Game Of Thrones S5

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Ramen

Re: Game Of Thrones S5

Post by Ramen »

Wait how did dude go out like a bitch pretty sure he saved worms life.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Interesting idea going around that the dudes they were fighting weren't some random rabble but actually the pit fighters who Daani put out of business
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Guun

Post by Guun »

They could have also done better making it apparent that they were directed to that small alley to be ambushed and didn't stand a chance, rather than making the unsullied look like average at best fighters. The same chick who held the dude who got his throat slit a few weeks ago was the same one that pointed at the alley for them to go into.

Post by 907 »

Ramen wrote:Wait how did dude go out like a bitch pretty sure he saved worms life.

I meant the fact that the best swordsman in Westros history got beat by civilians in eyes wide shut masks. If they're supposed to be ex pit fighters its a little better, but the GOAT should still be able to handle them. When he threw down his sword after being forcefully retired from the Kingsguard he said that he could still take every one of them out if he wanted, even though he's old as fuck, and dudes looked like they didn't want it with him at all.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

I forget, does everyone still think bran and rickon are dead from when theon 'murked em'?
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

no, theon/reek revealed that to yung bolton and he had him tell roose again. Roose set his hunters after the kids. no one else knows they arent dead at this point.

binary

Post by binary »

drizzle wrote: Feels like the show is slipping tbh.
It kind of does; this latest ep felt like Spartacus or some shit.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

drizzle wrote:Interesting idea going around that the dudes they were fighting weren't some random rabble but actually the pit fighters who Daani put out of business
logical. the mystery is effective imo. the masks are super creepy. i'm expecting a solid payoff to this storyline and it better involve imps + dragons.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

chapter thrive wrote: Roose set his hunters after the kids.
And that dude died like 1 ep later (shame cause he was dope).

There's a point later on where Roose says something about how it doesn't really matter anymore since they're probably dead.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

ahh i dont remember that scene. I keep watching while doing paperwork.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

It was the guy with the goatee who cut j.lannister's jerkin hand off. He joined nights watch to get to j.sno but got merked by the mutineers in castor's keep.
1. Nas
2. Drake

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

ahh thats right dude hodor ripped in half.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

O shit yeah he got hodor'd. Very appropriate. Forgot about that.
1. Nas
2. Drake

zappy

Post by zappy »

all i know about game of thrones: blonds=incest

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

dat fight scene at the end was enough to get me reengaged to the show. they almost lost me, tho
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

capable_keL wrote:dat fight scene at the end was enough to get me reengaged to the show. they almost lost me, tho
werd some ppl acting like fight scenes=trash tv. political intrigue needs a payoff eventually.
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

no fight scenes are great, when they're done well (like Oberyn Vs Mountain). not so much when they're poorly staged and undermine the established concepts of the characters. it made for a great oshit moment but just wasn't very well executed

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

"i thought the unsullied were invincible" so did khaleesi, and in a pitched battle sure but not in the streetz. the inappropriateness of spears in close quarter urban combat stands as a symbol for khaleesi's lack of touch with the city she governs.

reminder: do the unsullied have shafts, balls, or neither?
1. Nas
2. Drake

alpha

Post by alpha »

Pretty sure it's the whole frank and beans

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

drizzle wrote:no fight scenes are great, when they're done well (like Oberyn Vs Mountain)
Yeah, that shit was tight as hell and was a fantastic pay off, even though for me it was the hardest re-learning of the lesson "do not get attached to characters on GoT" that the show has offered since they killed Ned Stark haha.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

So, collectively who does the :phila: think is crazier at the point, Ramsey or Joff Dog?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

if jofdog hadn't had his time tragically cut short, he would have grown into a ramsey type dude. niether of them rly steppin to lord naritsugu tho
1. Nas
2. Drake

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Judging by the lack of action this thread is seeing today, I'm guessing we all are in agreement that ep5 was meh overall?

I swear the Khaleesi arc has been the most overrated thing about this whole damn show since s1. And YES I know the pay off is going to be fantastic whenever we get there, but damn. I could care less about Danyrs' whole supporting cast. They killed the only cool character and Greyworm lives? C'mon man. And Who cares that Khaleesi is gonna marry DangerMouse now?

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Can you imagine how hyped dangermouse must be right now though? He's about to get the most fire pussy in all the 7 kingdoms.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

drizzle wrote:Interesting idea going around that the dudes they were fighting weren't some random rabble but actually the pit fighters who Daani put out of business
i thought this was the clear implication. the show keeps talking about keeping the pits open and how the locals are pissed about it and then that fight went down. perhaps they were setting that up as a red herring but I wouldn't have thought it was a far-fetched idea or concept to assume that the sons of the harpy or whatever they're called are the people who fought in the pits or wanted the pits opened back up.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

samdoom wrote:
i thought this was the clear implication. the show keeps talking about keeping the pits open and how the locals are pissed about it and then that fight went down. perhaps they were setting that up as a red herring but I wouldn't have thought it was a far-fetched idea or concept to assume that the sons of the harpy or whatever they're called are the people who fought in the pits or wanted the pits opened back up.
the pit fighters would be slaves though yeah? some of the assassins in harpy masks were wearing the blue/gold clothing of the rich folks, others were in more slavish garb. some strange sort of cooperation going on in that resistance, perhaps?

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Blockhead wrote:Can you imagine how hyped dangermouse must be right now though? He's about to get the most fire pussy in all the 7 kingdoms.
he won't get anywhere near that intimate with her. he's probably pretty stoked about not dying, though.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

The Afronaut wrote:Judging by the lack of action this thread is seeing today, I'm guessing we all are in agreement that ep5 was meh overall?

I swear the Khaleesi arc has been the most overrated thing about this whole damn show since s1. And YES I know the pay off is going to be fantastic whenever we get there, but damn. I could care less about Danyrs' whole supporting cast. They killed the only cool character and Greyworm lives? C'mon man. And Who cares that Khaleesi is gonna marry DangerMouse now?
i actually thought that what slowed the episode a bit was too many consecutive scenes spent in the north.

Guun

Post by Guun »

I thought it was one of the better episodes of the season so far. That also could have been because I watched the first 4 right away and have been waiting for weeks.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

I got no issue with them moving the story around to different plot threads. I completely support that of course.

I was just saying that on average Dany's arc has provided the weakest screen time to compelling story ratio.

The nights watch stuff was pretty boring during S1 but it has improved significantly. Dany's story has essentially progressed the opposite direction in my opinion. However if I was more into dragons I guess I might feel differently.