CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Kalel wrote:You won't get an argument from me that Kidman was the truth. I just think Bourne's SSP looks a little more fluid and controlled.

But holy shit at that Teddy Hart video. Inspired me to look up more of those Top 10 videos and came across this little gem...

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/924zoWZ6HCE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/924zoWZ6HCE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:can anyone confirm that nash was that influential in creating guaranteed money contracts for wrestlers? I can't imagine hogan not having a guaranteed money contract, especially when he hit up billionaire ted and bischoff in WCW
If I remember correctly, the deal that Nash and Hall made when they went to WCW was that they had the largest deals within the company. If WCW wanted to sign or re-negotiate a contract with a new or current wrestler they also had to match that amount with Nash and Hall. So basically Hall and Nash had a contract that made them the highest paid wrestlers in the company no matter what.

so hall and nash were getting paid more or at least as much as hogan in WCW?? That's some shit

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

hustler wrote:
A Kid wrote:Image
:bow: :bow:
:puke:

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Kalel wrote:You won't get an argument from me that Kidman was the truth. I just think Bourne's SSP looks a little more fluid and controlled.

But holy shit at that Teddy Hart video. Inspired me to look up more of those Top 10 videos and came across this little gem...

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/924zoWZ6HCE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/924zoWZ6HCE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:can anyone confirm that nash was that influential in creating guaranteed money contracts for wrestlers? I can't imagine hogan not having a guaranteed money contract, especially when he hit up billionaire ted and bischoff in WCW
If I remember correctly, the deal that Nash and Hall made when they went to WCW was that they had the largest deals within the company. If WCW wanted to sign or re-negotiate a contract with a new or current wrestler they also had to match that amount with Nash and Hall. So basically Hall and Nash had a contract that made them the highest paid wrestlers in the company no matter what.

so hall and nash were getting paid more or at least as much as hogan in WCW?? That's some shit
I'm pretty sure that's how it worked. I'm sure someone else would know better than I do and could fill us in.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

yeah it was detailed in the 'rise and fall of wcw' dvd.

hustler

Post by hustler »

A Kid wrote:
hustler wrote:
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:lol:

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Kalel wrote:Someone show me a better Shooting Star Press than Evan Bourne's. I don't think you can.
- Paul London

- El Blazer

- Pac

- Teddy Hart (I think he already got discussed on here though)

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Galvatron78 wrote:
Kalel wrote:Someone show me a better Shooting Star Press than Evan Bourne's. I don't think you can.
- Paul London
Good call on this.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

hustler wrote:
A Kid wrote:
hustler wrote:

lol word...del rio was cool when he was first on smackdown but his gimmick has worn really thin, he needs to step up his mic work ASAP

an-also

Post by an-also »

Moolah wrote::lol:

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

hustler wrote:
A Kid wrote:
hustler wrote:

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

that austin gif is perfect
the boy is the father to the man

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

anything Austin is unfuckwitable...the camera zoom just makes it so much better

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

It's amazing to look at the Del Rio facial expression gifs and think about the fact that this guy spent the first 9 years of his career wearing a mask.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

A Kid wrote:anything Austin is unfuckwitable...the camera zoom just makes it so much better
<object width="420" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RiRbzJ2aQ4E?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RiRbzJ2aQ4E?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

If he only knew the monster he would create. :lol: at ordering the hamburger
the boy is the father to the man

an-also

Post by an-also »

Heel austin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Face austin.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Kalel wrote:

This wasn't limited to wrestlers, it was "any paid performer," which is why Hall and Nash lobbied so hard for Leno and Rodman and all the other celebrities to be involved in wrestling.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Galvatron78 wrote:
- Paul London

- El Blazer

- Pac

- Teddy Hart (I think he already got discussed on here though)
I see it like this.

Evan Bourne - Looks super fucking cool. Graceful, impressive, just fucking incredible to watch.

Kidman - More than anyone else, Kidman's was the SSP that looked the most like an offensive move. Maybe it was because he would gain weight and just sort of haphazardly throw it around, but this move looked as awe-inspiring as it seemed painful.

London - What was awesome about London's SSP is that he could he it from anywhere. Standing, off-the-ropes, off the ring apron, standing etc., it really added an additional shot of unpredictability to one of the already most exciting moves in wrestling.

Marc Mero - NOW HEAR ME OUT, for the 2-3 months he used it before switching from a "Wild Man" to a "boxer," it was a pretty cool move. While it wasn't quite as cool as it could have been as Mero waited until 6 months into his WWF career to even have a finisher and his ship had already sailed, what I always liked about it was that he curled into a full cannonball, which make for a rather unique visual.

Brock Lesnar - Not his botched WMXIX one, but his use of it in OVW was such an absurd sight to behold that it warrants a mention.

And let's remember that Evan Bourne (or as Sheamus calls him - "Lee-tal Eee-ven Barn") is still very young and is basically where Kidman was pre-flock. He's just one gimmick away from being a superstar.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

It's difficult to call it, but I think PAC's SSP is #1, and Bourne and London are 2A and 2B. Kidman deserves credit as the man to popularize the move stateside, but he also deserves the blame for the move having been banned for a short time after crushing Chavo's face with it.

Bourne has a major wow-factor to him, but I don't think they know what to do with him. He can't really talk, and there's a severe lack of mouthpieces available in the WWE. The things he's capable of, though, are absolutely amazing.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

BigCat8 wrote:It's difficult to call it, but I think PAC's SSP is #1, and Bourne and London are 2A and 2B. Kidman deserves credit as the man to popularize the move stateside, but he also deserves the blame for the move having been banned for a short time after crushing Chavo's face with it.

Bourne has a major wow-factor to him, but I don't think they know what to do with him. He can't really talk, and there's a severe lack of mouthpieces available in the WWE. The things he's capable of, though, are absolutely amazing.
I think Bourne teaming with Kofi Kingston could lead to great things. I don't know if I've ever heard Kofi speak but if either of them get paired with someone who can cut a good promo it would help propel them as a singles competitor.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

stop sleeping.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Brock's SSP at Mania was pure hilarity...

i know it wont happen but i'd love a new attitude era with The Briscoe Brothers....somewhat old video but its new if you havent seen it..these dudes are crazy

<object width="420" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_S9oWIpl7So?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_S9oWIpl7So?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

briscoes are the best tag team i've ever seen.

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

they off that chunky, thats why

hustler

Post by hustler »

A Kid wrote:
hustler wrote:
A Kid wrote:
hustler wrote:

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

hustler wrote:
A Kid wrote:
hustler wrote:
A Kid wrote:
hustler wrote: :puke:

hustler

Post by hustler »

A Kid wrote:
hustler wrote:
A Kid wrote:
hustler wrote:
A Kid wrote: Image

Last edited by hustler on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

hustler

Post by hustler »

when we threw John Cena's shirt back not once, but TWICE, I dont think I've ever felt prouder to be a canadian.

King was really awful on the mic tonight. Hes constantly burying Punk and not even in a subtle way. He straight up says: "I dont think cm punk is that good." "Cena is better bla bla bla" then to make himself look like an even bigger idiot he says: "its like we're in bizarro land"-because the canadian crowd is boo-ing cena.
CENA IS BOOED EVERYWHERE! EVERYONE IS SICK AND TIRED OF HIM STOP TRYING TO POLISH A TURD JERRY

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

hustler wrote:
A Kid wrote:
hustler wrote:
A Kid wrote:
hustler wrote: Image