South Park - Season 14

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

South Park - Season 14

Post by Truth. »

starts tommorow

Episode 1 - "Sexual Healing"

The nation's top scientists come together to put a stop to the recent phenomenon of rich, successful men who suddenly want to have sex with many, many women. After extensive testing, some of the fourth grade boys in South Park Elementary are diagnosed as sex addicts.

Code: Select all

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YIIB7RE6
Episode 2 - "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs"

The boys are given a controversial book to read in school that both
excites and inspires them to write one of their own. When the boys
discover that Stan's mom has found their masterpiece, their new
motivation is how they can stay out of trouble.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3A2F6LZB
Episode 3 - "Medicinal Fried Chicken"

State Law in Colorado says it's legal to smoke pot if you have a physician's reference. Randy is the first-in-line to buy some but he's turned away because there's absolutely nothing wrong with him. Randy is desperate to get a medical excuse to smoke some weed but meanwhile, Cartman will do anything to get his beloved fried chicken restaurant back.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4GU2SVO
Last edited by Truth. on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

finally
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Damn that's crazy that this show is 14 seasons deep already.

thryle

Post by thryle »

just one more day :)

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Kiran187 wrote:Damn that's crazy that this show is 14 seasons deep already.
i remember the alien probe debut in 1996 when i was in middle school. certainly never thought it was be around for this long.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

I thought last season was their best one since season 8

like the simpsons, SP was at its absolute best from 4-8, declined each year from 9-12(though none were as bad as the vomit fest that is season 2) before recovering

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

I'm not with u on that. Thought it kept getting better up to eleven and twelve and it's still going. I'm just a very positive person.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Episode 1 sounds promising. :gyeah:

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Season 12 is far and away the worst season. The show suffered from trying too hard to stay topical and wound up becoming overabundantly esoteric. They did a 2 parter on Pan-American flute bands and unless you're from LA or ride the 4/5/6 in NYC (which I do) I can't imagine finding any way to enjoy it.

Season 13 was the best season since 8. The got to the core of the kids being kids again, flushed out the rest of the town and just got ridiculously consistent. Season 2 has some incredible episodes that hold up ("Chicken Lover" for instance) but much of it doesn't really resonate because the show had different aims them.

Season 10 is fantastic as well. "Stanley's Cup" may be my favorite episode.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

weird that you're randomly critical of season 12... i've never been to LA or NY and that two part episode was hilarious to me
POSITIVE ENERGY
1. Nas
2. Drake

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

just bought season 13 on dvd tonight to complete my collection. I was wondering if and when they were gonna do 14. Awesome news
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Who knows when this show will end

they are making a shit ton of money, an episode only takes a week to make, they have infinite stories to use, i don't see it ending any time soon

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

when butters was a pimp, that was an instaclassic to me.

battlecatmeowstab212

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:weird that you're randomly critical of season 12... i've never been to LA or NY and that two part episode was hilarious to me
POSITIVE ENERGY
I'm not randomly critical of it, it's just a halfassed season. It seems for all the attention they got for Imaginationland, they subconsciously tried to channel the same tie-in to nostalgia for either current events and it just wasn't as effective. The story structure would lack jokes, then stuffing a bunch of jokes in overloaded it and dragged the story and many episodes just felt incomplete. I found out later that Trey Parker was sick for the majority of this season and wasn't firing on all cylinders, so that might have had an effect. It's also the one season that didn't have a runaway awesome episode that got everyone talking or go into some great risk that would either be feast or famine. With the season runs usually backloaded (as it takes them an episode or two to get back into the South Park groove) season 12 is just kind of a plateau. It's still funny as I'm a diehard and think all the seasons are funny, but it's the least satisfying of the bunch.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:They did a 2 parter on Pan-American flute bands and unless you're from LA or ride the 4/5/6 in NYC (which I do) I can't imagine finding any way to enjoy it.
that's just not true. i've seen these bands all over the place. i've even seen one in the south of france
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

thinly veiled 'i been to the south of france'

fair enough battlecats, i can't really differentiate in my head which are from 11, 12 etc anyway

ps it's south american pan-flute band not pan american
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

:icon:
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms: ... com:267107" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=forum.dvdtalk.com&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

battlecatmeowstab212

drizzle wrote:
battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:They did a 2 parter on Pan-American flute bands and unless you're from LA or ride the 4/5/6 in NYC (which I do) I can't imagine finding any way to enjoy it.
that's just not true. i've seen these bands all over the place. i've even seen one in the south of france
I was using some hyperbole there. Point being, most people don't know these irritating groups exist. It was one of the most widely heralded "not funny" episodes of the Park.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:weird that you're randomly critical of season 12... i've never been to LA or NY and that two part episode was hilarious to me
POSITIVE ENERGY
I'm not randomly critical of it, it's just a halfassed season. It seems for all the attention they got for Imaginationland, they subconsciously tried to channel the same tie-in to nostalgia for either current events and it just wasn't as effective. The story structure would lack jokes, then stuffing a bunch of jokes in overloaded it and dragged the story and many episodes just felt incomplete. I found out later that Trey Parker was sick for the majority of this season and wasn't firing on all cylinders, so that might have had an effect. It's also the one season that didn't have a runaway awesome episode that got everyone talking or go into some great risk that would either be feast or famine. With the season runs usually backloaded (as it takes them an episode or two to get back into the South Park groove) season 12 is just kind of a plateau. It's still funny as I'm a diehard and think all the seasons are funny, but it's the least satisfying of the bunch.
you're huffin cat piss

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

That was one of those eps that i fully agree with it's message but I didn't laugh that much.
The monkey raping was pretty funny though.

ayentee

Post by ayentee »

the video game sequences had me dyin
lyricist/beat-maker/gamer/hermit

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Rapelisburger was a good touch
UBM CD COMING SOON

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Dope opener (nh).

"Yeah, EA Sports really outdid themselves this time."

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

there is a turd in the punchbowl :lol:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

ardamus wrote:there is a turd in the punchbowl :lol:

squareboy

Post by squareboy »

i feel like south park and family guy had a head-on collision. bodies are everywhere, blood spills out of the wreckage; and yet i just can't turn away. that episode was BAD!

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Nl5H wrote:when butters was a pimp, that was an instaclassic to me.
Could someone tell me what episode that was? I'd like to see it.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Crappy Pants

Post by Crappy Pants »

shadowmaster wrote:
Nl5H wrote:when butters was a pimp, that was an instaclassic to me.
Could someone tell me what episode that was? I'd like to see it.
S13E9 Butters' Bottom Bitch

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

link for uncensored rip of 1st episode added