Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

naturalborn103

Re: Official Breaking Bad Season 5 Thread.

Post by naturalborn103 »

Anyone in the show going to end up in a good place at the end? I am guessing Hank fired and Jesse dead.

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

how many episodes left? i dont think my nerves can take it.

also, based on many of the comments in this thread, i think i need to check out the wire.

ripnrun

Post by ripnrun »

perabigail wrote:
ripnrun wrote:Jesse's flipping doesn't work for me at all.. All this "He is the DEVIL" shit only because of that lily of the valley poisoning.. like what the fuck.
you can't be serious. "only" because he poisoned his girlfriends son. i would say that would be enough. but it's not just about that. he's watched walt turn into this monster who is so egotistical and cold-blooded that he will do anything to save himself. let's not forget him basically forcing jesse to kill gale, blowing up a nursing home, having saul call his brother in-law to tell him that his wife was in a car accident, showing no remorse at all after the dirtbike kid got killed, killing mike and lying to his face about it, etc. i'm probably missing like 20 other things. i think for a long time jesse either believed all of walt's bullshit, or if he didn't, he wanted to.

once hank found that walt whitman book, he put it all together and started realizing his involvement in everything. jesse had the same kind of realization once he had the ricin cigarette epiphany; that everything walt has ever said was bullshit and that he's the worst fucking person ever. walt has all but ruined jesse's life, so if you can't understand why he thinks he's the devil, then i guess we're watching two different shows.
Haha, aight, i hear dat. I can understand the rage. Just not on this level, teaming up with Hank and all. Really an anti-climax for me. It's not like Walt manipulated him into cooking meth.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

perter trill
moved by duck muscles

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

perabigail wrote:
ripnrun wrote:Jesse's flipping doesn't work for me at all.. All this "He is the DEVIL" shit only because of that lily of the valley poisoning.. like what the fuck.
you can't be serious. "only" because he poisoned his girlfriends son. i would say that would be enough. but it's not just about that. he's watched walt turn into this monster who is so egotistical and cold-blooded that he will do anything to save himself. let's not forget him basically forcing jesse to kill gale, blowing up a nursing home, having saul call his brother in-law to tell him that his wife was in a car accident, showing no remorse at all after the dirtbike kid got killed, killing mike and lying to his face about it, etc. i'm probably missing like 20 other things. i think for a long time jesse either believed all of walt's bullshit, or if he didn't, he wanted to.

once hank found that walt whitman book, he put it all together and started realizing his involvement in everything. jesse had the same kind of realization once he had the ricin cigarette epiphany; that everything walt has ever said was bullshit and that he's the worst fucking person ever. walt has all but ruined jesse's life, so if you can't understand why he thinks he's the devil, then i guess we're watching two different shows.
He poisoned Brock to save his own life since it was clear to Walt that Jessie was becoming more and more close to Mike/Gus even though they were going to take him out at the start of season 4. Jessie chose to kill Gail to save Walt, mostly out of recognition that Walt had just saved Jessie and killing those thugs with the aztec would lead directly to Gus killing Walt if he had Gail to replace him with. The kid that got shot at the train station was one of Mike's men he brought in, he is responsible for the kids death not Walt, Mike had to be killed or they would both be in jail(Walt would not have killed Mike's guys who were about to turn in jail had Mike been alive cus Mike would have killed Walt.

In still even after turning Walt still is the only guy to 'care' about jessie, Hank gives two shits if Walt kills jessie so long as it brings down Walt.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

:bow: @ hello carol

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

perabigail wrote:

He poisoned Brock to save his own life since it was clear to Walt that Jessie was becoming more and more close to Mike/Gus even though they were going to take him out at the start of season 4.
i'm well aware of why walt poisoned the kid. i don't think jesse gives a shit what walt's reasoning was for doing it, which is the point i'm making.
Jessie chose to kill Gail to save Walt, mostly out of recognition that Walt had just saved Jessie and killing those thugs with the aztec would lead directly to Gus killing Walt if he had Gail to replace him with.
jessie did not "choose" to kill gale. in fact, when walt first called him and said "it has to be you", jessie was adamant in saying there was no way he was going to do that. then when he came to gale's door, he was visibly shaken and didn't want to do it. after the fact, jessie was a wreck. jessie did not on his own accord say "hey you know what, walt saved my life so i'm going to kill gale to save his life". he was high on meth when walt called him and he felt forced. not the same thing.
The kid that got shot at the train station was one of Mike's men he brought in, he is responsible for the kids death not Walt,
thanks for explaining that to me, i had no idea. did you read my post at all? i never said walt was responsible for the kid's death, i said he showed no remorse. specifically, when jessie and walt were cooking in one of the tented houses, walt was whistling some tune immediately after discussing the kid's death and it upset jessie. then in a later episode, walt said that the kid's death "tore him up" and jessie called him on his bullshit and accused him of not caring.
Mike had to be killed or they would both be in jail(Walt would not have killed Mike's guys who were about to turn in jail had Mike been alive cus Mike would have killed Walt.
again, i'm well aware of why he killed mike. and again, i don't think jessie gives a shit what walt's reasoning was.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

You guys are confused. Walt shot Mike because Mike bruised Walt's ego. That's it. If Mike is alive, he would have worked out some way to keep paying his guys and they wouldn't have threatened to flip in the first place.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Combo7 wrote:You guys are confused. Walt shot Mike because Mike bruised Walt's ego. That's it. If Mike is alive, he would have worked out some way to keep paying his guys and they wouldn't have threatened to flip in the first place.
Mike was set to run away in order to escape the law when his men broke.

Jessie was forced to kill Gale just as much as Walt was forced to take out those two gangbangers because Jessie had a deathwish. Jessie takes too much responsibility for some of his actions but circumvents his responsibility for others.
UBM CD COMING SOON

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

*Jesse
moved by duck muscles

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Combo7 wrote:You guys are confused. Walt shot Mike because Mike bruised Walt's ego. That's it. If Mike is alive, he would have worked out some way to keep paying his guys and they wouldn't have threatened to flip in the first place.
Mike's lawyer is the one who broke, not Mike's men.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Combo7 wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Mike's lawyer is the one who broke, not Mike's men.
Yeah, but once the money stopped rolling in it was only a matter of time until his men broke, just like the guy in MIke's crew that Lydia ended up hiring to take out the rest of Mike's guys cus 'he needed money'.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Going off on a bit of a tangent here. The point was that Walt didn't kill Mike for fear of Mike's retaliating after Walt killed Mike's men, Walt killed Mike because Mike pissed him off.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Combo7 wrote:Going off on a bit of a tangent here. The point was that Walt didn't kill Mike for fear of Mike's retaliating after Walt killed Mike's men, Walt killed Mike because Mike pissed him off.
Oh yeah he definitely reacted to Mike saying "You should have known your place" and the fact that Walt had ruined everything, I guess Mike thought Walt should have laid down and let himself and Jesse get off'd by Gus.
UBM CD COMING SOON

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

I'm sort of glad they took time off between these two half seasons. The feel of the series since Hank found out about Walt has been totally different; nobody is buying Walt's bullshit anymore.

The return of catatonic Jesse has been very disappointing, but it was nice that he finally figured out about Brock. Also, that guy who Jesse saw in the square when he was supposed to meet Walt was obviously not going to have anything to do with Walt. At least it brought Jesse back to life, he's a much better character when he's actually interacting with the world around him.

I wonder if Walt will ever reveal that he did nothing to try and save Jesse's girlfriend when she was dying a few seasons ago? That could set Jesse into a revenge filled attack on Walt's family.

Ah, who knows?
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

an-also

Post by an-also »

:ohsh:

Holy fuck. Don't know how to feel right now.

EichTurner

Post by EichTurner »

an-also wrote::ohsh:

Holy fuck. Don't know how to feel right now.
illegal mind shoe lace

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Holy Fuck.

If they're were going to kill Hank they would have done it there right? Guessing this is where Mr. Lambert makes his exit.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Hank and Gomez being shot at for like a minute straight out in the open and not getting hit once was kind of bullshit but other than that :ohsh:

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Apparently Todd's uncle and his nazi gang all shoot like Storm Troopers.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Brougham33 wrote:Holy Fuck.

If they're were going to kill Hank they would have done it there right? Guessing this is where Mr. Lambert makes his exit.
The fact that they had hank outsmart Walt was pretty much his swangsong. No way hank survives this. Poor Gomez :lol:

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

THE ULTIMATE BATTLE FOR WALTER WHITE... TO JAIL OR TO METH COOKING

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ gomi firing the shotgun at people 50+ yards away.. getem gomi!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

cant wait for this week to begin and end.

alpha

Post by alpha »

sick

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

bulletnoholeville
moved by duck muscles

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

Truth. wrote:Hank and Gomez being shot at for like a minute straight out in the open and not getting hit once was kind of bullshit but other than that :ohsh:
well it did look like gomie got hit but yeah.

shit is going to be wild as fuck though. i'm going to assume that hank and gomez both die, and that uncle jack is going to be very unhappy that he was lured out into the desert where two DEA agents were waiting with weapons. walt is in deep shit. what happens with jessie?

Post by 907 »

That was some :ohsh: shit. At least one of the Jessie/Hank/Gomie trio has to be dead, right?
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.