CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

mike eagle

Re: CM Punk & Wrestling's Best Storyline in Years...

Post by mike eagle »

the move is awful in many ways. its anticlimactic and looks the opposite of devastating. its the worst thing in his moveset.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Well....holy shit

Official links to the Cabana podcast are down.

He's never coming back, and I guess justifiably so. This is bad for the WWE.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

also lots of highlights here:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/1 ... out-on-wwe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i think WWE will be fine. i think some of this stuff was prolly better left unsaid. i bet at some point down the line he comes back. warrior came back for chrissakes

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Punk doesn't seem like Warrior. He seems like a guy who would relish being the guy who never came back.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

907 wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:Bull (i forget his last name) in nxt does the flying head butt as his finisher every match

Dempsey, and he fucking sucks. No way he sticks around for long once Steen shows up, he's basically playing a generic version of him already.
Bull's tight have an old XFL logo. I wish they would just give him a full XFL gimmick, give one of the super jacked guys not doing anything a WBF gimmick and call them "The Throwbacks" or "Franchise Inc." or something.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Don't see Bull's appeal on any level. Shitty move set, shitty finisher, shitty look. It would be one thing if he was dope on the mic, but he isn't. Waste of a TV spot. Put Sami Callihan back in.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Yea bull is a real head scratcher. .. colt punk podcast was amazing and really informative, its only one side of a story but if it's all true i do not blame punk for leaving

hustler

Post by hustler »

everything punk said rings true from everything i know of the wwe. im glad he sued the shit outa them.
termination papers on his wedding day has vince and hhh written all over it.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Goddamn, that Vince/Austin podcast was surreal. Very much worth watching.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

yeah this podcast is fucking unbelievably candid

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Brougham33 wrote:Goddamn, that Vince/Austin podcast was surreal. Very much worth watching.
just lost wwe network access....has it leaked anywhere on the interwebz?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

For those looking for more candid VKM interviews after listening to the Austin podcast, check these out....

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Dude slurps Bray, huh?

Sounds like Cesaro is totally fucked.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

good to see austin ride for cesaro tho

Req

Post by Req »

jesus christ that New Day schtick might be the worst thing I've ever seen.
F.U. MOOLAH

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

How do you build them with 3 straight weeks of vignettes and give them a Raw debut in a clusterfuck gauntlet match in which they lose? Then likely put them in a feud with Star/Gold Dust, who are heels the crowd are more likely to cheer over this everyone clap ridiculousness. Still hoping they pull a swerve on this.

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

yeah im hoping that this is a set up for a quick heel turn on some 'fuck this shucking and jiving shit'

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Hope so, and I also hope they parlay McMahon saying Cesaro doesn't quite have "it" into Cesaro coming out every week and trying to get over. Just use his "bad joke Cesaro" gimmick from the online Cole/JBL show.

hustler

Post by hustler »

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2014/12/ ... e-network/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Man, Cesaro has "it" in spades. He has the innate ability to connect with the audience in any context. You just can't root against the guy. Even if he's not a top-tier guy on the mic, that's something they can work around (Bret was a top guy and a pretty terrible promo). Cesaro was primed to blow up after the Battle Royal at Wrestlemania, and he became an afterthought- second fiddle to Brock Lesnar.

He's the Swiss Superman. The King of Swing. The Most Money-Making Man. He's the most compelling in-ring performer on the main roster right now, and apparently that means nothing. He's the hardest working guy I've ever met. He's training, he's watching matches, he's working out, he's never sitting still. And he's stuck being the guy they send out there when they want another guy on the roster to have a good match.

I'm visibly umad over that.

hustler

Post by hustler »

stone cold podcast with mcmahon was a stunner. really good watch/listen. i get the vibe that vince just doesnt like cesaro, which basically means he's fucked. the whole dynamic of the business is really weird, it seems like wwe is a really difficult company to work for. its the only game in town, and vince knows this, so he has all the leverage. he even says on this podcast "dont piss anyone off." at the same time, he also knows that the audience wants what it wants, so if you disobey vince, but the audience loves it, you MIGHT be golden and turn yourself into a superstar. punk did it, austin did it, but its just not worth the risk, its better to tow the company line, keep cashin dem checks, keep your boss happy. vince complains about millenials that arn't ambitious, i dont think thats the case at all. i think people see what's happened to people in the passed whose careers got destroyed because they pissed vince off, and realize the most logical course of action for their livelihood is to just keep your mouth shut, do as your told, and hope creative puts you in good spots and the audience likes you (or hates you if you're a heel).

the way the business is designed right now just isn't condusive to talent taking risks and pushing themselves, and when someone actually manages to break through on their own, like zack ryder did via social media, they can only keep their own heat going for so long, eventually creative fucks them over, or they just get buried once the hype dies out. meanwhile, the guys vince loves, the cenas and ortons of the world keep getting put in the best spots over and over and over again. i have a love hate relationship when it coems to vince, hes done some really great stuff, but il never forgive him for the way he forced millions of diehard wrestling fans to deepthroat cena for years. WE DID NOT CONSENT TO THAT SHIT MCMAHON. NO MEANS NO.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

For people that don't have the network...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bnc1 ... sive_sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: that is the full video/audio to the Austin vkm podcast

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

hustler wrote:stone cold podcast with mcmahon was a stunner. really good watch/listen. i get the vibe that vince just doesnt like cesaro, which basically means he's fucked. the whole dynamic of the business is really weird, it seems like wwe is a really difficult company to work for. its the only game in town, and vince knows this, so he has all the leverage. he even says on this podcast "dont piss anyone off." at the same time, he also knows that the audience wants what it wants, so if you disobey vince, but the audience loves it, you MIGHT be golden and turn yourself into a superstar. punk did it, austin did it, but its just not worth the risk, its better to tow the company line, keep cashin dem checks, keep your boss happy. vince complains about millenials that arn't ambitious, i dont think thats the case at all. i think people see what's happened to people in the passed whose careers got destroyed because they pissed vince off, and realize the most logical course of action for their livelihood is to just keep your mouth shut, do as your told, and hope creative puts you in good spots and the audience likes you (or hates you if you're a heel).

the way the business is designed right now just isn't condusive to talent taking risks and pushing themselves, and when someone actually manages to break through on their own, like zack ryder did via social media, they can only keep their own heat going for so long, eventually creative fucks them over, or they just get buried once the hype dies out. meanwhile, the guys vince loves, the cenas and ortons of the world keep getting put in the best spots over and over and over again. i have a love hate relationship when it coems to vince, hes done some really great stuff, but il never forgive him for the way he forced millions of diehard wrestling fans to deepthroat cena for years. WE DID NOT CONSENT TO THAT SHIT MCMAHON. NO MEANS NO.
Yea I came into that podcast with high hopes of regaining back some confidence in Vince and being able to have a more positive outlook for the product currently and in the future, unfortunately, that didn't happen. You still see the old Vince when he reminisces with austin and talks about the past, but you can tell he's blowing smoke up your ass when talking about the current product. Just look at Austin's facial expressions while Vince is trying to talk his way out of the mistakes he's making with the current product, he's not buying it either. Relying on part timers (giving Lesnar the taker rub and making him champ), creating an environment for talent to be afraid to take risks (just cause you want to exert your power of being the only game in town), horrible booking (not turning Cesaro face after splitting up with Swagger, and then covering that up with saying he just doesn't have "it"). Damn, there's just too much to even mention. All I can say is Vince is a legend, I will always respect his genius, but I walked away from that podcast that he is a bit out of touch. I'm sorry, but "times have changed" isn't a legit excuse. When times change you need to evaluate if they have changed for the better or worse, and if it's the latter, you need to be proactive in addressing that, I do not have confidence that Vince has the capability in his current mentality to do that.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Part 2 is live. They're really not talking much wrestling so far (40:00 in so far).

https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana/aow-227-cm-punk-returns

mike eagle

Post by mike eagle »

yeah it was tough to watch vince not get that the way that cesaro had been booked has made it hard for him to get over. it was austin telling him and he still couldnt wrap his head around it

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Punk took a steaming hot shit on McMahon's apology. I fucking love this guy.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Yup, loved Punk punching a crater through that fake apology.

Dope Kevin Owens promo, like how they're not shying away from the past of the new guys
3CwY8l-t0Go

Also Sami Zayn cut a killer promo on NXT last night, dude is more than ready to be a star on the main roster. Looking forward to the terribly titled R-Evolution live show next week.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Sami will be a punk/Daniels/Ambrose level stud on the main roster.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I haven't watched the Austin-McMahon podcast or the second Punk AOW episode. Will I need to watch Austin-McMahon first?
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:I haven't watched the Austin-McMahon podcast or the second Punk AOW episode. Will I need to watch Austin-McMahon first?
The second punk AOW isn't great, pretty boring. Just watch austin McMahon immediately, it's def mad entertaining.

Also am I the only one that thinks austin shits on cabana in the podcast game? He's a more entertaining host and a better interviewer.