Just saw The Count Of Monte Cristo

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Street Dweller

Just saw The Count Of Monte Cristo

Post by Street Dweller »

OMG!!! One of the best movies i've ever seen no doubt about it. This movie is simply incredible...

Does anyone have some suggestions for flicks that are similar in any way. Basically ones that I would like if I enjoyed this one? Please...otherwise I'm just gonna watch this over and over again.

GREAT MOVIE!!!

10/10

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

SERIOUS....I been wanting to check this...You just convinced me...Good looks.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

I think that's going just a litttttle overboard, but I never understood why this movie didn't get more respect. I loved this shit, probably gonna have to see it again in the near future.

Street Dweller

Post by Street Dweller »

well..you know how it is after you see an incredibly ill flick. Maybe I'm exagerating a little, but its DEFINATLY a fucken sick movie. Leaves a very strong impression on you.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

the picture is broken.........which of the 342 versions of this movie are you referring to?

Street Dweller

Post by Street Dweller »

i dont understand? theres more than one?

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Andvil wrote:the picture is broken.........which of the 342 versions of this movie are you referring to?
I got the pic to work with show image. It's really small though, but it looks like the Caviezel version.

citizen

Post by citizen »

good movie, dont sleep

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Street Dweller wrote:i dont understand? theres more than one?
Yeah man, there's been hundreds. if you're talking about the recent american one you've got a point, it's unjustly slept on. The story is classic and unfuckwitable, Jesus didn't do much for me as the count by Guy pierce was great as the bad guy. I think it didn't get much shine because 'costume' movies like this don't make noise with the general public, and there wasn't much here for the art crowd.

as far as recommendations, that's dicy.... are you looking for revenge flicks, period costume flicks, etc... this shit falls under a lot of categories
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

beans79

Post by beans79 »

Movie = good. Book = stellar.
(18:05:41) NerdyBroad: libido cancels logic everytime

Street Dweller

Post by Street Dweller »

drizzle wrote:
Street Dweller wrote:i dont understand? theres more than one?
Yeah man, there's been hundreds. if you're talking about the recent american one you've got a point, it's unjustly slept on. The story is classic and unfuckwitable, Jesus didn't do much for me as the count by Guy pierce was great as the bad guy. I think it didn't get much shine because 'costume' movies like this don't make noise with the general public, and there wasn't much here for the art crowd.

as far as recommendations, that's dicy.... are you looking for revenge flicks, period costume flicks, etc... this shit falls under a lot of categories
umm.. sorry i cant be more specific, its just the vibe and general "feel" this movie gave me that i really liked. I guess its that feeling that im searching for. I liked the french environment, the revenge aspect was great. I guess i'd like something in/around that time period, located in a similar environment maybe with a story that leaves a strong impact such as this.