Game Of Thrones S6

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

alpha

Re: Game Of Thrones S6

Post by alpha »

Pretty cool. I can work with that. I mean Hodor.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

drizzle wrote:kinda like this Hodor theory

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-05- ... -new-light" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
didn't they say he got kicked in the head by a horse during season 1? Or it might have been in the first book (I only read the first one).
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

^sounds like an excuse/metaphorical way to explain the warg thing tho

alternative theory: he knew the truth about jon snow so ned smacked him pretty hard
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

yo I'm lost in the sauce on some awesomely crackpot book reader theories on reddit, motherfuckers got quite the imagination out there

my favorite ones:

- Roose Bolton is an immortal vampire-something creature that has been wearing other people's skins to hide as a succession of Dreadfort lords for thousands of years (obv they came up with this one before last episode). I love this but there's no real evidence for it except the dude is just written as very creepy and says weird shit sometimes.

- The High Sparrow is actually Howland Reed (Jojen and Meera's dad / Ned's old homie), who's been deep undercover as a priest, roaming the kingdom's to raise grassroots support for an anti-Lannister uprising, and eventually came to King's landing to stage the revolt there and undermine whoever is there. This one is actually not entirely implausible, about 33% possible maybe. There's some half-decent circumstantial evidence for this, nothing concrete though.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

is howland supposed to show up in this season?

throughout the books he always seems to be a key to something since hes always vaguely reffered to (in the show/books) and never directly involved.

obviously were going to see a young howland this sunday tho..

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

wouldn't Jaime have had come into contact with Howland or maybe seen him during Robert's Rebellion?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
blastmaster wrote:I just hate all things Dorne.
Even this?
AZN Dorne girl is my fav.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Ramen wrote:wouldn't Jaime have had come into contact with Howland or maybe seen him during Robert's Rebellion?
Possibly. He was on the opposite side of the rebellion and would've likely been with the Mad King the entire time, up until the point that he killed him... but we do know Jaime and Ned crossed paths in the aftermath so maybe he would know Ned's people too.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

going back and rewatching from the beginning, pretty interesting having the insight of the outcome of the moves each character made.

I also forgot a lot of stuff that happened.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Some really strong writing and acting in this last episode. jk. it was awful.
That aside, I was thinking, it someone murks tomen (sp?), who's next in line to be king?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Tyrion's character going downhill real quick.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

Blockhead wrote:That aside, I was thinking, it someone murks tomen (sp?), who's next in line to be king?
Since the only known descendant is off rowing a boat somewhere, the Baratheon line would be dead, so unless there's a claim from some random cousin, it would revert back to the Targaryan line meaning either Daenarys or RLJ

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^who's RLJ?
Ramen wrote:Tyrion's character going downhill real quick.
scene with gayworm and misandry was terrible til varys walked in. I'm hella with misandry's genocidal instincts tho, i been saying kill the masters from the start.
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Ramen wrote:going back and rewatching from the beginning
Make sure you don't impulsively yell something to fuck up the past/future/infinite paradoxical time plane.
1. Nas
2. Drake

CarlosDelgothoes

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^who's RLJ?

scene with gayworm and misandry was terrible til varys walked in. I'm hella with misandry's genocidal instincts tho, i been saying kill the masters from the start.
Jon Snow

there's at least one of these scenes in every show. First ep it was the wild and crazy Dothraki bros commin up with sweet listicles. Second ep it was Tyrion the dragon charmer. Third ep it was the aforementioned and some old dude farting at the sight of zomie Mountain.

predicting the forth ep will have a scene where Bran wargs into the mind of the Giant and makes him breakdance to California Love, leveling Winterfell to the ground.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
Blockhead wrote:That aside, I was thinking, it someone murks tomen (sp?), who's next in line to be king?
Since the only known descendant is off rowing a boat somewhere, the Baratheon line would be dead, so unless there's a claim from some random cousin, it would revert back to the Targaryan line meaning either Daenarys or RLJ
Technically it's something like this, but even that's thin as fuck, Targaryans were routed several decades ago and their loyalists have moved on or been wiped out. The people who've been secretely scheming for their return are all overseas or out of power (like Varys). And in practice nobody powerful is gonna go looking for a Targaryan if Tommen dies, they're gonna go looking for some bannermen to support their own claim to the throne. It would basically be another bloodbath. At this point Highgarden would probably take it, they have the most money and soldiers on hand.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^but no one to reign -- their next gen is locked up/gay dude possibly murdered

I don't subscribe to endless discussions of legitimacy. Ultimately realpolitik prevails -- that's the major message of this show.

*realpolitik or magik
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

CarlosDelgothoes wrote: predicting the forth ep will have a scene where Bran wargs into the mind of the Giant and makes him breakdance to California Love, leveling Winterfell to the ground.
*wargs into past ned, bangs lyanna stark, creates incest jon snow
1. Nas
2. Drake

CarlosDelgothoes

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
CarlosDelgothoes wrote: predicting the forth ep will have a scene where Bran wargs into the mind of the Giant and makes him breakdance to California Love, leveling Winterfell to the ground.
*wargs into past ned, bangs lyanna stark, creates incest jon snow
someone on Reddit had a funny take that as Ned could hear Bran, maybe Bran is actually the 'voices' that turned the Mad King bonkers. Thus it's all actually his fault.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

that's a cool theory. would require bran to go further in the past though, and so far his flashbacks have been moving forward in time. would be a hell of a twist though, i'm sure no one expected a time paradox in a medieval fantasy.
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Didn't RailRoad retcon a specific instance where some whisper Ned hears from the weirwood at Winterfell in book 1 is later explicitly ascribed to Bran's tree travels in book 4, or some such? There are also a few instances of crazy/mentally ill people having more real insight into shit than is apparent, or their madness backed up by supernatural happenings.

So it could be kinda plausible, although Bran tapping out 'burn everybody blow this shithole up don't trust the pretty boy kingsguard and his dad' in mental treemoticons might be a stretch

wheels

Post by wheels »

Yeah I remember Bran talking to Ned through the weirwood. At this point introducing Bran as the puppetmaster pulling strings on past and future events seems like we're moving away from what everybody seems to want, which is wrapping this shit up.

We need some of these storylines to converge, and could probably stand to kill off half the major characters to speed that along. Way too many plates spinning to get to the finish line in two more books/two and a half more seasons.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Quick question: is the general :phila: consensus "fuck Ollie, glad he's dead"?

I ask, because I've been somewhat amazed the celebration in the general public of his death.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah. Fuck him. He acted like a little bitch in general and stabbed Jon in the heart twice, once literally and a second when he murked Ygritte.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Ollie is the Carl of the nights watch. Him dying was awesome.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Wow. I seriously did not realize folks hated him so much.

I felt like the show went out of its way in the writing, let alone that kid's acting to show he was pretty conflicted about everything that he was doing re:Jon, but apparently nobody cared haha.

Meanwhile online Sunday night people were pretty upset re:that Direwolf having been killed off screen. It's wild what resonates with people.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Dire wolves are way more likable than shitty child characters

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

when Ollie stabbed Jon in the heart fans also felt the blade.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Ollie had that shit eating grin even while he was being hung. I'm glad that bitch ass is gone. Scut Farkus looking fag.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Carl of the Nights Watch is a great description.
The Afronaut wrote:Wow. I seriously did not realize folks hated him so much.

I felt like the show went out of its way in the writing, let alone that kid's acting to show he was pretty conflicted about everything that he was doing re:Jon, but apparently nobody cared haha.

Meanwhile online Sunday night people were pretty upset re:that Direwolf having been killed off screen. It's wild what resonates with people.
:lol: Can't lie I was also upset about the wolf.
I think the reason people are mad at another direwolf being dead isn't some emotional attachment, its because of how depressingly underutilized they have been this entire series. They haven't gotten to fuck up near as much shit as they should have, and they keep killing them off without any fanfare. Is Ghost the last one left? Kinda :omgracist: yo