Pick Your Favorite Director

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Pick Your Favorite Director

Danny Boyle
2%
Spike Lee
2%
Quentin Tarantino
59%
PT Anderson
16%
J.J Abrams
2%
Guilermo Del Toro
14%
Michael Bay
6%

Total votes: 51

Larry2times

Re: Pick Your Favorite Director

Post by Larry2times »

Ah right I got you. Yeah its not surprising at all

Jim2s right about Bay's greatest too

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Blockhead wrote:
Larry2times wrote:Do The Right Things got one of the greatest endings ever imo. I cant remember being too fussed about the others but Ive never felt too strongly about neat endings, at least not if theyre more about atmosphere or whatever.

Even He Got Game which was mostly weak as piss had a good ending I thought.
He got games ending is one of the worst ever. He throws the ball over the prison wall and it bounces into the gym where ray allen is shooting. SYMBULIZM IZ DEEP.

Do the right thing did end well though. Inside man ended decently too, if I recall. But pretty much every other one just either flew of the rails or got incredibly corny and heavy handed. Have you seen Girl 6? holy shit...the last hour of that is a nightmare.
Oh shit I got it mixed up with Life where that dude runs cross the gun line, that is actually shit. Forgotten Girl 6 but it was all turrible iirc

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Bay

ThaJim2

T

Post by ThaJim2 »

Who voted for Abrams? I just have to ask why?

alpha

Post by alpha »

lens flares 4 lyfe, dawg.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

alpha wrote:lens flares 4 lyfe, dawg.

:lol:

Here is what I don't get why is Bay now synonymous with trash yet no one talks shit about Abrams being a hack director. Abrams will never make a movie as good as the Rock and Bumblebee from the transformers was better then Super 8.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

alpha wrote:if you were to make the argument that PTA is the better director, fine. in fact he's a helluva director. but to say you enjoy movies made by him over QT or anyone else on the list is comparable to liking shitty food at an expensive restaurant just because it's expensive. in a word it's pretentious.
call it what you want. i think boogie nights is a very enjoyable watch & i would rather watch than any QT movie any day of the week. QT is talented, but different people are attracted to different things