Boardwalk Empire?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Thun wrote:http://www.thetroyblog.com/2010/12/03/v ... -ganjah-k/

^Not related to the ongoing discussion about the show's quality, but related to the thread nevertheless.

:hooray:

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

elijahcraig

Post by elijahcraig »

This is easily my favorite new show on Television

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

LOL @ Capone eating the apple out of the kids bag immediately after shooting him in the forehead, and LOL @ Jimmy slitting dudes throat and sliding the boot knife back under his plaid pants.

Not all that surprised that Nucky took the deal with Rothstein, even after he tried to have him killed.

I Lol'd when Schroder got the rag. Soon as I seen that scene I knew she was going back to Nucky.

LOL @ the whore showing up at Agent Nelsons office and saying she was preggo. Looking forward to see what happens with that.

Funny to see Nuckys brother get reinstated as Sherriff immediately after the election. Interested to see if Nucky will do anything to show Jimmy he gives a shit about him. Pretty fucked up how Nucky fucked Jimmy's dad/the Commodore. Curious what happens for Jimmy to take back Atlantic City "for the both of them."

That was the season finale, eh? Pretty awesome way to leave things. Looking forward to season 2.

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

2nd half of the season was better than the first (even the pilot felt like Scorsese doing a bad parody of himself, sorry ice). But once the show went campy, and over the top, I started to enjoy it on the same level as I do True Blood.

Nucky is still a black hole of suck every time he's on screen (I love Buscemi but he was horribly miscast), and I'm convinced Mrs. Schroeder is the grandmother of this fictional character,

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Is there a record for most episodes of a TV series ending in the same shot? No more panning crane shots of the boardwalk, plz.

Even though I like Treme more than BE, neither are on the level of the HBO Holy Trinity (Deadwood, Sopranos, The Wire), although the last episode of Treme gives some hope that it might make the jump and be competitive. I'm still biding my time until the Michael Mann / David Milch gambling drama comes out.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Icesickle wrote:Is there a record for most episodes of a TV series ending in the same shot?
I could be wrong but I think every episode of Entourage in it's first 4 seasons ended with a shot of the four dip shits having beers on a balcony and toasting the good life. That's a Cal Ripken-esque record I don't see any show ever touching.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

^ :lol:

:icedit: gonna check out Treme cause of you, Icey.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Well, fuck me I guess. Really enjoyed the finale.

Great setup for next year.

Only downer was that all of the D'Alessio bros were killed before they got to gang rape Angela.

alpha

Post by alpha »

PopeyeJones wrote:
Only downer was that all of the D'Alessio bros were killed before they got to gang rape Angela.
:owens:

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

great season, great show, gonna miss it on sundays

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Typed up a bigger response to this but lost it.

Anyways, I forgot to post about the finale after I watched it but I also was pretty satisfied with the way they ended things. Tied up a shitload of loose ends and set the stage nicely for a bunch of craziness next season. Really excited to see what happens with the Jimmy takeover plot.

Only thing that bugged the fuck out of me was Agent Nelson getting away with murder. I mean, he fucking drowned the guy and we're supposed to believe the Feds wouldn't do an autopsy and realize his lungs were filled with water and he didnt' die from a heart attack? GTFO

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
Only thing that bugged the fuck out of me was Agent Nelson getting away with murder. I mean, he fucking drowned the guy and we're supposed to believe the Feds wouldn't do an autopsy and realize his lungs were filled with water and he didnt' die from a heart attack? GTFO
Not to mention the 75 witnesses but I suppose them being black would cancel out any story they could tell the cops.