Mad Men Season 5

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Reason1

Post by Reason1 »

that episode was super weird
Ayo voice, it feels like battling season...

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

What a horrible horrible fight scene.

dirtee

Post by dirtee »

i'm really loving this season so far.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

I thought Pete was going to pull his Tintin rapist act again if he got a date with that girl.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

perlman

Post by perlman »

That fight scene was the funniest thing I've seen in months. So many great small details. Roger's "anyone else want to see this go down." Don Drapering the windows with child like glee. Coopers's aghast expression. Roger taking bets and lighting a cigarette. Layn's Conan Obrien type boxing stance. Pete's face as he realized this was really going to go down. Then not taking off his tie. Layn's "This is medievil!" Peggy's "Pete just got the crap kicked out of him." So so many LOLS!
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

out side of the weird cuts from scene to scene I really enjoyed that episode. always love seeing pete get a little ahead of himself, as he has all season, only to get smacked back to earth. Something inherently missing. like he lacks the gene that allows him to keep shit cool.

Its gonna be fucked up when trixie finds out pete has been slanging dick all over the city and moves to glendale when she leaves him.

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

ALASKA wrote:out side of the weird cuts from scene to scene I really enjoyed that episode.
Roger Sterling directed this episode. Seems like he turned the first year film student artsy-fartsy knob to 11. Or at least he tried to.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

perlman wrote: Roger's "anyone else want to see this go down."
perlman wrote:taking bets and lighting a cigarette
:lol:
it was fucking classic

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Man, I honestly wish Roger would get knocked the fuck out. He's about as bitchmade as Pete is. I can't front, Pete been playing with karma for a minute so he did have that shit coming.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

perlman

Post by perlman »

The fight cut to Street Fighter music, with a special nod to Dudley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnR40pNkIkQ
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

Best moments from this ep for me:

-When Don sits down after arriving at Pete's, talking about his first marriage "in a different lifetime", and then him and Pete share a glance of acknowledgement.

-"You're my King." "Ok."

-Joan taking that kiss like she was doing a duty.

-"Whitman" :grimace: (I had to look up that story)

-Don drawing the noose: just bored or thinking about his bro?

and just seeing Kenny again was kinda nice. He seems like the only character on the show who is content.
the boy is the father to the man

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

great episode, solid season thus far.

the whole theme of pete wanting to be don but being unable to pull it off while don kinda wishes he could go back to the more honest/innocent lifestyle pete has is really interesting.

shit's gonna hit the fan in and/or outside of the office within the next episode or two. slow burn like a muh

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Pretty episode. The fight scene was hilarious, especially Roger's expression when Pete says "Do you want to take your teeth out or should I knock them out?"
I thought for a second that with the reference during the dinner party about Pete still having a gun at the office that Pete was gonna either go suicidal and and shoot himself or else shoot Layne after the fight happened.

DJ Primate

Post by DJ Primate »

perfectprism wrote:
-"Whitman" :grimace: (I had to look up that story)

-Don drawing the noose: just bored or thinking about his bro?
I like the subtle hints at his past... foreshadowing perhaps?

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

Who knows. This show is so hard to read.

I also liked Don's drink order of "big and brown"
the boy is the father to the man

Kelron

Post by Kelron »

This season is garbage. The writing and directing got amateurish. Forcing Don to get married because Jan Jones is out on maternity did not help things. The musical cues, where there have been close to none the entire series, are pissing me off!
"the plot thickens like the Dickens giving whoopins and lickins when you're not looking"

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

I like that Cooper called out Don on his recent work ethic which is good because happily married Don is starting to fuckin annoy me. Dude needs to be in their closing these clients instead of taking his bitch to a Howard Johnson.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

:jiz:

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

What a BIZARRE episode. Loved it.

Roger on LSD was fantastic; the cigarette shrinking down quickly with the horn sound made me :lol:.

I want a handjob from Peggy like yesterday.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Roger on LSD was the high point of that episode. Funny how that was all about Peggy, Don, and Roger seperating more from their loved ones. And :lol: about Don being extra exicted about eating at a Howard Johnson's hotel. You'd think after all the money and other shit he's probably had access to, it would've been something more upscale. And :lol: at leaving her there and getting scared about it.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

these past couple episodes have been great TV. really nicely structured.

roger sterling in particular is killing it.

i appreciated don's renewed focus on business last night, though even that was only because of the wife. even so it was good that he was put in his place a bit at the endג€”hopefully it (along with the talking-to from cooper) will lead to a renewed focus on business and less of his entire life revolving around the new wife and him acting like a bitch for it.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

you guys think that sally tells don or megan or someone about roger and megan's mom or that it doesn't result in later drama?

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

post-LSD roger sterling is keeping me in this season.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

samdoom wrote:you guys think that sally tells don or megan or someone about roger and megan's mom or that it doesn't result in later drama?
don't think it will ever come up again.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Julius Seizure wrote:
samdoom wrote:you guys think that sally tells don or megan or someone about roger and megan's mom or that it doesn't result in later drama?
don't think it will ever come up again.
Agreed. It's clear that the Frenchie's family is already mega fucked, there's no real need for further drama there. This episode was about Sally becoming an adult and seeing the bullshit she's been shielded from til now. She's actually become a very interesting character over the course of the series.

Sterling has been fantastic all season long, it's great to see him get his mojo back. The LSD thing could have been pretty trite, but it seems to have played well into the show thusfar.

It was interesting to see Don's wife actually contribute something to the company for once. That's been lacking, and it was creating a huge rift within the office. I feel like it's a short-term thing.

I think this season is trucking along nicely.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

Pretty sure glen has a BJ coming his way in the near future. That's the only way this event will resurface.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

not related to this episode more the whole season, but is it just me or has the music/score taken on a different more cinematic feel to it? it feels very 1970s drama soundtracky.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I echo all the Roger LSD comments, the cig/horn shit was LOL

go show go
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

just viewed at the codfish ball

seemed like filler but enjoyed the progression of don and prodigy wife; like peggy and joan, relationships are evolving