Battlestar Galactica.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

The Afronaut

Battlestar Galactica.

Post by The Afronaut »

So Im sure there's already a thread about this show some where, but it wasnt popping up in the Search Function (feel free to merge this if it can be located)

Alaska mentioning it in the Hannibal thread got me thinking.

Im watching it for the first time (about halfway through Season 3).

Thoughts from those who love the show? Those who hate the show?

Favorite/Least favorite characters/seasons/eps etc?

...You know, the usual shit.

:cas:

Tommy Bunz

Re: Battlestar Galactica.

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Started watching this last year actually. Still need to watch Season 4 though.
Love the shit out of it.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

also started watching this probably last year. mayhap the year before. bounced somewhere in the 4th season for no real reason, was still digging the show but took a break from it and never came back. did however watched the final five or whatever minutes of the show on youtube and i'm not entirely convinced that that could have possibly been the real ending (but no it really was and it made me not feel so bad about bouncing). also recently bounced on the west wing somewhere in the fourth season but plan on seeing that one through, though the later seasons of that show were pissed on far more than the later seasons of bsg. something about those fourth seasons while binging or somesome
moved by duck muscles

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

I really enjoyed it. my hate and love for characters shifted throughout the show with most people, with the exception of Callee and the Indian woman. Fuck they sucked.

i kept hearing a lot about how religious the end was, i actually thought the first 3 seasons were way more religious than the last season, the last season wasnt that religious at all.

overall I would say it was worth the investment. Definitely something worth checking out to fill up those slow summer tv months.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Easily the finest thing to ever come from the SciFi Channel.
If you have the faith and trust in me to skip the last 15 minutes of the finale, it's probably the greatest science fiction series ever.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

Seems like a long time ago since I watched it so my memory's hazy on specific eps I enjoyed, which season that got me completely hooked, etc. It definitely wasn't the 1st season, that shit was slow burn as I was bored many times and was gonna bounce, but so glad I decided to stick with it due to many of my friends vouching for it. In a sense, now that I think about it, it kinda reminds me of HBO's Carnivale a bit.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

season two and three were pretty great.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Finally watching season 4 now.
Was all happy and shit that
Callie
died, cause fuck her but then they went and killed my boo
Dee
for no reason.
Fucking pissed bros.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Tommy Bunz wrote:they went and killed my boo
Dee
for no reason.
Fucking pissed bros.
That was a crazy, crazy and well played moment I thought. I totally did not see that coming.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

have no idea who either of those people are despite watching four seasons so it's safe to say this show'll never get finished off now
moved by duck muscles

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

The Afronaut wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:they went and killed my boo
Dee
for no reason.
Fucking pissed bros.
That was a crazy, crazy and well played moment I thought. I totally did not see that coming.
I didn't see it coming either, but thats cause I thought it was incredibly stupid
Six getting knocked up by the old guy is really dumb too. Apparently Cylons will fuck anyone.
I love the show, but some of the shit seems written just to get a rise out of people and not really in service of the story.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

@TB
It worked for me on the grounds that it illustrated the despair of the some of the people who'd been through the entire ordeal and did not see a way out.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Why are you guys using spoiler tags for a show that's been over for 4 years. That's like spoiler tagging "Wallace dies"

Anyway baltar>>>>

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I spoilered bc almost everyone in the thread still hadn't finished the show when it was made

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

alpha wrote:Why are you guys using spoiler tags for a show that's been over for 4 years. That's like spoiler tagging "Wallace dies"
I swear, whenever I use spoiler tags, I get this, but if I post spoilers I get "no spoilers!"...crazy game out here.
Anyway baltar>>>>
Dude fell off character-wise after his trial. IMO. I never "got" his harem cult.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Baltar's a fag. Have mixed feelings about him getting a happy ending. Would have loved to see him get what was coming to him. Was cheering when Roslin was choking the shit out of him on the Cylon baseship.
Finished this last night. Really enjoyed it. Great show.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Have mixed feelings about him getting a happy ending. Would have loved to see him get what was coming to him.
Especially after how they did my boy Gaeta.

I will admit Gaeta's character arc was well done overall. Just found it amazing how much of Baltar's bs they were willing to forgive in comparison.

Post by 360 »

BSG is in my top 5.

Doc Cottle is that dude.