movie/tv marathons

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Tommy Bunz

Re: movie/tv marathons

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Marathoning five seasons of lost prior to the last season was definitely a good move, I wish I could take back all the days I wasted discussing that stupid fucking show.

In regards to Ramen's comment; yes and no. I do miss the discussions on here but tbh I rarely discuss tv with people in the real world and I always read threads I missed on shows after I catch up.
I am always a season behind in everything, mainly because I refuse to ever watch anything out of order, I still don't have cable and most of my tv watching is regulated to what I buy. And I am fine waiting to get deals on dvds/blurays. For example, I know I'll love Justified, and I own season 2 but haven't watched the show yet cause I'm waiting to find the first season on blu really cheap before I dive in.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

At least twice-a-year I'll watch "Homicide: Life On The Streets" from pilot to that TV movie finale and "The Shield." It's shocking how "Homicide" just falls the FUCK OFF after the fourth season. Such an amazing show, though; the episode "Three Men and Adena" is some American Masterpiece shit. "The Shield" is the best cop serial ever. Period. End of discussion. It is the perfect cop show. It constantly showed the viewer the kind of cop they wanted to see: a corrupt piece of shit who possess no regard for anything other than his own survival.

"The Wire" is constantly on, I really never stop watching it in some capacity. Especially if it is On Demand; don't even need to bother with grabbing the DVD. Season five is ill as fuck, but that show never felt like it got the proper send off. Marlo's last scene, while short, is probably one of my favorite from the show.

(No homo)

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I'm also reacquainting (no homo) myself with "Breaking Bad." I fagged out hard in season four and lost track after episode three for reasons I will be keeping to myself. Needless to say it was some of the hardest fagging I've committed to date. All I hear are rave reviews about the latest season. Watching season four right now.

(Yes homo)

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Didn't Emp and Phila both marathon the Shield? I don't remember any of them in the SHield thread we had but I do recall both big upping the show recently.
UBM CD COMING SOON

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

been sick all weekend and marathoning the wire properly, from the beginning. Averaged about 7 a day while layed up, it was grand.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

drizzle wrote:been sick all weekend and marathoning the wire properly, from the beginning. Averaged about 7 a day while layed up, it was grand.
My favorite time to marathon is when I am sick, or when it is raining outside.

I forgot to add Band of Brothers to my list. I watch that a lot when I am sick.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I normally use sick days to catch up on stuff I've been putting off for a long time and don't normally watch, instead of going for comfort shows.
Like I was sick last week and watched nothing but old M Squad and Peewee Herman episodes.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Random Sample wrote:I forgot to add Band of Brothers to my list. I watch that a lot when I am sick.
I've done Band Of Brothers at least 30 times by now.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Roy Johnson wrote:
Random Sample wrote:I forgot to add Band of Brothers to my list. I watch that a lot when I am sick.
I've done Band Of Brothers at least 30 times by now.
:pause:

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Geting super stoned and ordering about 10 pizzas and watching all the Ninja Turtle Movies (just the main one's 1-3) is pretty legit. Also eating a shit ton of mushrooms and watching all the LOTR back to back to back in the dark is pretty unreal.

Just found out they put Eerie Indiana on Netflix, I got through all 19 of those in about 3 days. Great fucking show. The one's I always get sucked into late night though are Full House, Saved by the Bell, and Fresh Prince.

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

I have done the below marathons, while drunk with friends,

All of Doogie Howser, spread across 4 separate nights (which inspired my short lived, semi ironic Doogie fan blog)
Every episode of To Catch a Predator
Season 1 of Chips + Chips 99'
Van Damme athon - No Retreat No Surrender, Bloodsport, Time Cop
Unnecessary sequels athon - Weekend at Bernies 2, Karate Kid 4, Splash Too
Iron Eagle athon
Manimal athon
El Santo athon - I can't remember the names of any of the movies we watched.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Tommy Bunz wrote:For example, I know I'll love Justified, and I own season 2 but haven't watched the show yet cause I'm waiting to find the first season on blu really cheap before I dive in.
http://www.amazon.com/Justified-Complet ... B0038M2AQ4
probably doesn't qualify as really cheap, but got an e-mail about this yesterday and thought of this post, so, posting
moved by duck muscles

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

My wife took a few months off work about 5 years ago when we were renovating our house, and watched every episode of Seinfeld in order in a month. Pretty impressive - 180 episodes.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

LilLeftBrain wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:For example, I know I'll love Justified, and I own season 2 but haven't watched the show yet cause I'm waiting to find the first season on blu really cheap before I dive in.
http://www.amazon.com/Justified-Complet ... B0038M2AQ4
probably doesn't qualify as really cheap, but got an e-mail about this yesterday and thought of this post, so, posting
Thanks for the heads up. I have a feeling I'll be able to get it even cheaper on Black Friday so I'm holding out til then.

citizen

Post by citizen »

Employee wrote:At least twice-a-year I'll watch "Homicide: Life On The Streets" from pilot to that TV movie finale and "The Shield." It's shocking how "Homicide" just falls the FUCK OFF after the fourth season. Such an amazing show, though; the episode "Three Men and Adena" is some American Masterpiece shit.
you do know that you and/or dids expresses this opinion on an annual basis in curb? also i disagree, not quite as good yes, but fell the fuck off? no. the show still has lewis, munch, howard, pembleton, bayless, giardello, brody, through most of 5-7 so it can't possiby be that bad. most if not all the new charcters in 7 were awful, but still some good episodes in season 7

alpha

Post by alpha »

i'm finally watching the wire. :fail:

anyone planning on marathoning breaking bad before the final eps air?

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

alpha wrote:anyone planning on marathoning breaking bad before the final eps air?
Yep. I'm a few episodes into Season 2.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

if you're in ny, lincoln center is running marathon screenings of all BB seasons in the end of july

http://www.filmlinc.com/films/series/lo ... d-marathon
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I'm gonna do the impossible one week and marathon cheers/frasier, already watched most of cheers only the 1st season of frasier.
UBM CD COMING SOON

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

blasted through the first four seasons of the shield in the past two weeks, had only seen the first before. good, good shit. dutch my dude. & tweaks nigga goggins of course. gonna take a break and get to rectify as i been saying i'd do
had quite a few deja vu moments in s2,3&4 of the shield tho i know i hadn't seen the actual episodes before. in particular that one scene in that one season where vic comes back to his house to pick up his oldest and shits all a muck in his house and the youngest is in the bath in scalding ass water. 100% sure now i saw that back when it aired just flipping the channels and damndamndamn
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

the running time of cheers & fraiser in their entirety has to be damn close to a weeks time
or perhaps that's why it's deemed the impossible?
moved by duck muscles

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

LilLeftBrain wrote:the running time of cheers & fraiser in their entirety has to be damn close to a weeks time
or perhaps that's why it's deemed the impossible?
yeah you'd have to be on a serious coke bender and you'd probably die

Cheers: 269 episodes x 20 min each = 5,380 minutes or 89.66 hours or 3.73 days
Frasier: 5877 minutes or 4.08 days

ric

Post by ric »

the wire
godfathers
bournes
new batmans
cowboy bebop
lord of the rings (not the extended though; that shit is brilliant; i have not seen a single extended version; FUCK DUDE)

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ha. thought about triple posting to say i'm very bad at both math and gauging time and didn't feel like adding it up, so could be far off, but hey
moved by duck muscles

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

word. First time I realized that Frazier outlasted Cheers somehow. Doubt that another spinoff will ever do that again.