Donald Glover Is The Worst Comedian/Actor/Rapper On Earth

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Employee
Fast Eddie

Donald Glover Is The Worst Comedian/Actor/Rapper On Earth

Post by Employee »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... lot-757089" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FX Orders Donald Glover Pilot 'Atlanta'

FX is moving forward with its planned Donald Glover comedy. FX Networks announced Friday that it's given a pilot order to Atlanta, a half-hour that the former Community star has been developing since 2013.

"Donald Glover is a uniquely talented actor and performer who brings real-life experience to this subject matter," said FX Networks
:njj: does not approve.

Has anyone seen this guy's Netflix comedy special? Fucking awful. Why do the shittiest, least funny among us land production deals on basic cable?

None

Re: Donald Glover Is The Worst Comedian/Actor/Rapper On Eart

Post by None »

He is a so-so comedian, a pretty awful rapper, but he is a great comedic actor.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I couldn't disagree more as to his comedic acting abilities; I find him to be detestable as a persona and character on Community.

None

Post by None »

Employee wrote:I couldn't disagree more as to his comedic acting abilities; I find him to be detestable as a persona and character on Community.
Obviously we will never see eye to eye on this, so I wish you well on all your future endeavors on the internet.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

None wrote:
Employee wrote:I couldn't disagree more as to his comedic acting abilities; I find him to be detestable as a persona and character on Community.
Obviously we will never see eye to eye on this, so I wish you well on all your future endeavors on the internet.
:rofl:

:lol:
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

he's not a great comedian. he's pretty good at making music tho. embrace it man

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

horrible comedian. ok comedic actor when he isn't trying too hard, which is rare. painfully average rapper and easily would be the 9th best :phila: rapper on here if he posted.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Philaflava wrote:easily would be the 9th best :phila: rapper on here if he posted.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

I didn't have my finger on the pulse of the :phila: when Because The Internet dropped last year. What was the general view on it? I was pleasantly surprised. It hasn't aged all that well, but I wouldn't mind hearing another project from Glover. Never heard of any of his material prior to Because The Internet btw.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by 907 »

So he's a shitty comedic actor because you don't like the character he plays on Community? Okay.

He was great as young Tracy Jordan on the live 30 Rock ep he was in.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

He's a great actor and Community hasn't been the same without him.
But fuck him for saying he couldn't do community anymore because he wanted to focus on his shitty music career and then going and doing another show.

hustler

Post by hustler »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Image
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Tommy Bunz wrote:He's a great actor and Community hasn't been the same without him.
But fuck him for saying he couldn't do community anymore because he wanted to focus on his shitty music career and then going and doing another show.
As I understand it, it was motivated less by music / $$$ & more by integrity , ethics. If you've read his stuff or watched his interviews you can see he has been pushing the #newblack movement (pioneered by Pharrel) heavily. Quite interesting actually, especially seeing how he was playing a token black dude.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Good rapper, great comedy actor shitty comedian.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

ChaMerZ wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:He's a great actor and Community hasn't been the same without him.
As I understand it, it was motivated less by music / $$$ & more by integrity , ethics. If you've read his stuff or watched his interviews you can see he has been pushing the #newblack movement (pioneered by Pharrel) heavily. Quite interesting actually, especially seeing how he was playing a token black dude.
He plays literally the opposite of a token black dude in Community.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

ChaMerZ wrote:As I understand it, it was motivated less by music / $$$ & more by integrity , ethics. If you've read his stuff or watched his interviews you can see he has been pushing the #newblack movement (pioneered by Pharrel) heavily.
I must have missed something, i just figured he quit to focus on music simply put. What is this newblack movement shit?

Was also unaware he had another show he was working on? Strange.

I like dude's acting. Some friends of mine directed a video game commercial with him and pudi doing classic troy and abed. made me all misty eyed. Curious to check for more from him.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

ChaMerZ wrote:
None wrote:

http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

he's not a good comedian at all.

but i really enjoy the shit out of his comedic acting and music.

he absolutely tore the house down at governor's ball this year. i really wasn't expecting much at all and in fact, i was expecting to dislike it but he pretty much murdered it.

Willie B

Post by Willie B »

the dead poet wrote:
ChaMerZ wrote:
None wrote: