew Todd would try to save him.

A lot of these theories are going all :thebest:

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

tehgiftofgab wrote:My friend sent this quote to me I think it's just someone's opinion but I really like it.. "One thing Walt's proven time and time again is that he always has a plan, and we're usually kept in the dark about it until the reveal. It turning out he knows Gus plans to kill him in S3 and that he has already made a plan to guarantee their survival (killing Gail,) or the Lily of the Valley with Brock to get Jesse on his side.

Even when he was lying down in the dirt crying he had to have been thinking of some way to get back at the Nazis and reclaim his empire. I think Jesse is a major part of that. Walt knows they've been having trouble with meth purity (he was supposed to help the Nazis cook after the hit job was done) and he knows that if the Nazis took Jesse, the only other person who can cook Heisenberg quality meth, they wouldn't kill him. Maybe they'd torture him, but they'd need him to cook meth.

Walt gave Jesse to them to get a man inside, even if Jesse didn't know he's that man. Walt told Jesse he killed Jane to give him something to live for and keep fighting for survival/not commit suicide; Jesse must want nothing more than to one day have a chance to kill Walt, more than ever before.

His returning in the flash-forwards is him beginning to carry out that plan. Walt's not a soldier, he can't take on a battalion of Neo-Nazis with combat experience by himself. But he is smarter than all of them put together, and as he's always done that's how he's going to win. And when his plan's revealed it'll have been so foreshadowed throughout the entire season that we'll be kicking ourselves for not fully figuring it out."
I think Walt blames Jesse more than the Nazis for what happened. If Jesse hadn't gone rat Hank would still be alive. Despite Walt's pleading for Hank, even he likely understood intellectually that Hank had to die given the scenario.

Tehgiftofgab's theory is garbage in my opinion. It relies on far too many assumptions. The Nazis were going to kill Jesse right there with Walt's blessing until Todd stepped up and halted things. Walt didn't know that was going to happen. The Nazis just made 70 million dollars. Wasn't there a good chance that Todd and fam just might stop cooking and retire or whatever? Jesse is also a witness to their crime, and is the only "innocent" person that can tie them to the murders. They've got just as much info. on Walt as he does on them, so he's no real threat of turning on them.

If Walt were to turn them in it would be mutually assured destruction.

Teenage Moustache's theory is more plausible, but if they did circle back and saw the cops they likely wouldn't wait for months before acting. They'd find out very quickly if Walt was ratting them out or not because they'd know cops were looking for them. The cops would stay around Skyler and fam for a long time as well, so getting to them would be very difficult.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

:lol: :lol: Great minds...

hustler

Post by hustler »

yeah walt had no grandmaster plan with jesse, this was not some trick to get a man on the inside. he gave the go-ahead to have jesse popped right then and there.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

the idea that walt wouldnt need the gun to kill jesse is nice on the surface, but if jesse is with jack and landry, he is going to have to go through them to get to him. so he may need said gun.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Been reading a bunch of reviews around the internet, and I'm flabbergasted at how many of these so-called professional TV critics completely missed the point of Walt's vitriolic phone call to Skyler. Motherfuckers don't know how to watch TV.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

walt is on a suicide mission to avenge hank's death and fucking up the plan he had for his family.
even if hank had arrested him, he coulda copped to skylar never knowing anything and his family would have been taken care of by hank.
the nazis killing hank completely fucked his family.
i want to think walt told jesse about the chick as a confession of his sins.
ricin is for himself. how can he face his family now? all the looks of terror on their faces at the house finally reflected to him the monster he has become.
i doubt jesse goes crazy and kills anyone.
but who knows what these muthafuckers will throw out there. another plane might fall out of the sky.

Verge

Post by Verge »

i still have a problem with the nazis letting Walt live in that scene. Walt witnessed them murder 2 cops and acted all personally offended and devastated after Hank got killed. Then they're robbing him for 70 out of 80 million dollars. They don't NEED him for anything. They let Jesse live for now to cook for them. So really, why would any organized group of gangsters and killers just let this guy go?
Because fucking Todd would have been mad at his uncle? Please, all his uncle would have to do is state the obvious facts and tell him sorry but no way can we let this guy live in this particular circumstance or it will risk us all being lifers. Or worse, since we (the nazis and todd) know this guy is a mastermind, we know if we let him go he's gonna come back and hurt us in the worst way one day.

So are we just to think that it was a situation where the nazis simply made an epic human error by letting him live? I didn't believe this before this episode, but now there's no doubt to me that he's coming back for the nazis, or at least they will be a part of why he comes back. No way can he let these cats just up and rob 85% of what he worked for, killed for, hurt for, destroyed his family for. No sir, not happenin. Walt might not get all that cash back but he will make these mugs pay for that shit, no way he goes out without at least trying to handle them nazis is all im sayin.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Verge wrote:i still have a problem with the nazis letting Walt live in that scene. Walt witnessed them murder 2 cops and acted all personally offended and devastated after Hank got killed. Then they're robbing him for 70 out of 80 million dollars. They don't NEED him for anything. They let Jesse live for now to cook for them. So really, why would any organized group of gangsters and killers just let this guy go?
yeah... my disbelief was broken, I know Walt is the main, but that is hard to buy

despite my thirst for all this
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Post by 360 »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
360 wrote:Too much Lydia hate in this thread for my liking. Lydia is a goddess of illegality. She could provide for me any day and every day.
Knowledge Born, you disappoint me gawd.
I know that deer in headlights act isn't fooling you, she tried to get Mike killed!
Lest any of you forget that Mike Mike was the Stringer Bell of this shit, and he will be remembered long after the rest of these amateurs are forgotten.
Fuck Saul, Mike should've had the spinoff show.

Nah, it doesn't fool me. She just maintains it to seem ethereal. I love it. Having a bunch of dudes killed and then covering your eyes as you walk through the bodies is some good girl in public, freak in the bedroom shit.

step one

Post by step one »

Jessie to either blow up the meth lab on some suicide bomber thing or at least strangle someone using that chain he's attached to?
Remember the scene 2 episodes ago where Meth Damon and Uncle Bob are analyzing the colour of the meth? Meth Damon says "You know, Mr White says these fumes aren't safe to breathe" to which Uncle Bob replies
"I'll worry about what I breathe"

Clearly setting up Jesse making a meth bomb imo.

It would fit perfectly into the writing. Characters copying other characters traits e.g Walt copying Gus and Mike's actions/dialogue etc.. Walt made a 'meth bomb' to kill crazy 8 right at the start in episode 2 or 3. It would be very fitting for Jesse to use a 'Mr White' technique to get him out of his predicament.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

I am just playing devil's advocate here, but why is everyone so geeked on jesse like he is some good dude, just because compared to the king of evil he doesnt look as evil? dude still helped build a meth empire, killed people, is a junkie, etc, but just because he stares out blankly and cries a lot he is a moral compass?

Ps. I love Jesse.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Verge wrote:i still have a problem with the nazis letting Walt live in that scene. Walt witnessed them murder 2 cops and acted all personally offended and devastated after Hank got killed. Then they're robbing him for 70 out of 80 million dollars. They don't NEED him for anything. They let Jesse live for now to cook for them. So really, why would any organized group of gangsters and killers just let this guy go?
Because fucking Todd would have been mad at his uncle? Please, all his uncle would have to do is state the obvious facts and tell him sorry but no way can we let this guy live in this particular circumstance or it will risk us all being lifers. Or worse, since we (the nazis and todd) know this guy is a mastermind, we know if we let him go he's gonna come back and hurt us in the worst way one day.

So are we just to think that it was a situation where the nazis simply made an epic human error by letting him live? I didn't believe this before this episode, but now there's no doubt to me that he's coming back for the nazis, or at least they will be a part of why he comes back. No way can he let these cats just up and rob 85% of what he worked for, killed for, hurt for, destroyed his family for. No sir, not happenin. Walt might not get all that cash back but he will make these mugs pay for that shit, no way he goes out without at least trying to handle them nazis is all im sayin.
you're a 100% correct but this is simply a case of dodgy writing in service of moving the plot along

I've actually been thinking how it would've been an amazingly bleak ending for the series for him to get killed right there by Jack tying up loose ends. Think about it - Walt's whole world implodes, buckles under the weight of schemes he himself put in motion, and he is ignominiously executed by people he considered as mere pawns who are beneath him. And the family doesn't even get any of the money. Meanwhile, the confusion with Skyler/Marie still leads to Walt Jr finding out and the cops getting called in, exposing Walt publicly and deepening his failure even further. Obviously none of that is possible because of the flash forward, but as a 'tragic ending that punishes the villain' it's pretty neat.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

an-also

Post by an-also »

step one wrote:Jessie to either blow up the meth lab on some suicide bomber thing or at least strangle someone using that chain he's attached to?
I'm pretty sure Jessie has no idea how to build a bomb. All he knows is to cook meth because he knows Walt's process.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

A theory going around that I really like is that Walt will go after the nazis for whatever reason, without realizing that Jesse is still alive. Then Jesse somehow takes him unawares at the compound and kills him.

step one

Post by step one »

A scenario where Walt goes in to save Jessie and/or to get the Nazis and Jessie mistakenly (?) thinks he's come to kill him so kills him first is a possibility.

That photo of Brock in the meth lab suggests he can still come into play aswell.

Nazi's bring Brock and his mother to the lab and Brock ends up taking out everyone and escaping to Mexico to become the next Gus?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

drizzle wrote:

drizzle wrote:you're a 100% correct but this is simply a case of dodgy writing in service of moving the plot along
They let him go because, like them, he's a killer with everything to lose by going to the cops so that won't happen. Walt could never get immunity for the things he's done, and the Nazis know this.

Walt isn't a physical threat to them in their eyes, he's just one guy, and they've got all the firepower they need despite Todd and his pew pew gun. The Nazis know that Walt couldn't have done a lot of the shit he did without them.

It's obvious that the leader of the Nazis respects Walt, or at least their business relationship. That's why he leaves the last barrel for Walt. I think the conversation he had with Walt in the desert when he asked if Walt was going to be a problem in the future does make them letting Walt live easier to swallow.

Also, the Nazis aren't exactly the smartest guys in the world.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

drizzle wrote:A theory going around that I really like is that Walt will go after the nazis for whatever reason, without realizing that Jesse is still alive. Then Jesse somehow takes him unawares at the compound and kills him.
I like this quite a bit, or a scenario where Walt stumbles upon and kills a raving Jesse then uses the Ricin on himself.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

re: jamrage

I don't think the bad idea (in letting Walt live) is in the possibility of Walt snitching for immunity as much as leaving alive a guy who has a reputation as something of a psycho genius, who outwitted a notorious drug lord, who's close family member they just killed and who's money they just stole (mostly). The chances of all this coming back on them seem pretty strong, strong enough to outweigh Todd's butthurt feelings about his idol dying. Also strong enough to not pay 11 mil to find out how much Walt values a handshake.

But if they are worried about him snitching, the barrel may have also been at least partly an insurance policy (as much as a token of respect or a consolation prize). By accepting that money, Walt becomes complicit in Hank's murder. He no longer has the option to say 'look ok I was meth cook but I didn't kill anybody, these guys just showed up and killed Hank and Gomie'

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

all homo but i just want jesse to come out on top :owens:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Enjoying these theories. Personally, I see Walt having two possible endings.

One a'la Vic Mackey. The other, Jesse has the final word and kills Walt. Without a doubt, the Nazi are going to die regardless.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

what about marie killing walt?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

That would be great, but not as rewarding as Jesse, at least for the fans. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see Marie again.