Alice In Wonderland FULL TRAILER

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Alice In Wonderland FULL TRAILER

Post by drizzle »

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/aliceinwonderland/

is tim burton just shooting acid directly into his dick at this point or what

still, kinda feels like a slightly weirder version of narnia, which isn't really a good thing
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

i cant waaaaaaaait for this. tim burton is in my top 5 fave directors i think.

None

Post by None »

malpractice wrote:i cant waaaaaaaait for this. tim burton is in my top 5 fave directors i think.
This should be surprising.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

looks fucking awesome

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah this looks a lot better than I thought it would judging from the early screenshots.
Much heavier use of CGI than I was expecting, i don't know how you would describe the look of it, almost like a painting...i like it a lot.
Bonham Carter's forehead is off-putting though. Shit is just silly.

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

None wrote:
malpractice wrote:i cant waaaaaaaait for this. tim burton is in my top 5 fave directors i think.
This should be surprising.
i love his inspired visual style and his subject matter. tim burton is great. most of my fave directors have very distinct styles.

i cant help it that goths ruined him for everybody else.

hell0maryjane

Post by hell0maryjane »

Balzac wrote:looks fucking awesome

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

is it a sequel? The Mad Hatter says "glad you are back alice, I'd recognize you anywhere." What does that mean? Maybe I'm not up on all the lore, but I thought AIW was her first visit.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Trademark wrote:is it a sequel? The Mad Hatter says "glad you are back alice, I'd recognize you anywhere." What does that mean? Maybe I'm not up on all the lore, but I thought AIW was her first visit.
i think she returns to him after drinking that potion that makes her real small?

i'm a little fuzzy on the storyline myself; its been a while

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

It seems like this might be loosely based on the video game Alice maybe? the game takes place years later when she's in her teens and the Red Queen has gone apeshit all over the place and wonderland's turned to shit.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Trademark wrote:Is it a sequel? The Mad Hatter says "glad you are back Alice, I'd recognize you anywhere." What does that mean? Maybe I'm not up on all the lore, but I thought Alice in Wonderland was her first visit.
Balzac wrote:I think she returns to him after drinking that potion that makes her real small? I'm a little fuzzy on the storyline myself; its been a while.
odium-LSC wrote:It seems like this might be loosely based on the videogame Alice maybe? The game takes place years later when she's in her teens and the Red Queen has gone ape shit all over the place and Wonderland's turned to shit.
I noticed that it does look like it has a few similarities to the game. And there was a rumor dating years back that either American McGee was gonna make an actual Alice movie based on the game or that Tim Burton was going to do the film in an American McGee-esque way. I think both of those statements are largely just talk and coincidence though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/

Plot: The nineteen year old Alice returns to the magical world from her childhood adventure, where she reunites with her old friends and learns of her true destiny: to end the Red Queen's reign of terror.

I think what they are doing with it is saying that she went to Wonderland originally when she was nine but now it's ten years later and she doesn't really remember anything from her first visit.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

^^ sounds an awful lot like the game to me

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

theres a game?????

None

Post by None »

Trademark wrote:theres a game?????
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGee's_Alice

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

from what i've read, it takes place after Alice has already visited Wonderland before. so i guess you can say it's a sequel...

None

Post by None »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9POCgSRVvf0&re ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9POCgSRVvf0&re ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

UK trailer actually looks good.

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

the uk trailer just broke my brain. i cannot wait.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Saw this last night, it was pretty good but nothing special.

The White Queen was distractingly ugly.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

saw this tonight. Took my chick and two young sisters to see it. I thought it sucked. Sisters seemed to like it.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dat piff

Post by dat piff »

im getting blazed tomorrow (well technically today) and seeing this shit in the IMAX 3D... should be interesting.. hope lil kids like a high dat piff
ImageImageImage

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

dat piff wrote:im getting blazed tomorrow (well technically today) and seeing this shit in the IMAX 3D... should be interesting.. hope lil kids like a high dat piff
Me and my chick smuggled in a 6 pack of bottles. I had already downeded about 5 corona's. on two different occasions I accidentally kicked over the empty bottles that i had placed on the ground. The place was one huge slope towards the front. You could hear the bottles rolling down for a good min haha.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dat piff

Post by dat piff »

the dead poet wrote:
dat piff wrote:im getting blazed tomorrow (well technically today) and seeing this shit in the IMAX 3D... should be interesting.. hope lil kids like a high dat piff
Me and my chick smuggled in a 6 pack of bottles. I had already downeded about 5 corona's. on two different occasions I accidentally kicked over the empty bottles that i had placed on the ground. The place was one huge slope towards the front. You could hear the bottles rolling down for a good min haha.
:rofl: nice
ImageImageImage

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

the dead poet wrote:
Goddamn, a sixer? lol.

I'll rock a flask on occasion, always good fun and alot easier than what you had to go through.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

FUCKING AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!

christopher walken

Post by christopher walken »

Trademark wrote:FUCKING AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!
Really? I just saw it in 3-D at the "sort-of" IMAX. I thought it was a fucking snoozefest, outside of the usual Tim Burton visual goodness. I'm giving it like a 6.5 out of 10, and that's generous.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

I have two daughters and this was basically a girl power film, I guess I liked that more than most. I do agree CW, very typical Burton, but the 3D and amazing visuals were damn good....

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

If you didn't get a moviemaking boner when she was walking on the faces, you are a faggit!

dat piff

Post by dat piff »

just saw it yesterday at the IMAX 3D and it was pretty good.. didn't look like it would be too dated early like some of his work.. overall i like it
ImageImageImage

ric

Post by ric »

highly enjoyable. im glad he didnt try to make it an epic like seems to be happening to every movie lately

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

a couple friends of mine watched this movie Saturday night on shrooms. I don't trust their "greatest movie ever" review. :lol:. for all i know, a trip to the bathroom was the greatest movie ever too.

i'll be watching this tonight...