Mad Men Season 5

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

jamrage wrote:It's the season finale next week I believe.
tis

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

roger. sterling.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

The writers must really hate Pete. I think the creator loves the actress who plays Don's wife, too. The ex-Sopranos crew really do love the old dream / hallucinatory sequences.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

decent season but lackluster finale. good parts but overall pretty meh

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

arent most madmen season finales kind of like this? the penultimate show is usually where the action is, the finale is the clean up and a little foreshadowing. seems to be a bit of the wire approach to tv.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I laughed at Weiner's take that meagan's talent was so 'undeniable' during the screening that it had Don come to a realization.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Guun

Post by Guun »

ALASKA wrote:arent most madmen season finales kind of like this? the penultimate show is usually where the action is, the finale is the clean up and a little foreshadowing. seems to be a bit of the wire approach to tv.
The 'Close the door, have a seat' episode was probably one of the greatest season finales ever.. This one didn't have me really anticipating the next season.. It was more of a 'okay, i'll watch it when it's back on' but i'm not dying to see what happens next.. The montage at the end saved the episode at least a little bit.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:I laughed at Weiner's take that meagan's talent was so 'undeniable' during the screening that it had Don come to a realization.
I'm not sure that's what it's saying at all. She ended up getting a commercial job that Don got her instead of her doing it on her own. I think him watching an audition might have reminded him why he loves her, but I don't know that it says her talent is undeniable.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

I think it was a fairly decent finale, but there certainly wasn't that OH SHIT moment except for Don perhaps returning to his philandering ways. That's fine, you don't want to do that every season like some bad Shaymalan movie.

I was very glad to see that they're still following Peggy, I hope they continue that next season. Could they bring her back as a partner down the road?

Campbell is such a pussy it's hilarious. Getting his ass kicked three times in one season was a bit much but fun to watch. Something has to change there I'd think. To his character's credit he doesn't seem to give a fuck. He's still the manipulative shit talking asshole he always is.

:lol: @ Peggy watching the two dogs fucking at the end.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

jamrage wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:I laughed at Weiner's take that meagan's talent was so 'undeniable' during the screening that it had Don come to a realization.
I'm not sure that's what it's saying at all. She ended up getting a commercial job that Don got her instead of her doing it on her own. I think him watching an audition might have reminded him why he loves her, but I don't know that it says her talent is undeniable.
I'm justt going by what the show's creator said, it's laughable because none of what he said translated to the screen.
UBM CD COMING SOON

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
jamrage wrote:
I'm justt going by what the show's creator said, it's laughable because none of what he said translated to the screen.
Jesus, really? I rarely read that kind of shit. Thanks for the clarification though.

It definitely came off more like Don was renewing his fondness for her rather than how talented she was.

None

Post by None »

jamrage wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:
jamrage wrote:
Jesus, really? I rarely read that kind of shit. Thanks for the clarification though.

It definitely came off more like Don was renewing his fondness for her rather than how talented she was.
That's how I read the scene. Am I suppose to believe that Don really believes that Megan is some kind of Betty Grable?