The Dark Knight Rises - July 20, 2012

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Truth.

The Dark Knight Rises - July 20, 2012

Post by Truth. »

should be a dope summer at the theatre, atleast we get one last one before we all perish
The Hollywood Reporterג€™s Heat Vision blog has confirmed that Christopher Nolanג€™s next and final Batman film will open July 20, 2012. Presently in postproduction on ג€œInception,ג€ Nolan is working on the story for the as-yet-untitled Batman film with writer David Goyer.

Also slated for release in the summer of 2012 are Marvelג€™s ג€œThe Avengersג€ (May 4), Paramountג€™s sequel to the rebooted ג€œStar Trekג€ (June 29) and the first of Sonyג€™s new series of Spider-Man films (July 3).
Last edited by Truth. on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

hope it's better than the first two.
:megaman:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:hope it's better than the first two.
faggot.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

it'll be hard to improve upon the best movie of all time

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

i hope they let christian bale act this time
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Truth. wrote:it'll be hard to improve upon the best movie of all time

yep. So are there any solid facts on who is going to be the villain?

citizen

Post by citizen »

anything on this would be speculation, i remember how crispin glover was going to be the joker for about a year

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

odium-LSC wrote:
faggot.
wigga, i been collecting Batman since the mid 80's, WIGGA

this is Hollywood shizen. whateverrr

Christian Bale is a pretty bad Batman.

WORST VOICE EVER. STILL.

WORST BATMOBILE. FUCK YOUR UGLY ATV TANK.

shit is alternate dimension Batman. makes me wish for Jim Carrey and Schwarzenegger again. if they could make a movie somewhere between the two, the Batman franchise might be like the first movie again and actually be GOOD.

:wutang:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Yeah, I've been collecting batman on and off since the mid-late 80's as well. What, you prefer George Clooney? Christian Bale's batman voice is pretty laughable but the movies themselves are pretty unfuckwitable.

kato

Post by kato »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
odium-LSC wrote:
faggot.

Batman never drove a tank like vehicle?

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

jesus mindbender is a giant faggot.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:makes me wish for Jim Carrey and Schwarzenegger again.
:larry:

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

:LOL: You think Dark Knight is a shitty movie because Batmans car doesn't look like the one in your comicbooks?
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

bale voice is a joke, and i also dislike the new batmobile, but dark knight is a fantastic movie.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Comedy Quaddafi wrote::LOL: You think Dark Knight is a shitty movie because Batmans car doesn't look like the one in your comicbooks?
there are SO many reasons why I dislike the liberties taken by Nolan as a director and redefiner of the Batman world. The Dark Knight is a nightmare of a movie for me, and I've never watched it once in its entirety. I either fall asleep, or turn it off. I have seen it though, after like 5 attempts. And WHY don't I like either new Batman movie? let me count thee ways:

~they fucked with the origin story... AGAIN. :wtf:
~if Heath Ledger didn't die, his Joker wouldn't be so revered. It was great, but not unfuckwittable. Jack Nicholson had some magic that needs to be remembered. "I am the world's first, fully functional, homicidal artist. I make art until somebody dies!" / "Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives. But remember, as my plastic surgeon always said: if you gotta go, go with a smile!" :ironmike: / To Vicki Vale: "It's as though we were made for each other. Beauty and the beast. Of course, if anyone else calls you a beast, I'll rip their lungs out." / "Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?" :rockout:
~Batman's love interest story was wack. (I shouldn't NOT care that Maggie Gyllenhal got smoked.)
~Two-Face wavered between god awfully comical to pitch perfect homicidal. When Aaron Eckhart was in the hospital bed screaming like a retarded banshee, I almost wanted to walk out the theater.
~the new "Batcave" sucks shitballs. (they couldn't come up with something better after the first one burned down? a big room designed on the backlot of The Matrix? GTFOH)
~ALL the fight scenes SUCK. seriously, they fucking suck shit. Nolan can't come up with a SINGLE really cool action sequence that resonates on a historical level like "slo-mo bullet time" or the stunning vertigo inducing climax of 'Speed Racer', or anything really memorable. sorry, that's just how i saw it.

Joker burning a mountain of money isn't really that special. and his climax/finale was such a non-event. as was Two Face's.

the best part of that movie is the Joker killing a dude with a pencil.
it was all downhill from there for me. :copy:

that Batcycle was cool, I guess.
and Lucius Fox was decent as the weapons designer.
but I can't think of too many redeeming factors of those movies. I just don't like what they did. Doesn't feel like Batworld to me.

and in some ways, I DO prefer George Clooney as Bruce Wayne. But the best one I still think is Michael Keaton, directed by Tim Burton. If they had 2010's Hollywood budget/aesthetic, I'd take that Batman movie over this Bale/Nolan shit in a heartbeat.

yeah I said it :ignore:

this is interesting:
Robin Williams was considered for the role of The Joker; he would later be considered for The Riddler as well. Jack Nicholson got the role of The Joker but demanded top-billing and a lucrative deal that gave him royalties on all merchandise.

Willem Dafoe, David Bowie, John Lithgow, Tim Curry, and James Woods, were considered for The Joker.
Batman, as it is, could be better.

kato

Post by kato »

kato wrote:
odium-LSC wrote:
faggot.

Tank from Miller's The Dark Knight Returns
Last edited by kato on Sun May 02, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kato

Post by kato »

and in some ways, I DO prefer George Clooney as Bruce Wayne. But the best one I still think is Michael Keaton

Bale has played Bruce Wayne perfectly, while Keaton has played the Batman perfectly...

get fuck out of here with Clooney...

Also, what didn't you like about Begins/TDK origins?

I thought it was better than Burton having the Joker kill batman's parents...talk about fucking with the origins...

alpha

Post by alpha »

Mindbender, thread ain't about you faggot. your opinion sucks. please stop sharing it in this thread

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Some people just shouldn't be allowed to share their opinions.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

after reading this thread and then the losers thread, one can come to the conclusion that mindbender's taste in movies are black hole suck.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:after reading any of his posts, one can come to the conclusion that mindbender's taste in everything are black hole suck.
fixed.

supnick

Post by supnick »

does mindbender even watch community

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

As I think I nerdily mentioned in the original Dark Knight thread, and for whatever it's worth, I do think that Bane is imitating or attempting to imitate Batman's voice as described in the comics. Batman reportedly created a gruff, growling voice based on various jungle cats to inspire a primal fear in his enemies--I can't cite the specific comics, but it's one of the trillion Year One spinoffs and gets referenced from time to time. However, no other live action Batman actor tried that before and with good reason: it sounds ridiculous.

supnick

Post by supnick »

i love it

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Reggie wrote:As I think I nerdily mentioned in the original Dark Knight thread, and for whatever it's worth, I do think that Bane is imitating or attempting to imitate Batman's voice as described in the comics. Batman reportedly created a gruff, growling voice based on various jungle cats to inspire a primal fear in his enemies--I can't cite the specific comics, but it's one of the trillion Year One spinoffs and gets referenced from time to time. However, no other live action Batman actor tried that before and with good reason: it sounds ridiculous.
this.

you can hate my opinions all you want. i don't see any logical reasons for doing so, other than that they come from me. which is all you need, right? :retard:

i have very clearly laid out reasons why i don't think this Batman is as good as elements in Batman movies of the past, or other great action movies. until Bale/Nolan get it right (which they probably won't), then fuck this shit, and good work Hollywood: way to go fucking up a bunch of classic elements from one of the best comic books of all time.
kato wrote:
kato wrote:
odium-LSC wrote:
faggot.

Tank from Miller's The Dark Knight Returns
...set in the far future, where Batman is like 65 years old, and Robin is a girl.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

i could honestly care less that your opinions come from you. but trying to think this out logically, where else would your opinions come from?

it's just that i find my opinions always differing from yours. and my opinion is always right.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:i could honestly care less that your opinions come from you. but trying to think this out logically, where else would your opinions come from?

it's just that i find my opinions always differing from yours. and my opinion is always right.
:epic:

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

supnick wrote:does mindbender even watch community
:lol: :lol:
moved by duck muscles

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Batman hate?