Wolverine trailer

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

1 N X-Men Origins: Wolverine Fox $87,000,000

plus 73 million overseas

total of 160 mill

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
Psychosis wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote: Gavin Hood is out of his element with blockbuster action movies, it looks like.
Really? I heard it was the script that fucked everything up.

/haven't seen it yet and might not ever with all the negative feedback
It's not just the script. Gavin Hood deserves a HUGE amount of the blame.

Case in point:

You know the cliche action movie overhead shot where the protagonist is on his knees and shouts "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" to the Heavens?

Wolverine does this a grand total of FOUR TIMES in the motion picture.
not to mention the fact that in every other action scene someone scales a building for absolutely no reason, seriously wtf

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

This movie is ahead of its time and will only be appreciated by future generations.

Lebong Jame$

Post by Lebong Jame$ »

anybody else think the special effects were terrible? the part where he's looking at his new claws in the mirror was on some roger rabbit shit

hustler

Post by hustler »

wow why all the hate, this movie was great. i liked it. it had alot of cliches and shit, but i didnt give a fuck, dead pool was dope, wolverine and sabertooth were dope, they had alot of good fights, i left the theater satisfied. i wasnt going into it expecting some kinda deep dramatic emotional shit. i just wanted some dope action with my favorite mutants.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I saw Hugh Jackman mid/late last year rockin the wolverine chops at a rugby game. My biggest celeb sighting ever :owens:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Captin Planit wrote:This movie is ahead of its time and will only be appreciated by future generations.
:lol: & :copy: if the future robots/alien hybrids in AI find this movie in a time capsule and consider this the ultimate achievement in human cinema.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Lebong Jame$ wrote:anybody else think the special effects were terrible? the part where he's looking at his new claws in the mirror was on some roger rabbit shit
:lol: That was some shameful shit. I thought movie was just ok. I already went in with low expectations because of this thread.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Lebong Jame$ wrote:anybody else think the special effects were terrible? the part where he's looking at his new claws in the mirror was on some roger rabbit shit
Without a doubt, the most mentioned comparison I've heard from anyone. That was my exact thought during that scene. I expected Jessica Rabbit to appear from behind the shower curtain and offer him a blowjob. THAT was arguably the most shameful thing about the movie.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

no way.

the worst part of the movie was definitely:

Logan: I NEED TO FIND STRYKER'S ISLAND!!!

Will.I.Am: chill. maybe blob knows. but you'll have to beat him in a boxing match to find out.

Logan: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! THIS PART OF TEH PLOT MAKES NO SENSE BUT SINCE NOTHING ELSE IN THE PLOT DOES, I'LL GO ALONG WITH IT.

(ridiculous boxing match ensues)

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Captin Planit wrote:
Without a doubt, the most mentioned comparison I've heard from anyone. That was my exact thought during that scene. I expected Jessica Rabbit to appear from behind the shower curtain and offer him a blowjob. THAT was arguably the most shameful thing about the movie.
Oh man, the whole scene around that too...

PUT ON MY DEAD SON'S CLOTHES NAKED KNIFE MAN
YOU BROKE MY SINK? HAVE MY MOTORCYCLE CLAW MAN

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

if you enjoyed this movie, your penis may be missing... Just sayin'

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:anyone that liked this movie, might be a piece of shit in general.

this is coming from someone that usually likes everything.

but yeah, you are a piece of shit if you like this movie. like, there is nothing worth redeeming in your life.

the highlight of your life would be taking a shit successfully without getting some on your face.

tremendous fail.

just read this, couldn't have said this better myself...eva..

:lol:

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Or who could forget a well-timed "I'm so cold" from Wolverine's dying love interest?

Thinking back on this movie is ruining everything that made it so magical while I was watching it...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

I thought that sometimes. I was like "yo, that is mad sloppy and undone."

even in the scene with the helicopter, there's some glitches left in.

sometimes it was just lazy. but I still kinda loved it.
Gregg Popabitch wrote:no way.

the worst part of the movie was definitely:

Logan: I NEED TO FIND STRYKER'S ISLAND!!!

Will.I.Am: chill. maybe blob knows. but you'll have to beat him in a boxing match to find out.

Logan: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! THIS PART OF TEH PLOT MAKES NO SENSE BUT SINCE NOTHING ELSE IN THE PLOT DOES, I'LL GO ALONG WITH IT.

(ridiculous boxing match ensues)
yeah, that was kinda stupid.

a couple REEEEALLY large leaps of logic and major gaps of disbelief in this. I almost was like "how conveeeeenient of Sabertooth to show up RIGHT at the end there, on the fucking edge of the nuclear tower at that very moment." If he didn't have that jump-crawl ability, I'd be like SUPER :larry: but I was just like semi- :bunk:

also what about the scene where Gambit comes flying out the air twirling that stick and smashes Wolverine for no reason and saves Sabertooth? sigh. why? that last-second-possible-save shit in movies is fucking played out if it is done as implausibly as it was done here.

most of the actors put in decent to great performances, and some of the characters were in it for far too short of a time, but it was still a successful failure.

I KNEW I HATED GAVIN HOOD FOR A REASON! 'Tsotsi' sucked ass. He directed this into the garbage can of big time solo superhero movies.

still, I don't hate this movie. The scene where he got his adamantium was pretty dope.

:wutang:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Captin Planit wrote:Thinking back on this movie is ruining everything that made it so magical while I was watching it...
welcome to the dark side.

seriously, the more you look back, the more you can pick it apart.

an-also

Post by an-also »

worst part of the movie was definitely the mutant who's superpower was turning herself into diamonds

hustler

Post by hustler »

look it had alot of problems. but lets stop focusing on the problems, what did you guys enjoy about it?
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

im really glad i have the internet because i was really excited for this and i think i would have cried at the theater if i actually went.

it might be worth it to see hugh jackmans naked bod on the big screen though
:killacam:

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

SCARLENE wrote:im really glad i have the internet because i was really excited for this and i think i would have cried at the theater if i actually went.

it might be worth it to see hugh jackmans naked bod on the big screen though
:killacam:
i saw teh jackman

he works out at the same gym as my brother also

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Movie was aight at best. I enjoyed it tho'. The actors did a great job, but the script and the plot was just horrible. Definitely could've used some Wolverine in the wild development. How did they leave that out? And Gambit attacking Wolverine in the middle of his fight with Sabertooth, when Sabertooth is the one that captured Gambit, made ZERO sense. I dunno, but something about this movie seemed like it was rushed for summer.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

This is a movie for white trash that live in trailer parks.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

Originally I thought the movie was just okay, but in hindsight it's not even that good. I'm thinking maybe a 5-6 on the action film scale. On the comic snob scale this is somewhere between X-men 3 and Generation X.

Some of the special effects were janky as fuck though. The Roger Rabbit comparison for the bathroom scene is on point. Shit reminded me of the piece of bread on the Asher Roth album cover...

Also, it is flat out wrong to see will.i.am get more lines and screen time in a film than Ryan Reynolds. Especially since Reynolds is supposed to be fucking Deadpool and all. Really, the whole enterprise ends up as a classic case of trying to do too much in too little space. Everything on screen suffers because of it. You're not supposed to be able to fuck up an action film based on a guy who has knives that comes out of his fists this easy.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

please marvel.

come back and declare fox's attrocity's a manhatten sized mulligan and swing a do-over!

fuck, im so disapointed and i havent even checkd this movie yet.

Deviant283

Post by Deviant283 »

fuck this movie.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Gavin Hood sucks asschunks.

I saw the movie again tonight in the theater. The things that the actors aren't responsible for look worse and worse with each viewing. I've seen this movie 5 times since Friday.

:nut:

why the fuck didn't Wolverine EVER get blood on his claws? I know adamantium is the hardest metal on earth and all but :naswtf: is up with him stabbing through mad motherfuckers (finally) but not getting bloody? lame.

and it made no sense for him to hear Colonel Stryker while he was in the adamantium chamber.

plus that last Deadpool fight had so many leaps of logic it hurt my head. if it wasn't so god damn ill with the teleporting and the fancy stabbings, it woulda been superludicrous.

Hugh Jackman embodies Wolverine perfectly. I liked that though.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

The movie as it is has five watchable minutes, all of which were Ryan Reynolds' opening scene as Deadpool.

The bootleg has ten watchable minutes which come from the opening credit scene that is ruined in the final version by the horrible score.

Everything else is awful. The Wolverine/Gambit fight scene may be the worst action sequence ever committed to film.

They are opening a new wing at the Holocaust museum for "X-men Origins: Wolverine." Never forget.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

why would you watch a movie you don't like 5 times?

http://www.newsarama.com/film/050906-Deadpool.html

The post-Wolverine machine keeps rolling at Fox.

As reported yesterday, Hugh Jackmanג€™s Seed Productions is already working on a sequel to this weekendג€™s #1 movie that will be set in Japan, and now, according to Variety, Fox has also begun development on Deadpool, a spinoff that will star Ryan Reynolds in the lead role.

The film will be produced by Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel.

And from The Hollywood Reporter:

It is understood that Reynolds would regain the ability to mouth off, with the movie going back to the roots of the character known for his slapstick tone and propensity to break the fourth wall. The character also was disfigured in "Wolverine," though it's unclear at this time how much the studio would want to mess with Reynolds' handsome mug.

The project is out to writers.

Fox considered a "Deadpool" spinoff early in "Wolverine's" development process, which is why it cast Reynolds. The actor was brought back in the month before the movie's release to shoot one of two "Easter egg" scenes that appeared after the end credits. The scene showed Deadpool alive, though when last audiences saw him, he appeared to be dead.

The news comes a not a huge surprise to fans, as in our recent poll Deadpool was the runaway favorite when asked ג€œWho Should be in the Next Marvel Mutant Movie?ג€
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

a wolverine movie in japan is a great idea but now i have low expectations.

i liked what i read about for the deadpool spinoff except for the "though it's unclear at this time how much the studio would want to mess with Reynolds' handsome mug. "

btw, does anyone have a link to the ending after the credits?

an-also

Post by an-also »

I hope to god they dont ruin the magneto movie.