Game of Thrones - Season 2 - TV Discussion Thread (NSFW)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Gregg Popabitch

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - TV Discussion Thread (NSFW)

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Delete or merge if there is one already...

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzVSchaagNg?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzVSchaagNg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I can't be anymore cysed for this.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

previous trailers went in the old season thread so lets keep this live

i'm about 20 pages away from finishing the first book, and rapidly rewatching the last season while at it

kinda really torn on whether i should keep reading and follow into the second book and then watch s02, or just watch s02 as it starts to air.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Just getting into s01. Me likey.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dku_Uya8Ygc?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dku_Uya8Ygc?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
didn't watch it yet but i believe this aired on HBO last sunday
need to rewatch s1
cysed
moved by duck muscles

alpha

Post by alpha »

LilLeftBrain wrote:<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dku_Uya8Ygc?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dku_Uya8Ygc?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
didn't watch it yet but i believe this aired on HBO last sunday
need to rewatch s1
cysed
it was pretty much a recap of season 1.
can not be more excited

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

SPOILERS
joffry get raped by dragons

on the real though stark spirit may inspire scottish nationalism to the point that they secede from the UK
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

So excited.
Insane how much better the show was watching it a second time, just catching all the small details that are hidden everywhere and knowing who everyone is in advance makes for a much better experience overall, even when subtracting the initial wow factor of the first watch.

Fucking stoked for dragons and to see the Nights Watch go beyond the wall.

Gregg Popabitch

OMG WHITE WALKERS!!!!

I CANT WAIT I CANT WAIT I CANT WAIT

Gregg Popabitch

btw, we can all admit that this is 3 million times better than the Lord of the Rings movies so far, right?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

ya

lord of the rings is boring after part 1
they had doper monsters tho
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:btw, we can all admit that this is 3 million times better than the Lord of the Rings movies so far, right?
not even close

lotr is cinema on the grandest scale, and as much as i love thrones it's small screen limitations are obvious at every turn. if you pay close attention scene by scene it's shocking how cheap some of the sets look and amazing that HBO gets away with it. the story and acting carry this a loooong way

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

drizzle wrote:i'm about 20 pages away from finishing the first book, and rapidly rewatching the last season while at it

kinda really torn on whether i should keep reading and follow into the second book and then watch s02, or just watch s02 as it starts to air.
Were you able to figure out who Jon Snow's real parents are?

I could understand why you wouldn't want the book to spoil the show for you, so after each episode of Season 2, it might be a good idea to read the corresponding chapters in Clash Of Kings.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:btw, we can all admit that this is 3 million times better than the Lord of the Rings movies so far, right?
too early and not really fair to compare them, tv is an easier digestible format and one has the advantage of tits and excessive violence

Gregg Popabitch

Tommy Bunz wrote:
too early and not really fair to compare them, tv is an easier digestible format and one has the advantage of tits and excessive violence
understandable.

However, story wise....I just find Game of Thrones so much more entertaining. I feel like there are a million things happening at once and all of those things are engaging.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

LOTR blew besides the 1st movie in the trilogy, I would go even so far as to say Matrix Trilogy(Which also blew after the 1st movie) > LOTR Trilogy.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Almost should create an entire separate thread for people who have read the books and keep all that shit in one place.
Last year we were tiptoeing the spoiler line way too often.
Thoughts?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

necessary. maybe even put the book thread in a separate forum to obviate cross contamination.
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

make it so

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Cysed.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

OK the thread for the people who have read the books and want to discuss spoilers has been made and I renamed this one as well just to make it more obvious.
Thread will be modded judiciously from here on out.

citizen

Post by citizen »

pretty excited but i think i did get most of the eps from megaupload last season, hope i can find some linkages

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

citizen wrote:pretty excited but i think i did get most of the eps from megaupload last season, hope i can find some linkages
Can't you download torrents from eztv.it? This is how everyone I know gets their episodes.

citizen

Post by citizen »

Yohan wrote:
citizen wrote:pretty excited but i think i did get most of the eps from megaupload last season, hope i can find some linkages
Can't you download torrents from eztv.it? This is how everyone I know gets their episodes.
i've never messed with torrents

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

If I get the time I will see what I can do about setting up some kind of share for the new episodes. I pay for a download service and can get the episodes right after they air usually. I will try to figure something out.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

rapidshares not too shabby nowadays
probably the best of the free services since megauploads demise
moved by duck muscles

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Roy Johnson wrote:
drizzle wrote:i'm about 20 pages away from finishing the first book, and rapidly rewatching the last season while at it

Were you able to figure out who Jon Snow's real parents are?
is there anything else in the further books about this? i'm guessing no, since anyone who might actually know the truth is dead after the first book. if that's indeed the case then i think i have a good guess about what you're implying. i haven't read that link you posted, but i have been keeping an eye out for random mentions in the book that could be helpful.

wheels

Post by wheels »

It's all over the place, in all the books. Once you realize you should be asking who Snow's parents are, you'll pick up on it a lot more. I made it through three without really caring about it, then I noticed a couple things in the TV series that made me go back and pay attention.

You could really just read/watch the whole thing without ever giving a fuck if you were so inclined.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

my guess is he's a rapespawn of ed stark's sister and that targayrean prince that kidnapped her

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

So yall like confusing as Game of Thrones more than LOTR????

And yall say my taste suck? This shit is like a coalition of wack movie/tv show lovers muthafuckas.

Yeah, I said it.

Will watch this on On Demand tonight. Please be better than last season.

alpha

Post by alpha »

:lol: