The Official Batman Begins Thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

cascarrabias

The Official Batman Begins Thread

Post by cascarrabias »

Can't wait.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i've been waiting since batman returns.

citizen

Post by citizen »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i've been waiting since batman returns.
one of the most underated movies imo

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

they are promoting this flic all over europe right now...it does look promising...when does this drop in the U.S.?

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

citizen wrote:
one of the most underated movies imo
after BR, the whole franchise went downhill. if only tim burton stayed on, life would be a better place.

i expect christopher nolan to give batman CPR.

my favorite comics as a child and now as a young adult:
1. Batman
2. X-men
3. Spiderman
4. Hulk
5. Deadpool

so batman is an institution to me.

if nolan finds a way to fuck this up, i WILL kill him.
Last edited by Gregg Popabitch1 on Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

darkwingduck wrote:they are promoting this flic all over europe right now...it does look promising...when does this drop in the U.S.?
June 15th.

I am not up on the Batman history, but I am still really excited to see this.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

ChristPuncher wrote:I am not up on the Batman history, but I am still really excited to see this.

This is the answer you seek.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

cascarrabias wrote:
ChristPuncher wrote:I am not up on the Batman history, but I am still really excited to see this.

:killacam:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

ChristPuncher wrote:
cascarrabias wrote:

quite possibly the greatest graphic novel ever based on a mainstream comic character.

there is no thinking involved. go purchase quickly.

and while you're at it, get it's sequel.....the DK2 graphic novel. not as good but dope as is.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Going to watch this but wasnt that excited but as the marketing goes into over drive I can't wait to see it. Some great actors in this flick and a great director it can't fail...can it?

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

This looks great
and agreed about Batman Returns being underrated.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Read an interview with Christian Bale in The Observer the other weekend, he's a great actor. Going from Trevor Reznik to Bruce Wayne in a matter of months is seriously f**king impressive. He apparently quite the method actor
- his wife said he was unbearable when he was making American Psycho.

But yeah, this look good. A friend of mine has already seen it and says its excellent, although he is 100% comic fan boy.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

read some reviews of fans saying this is exactly what the Batman franchise needs, I can't wait.

I guess the rumor is that Nolan wants to do a trilogy, and if Superman does well, a crossover flick.

all this taken from http://www.aintitcool.com

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
ChristPuncher wrote:
cascarrabias wrote:

quite possibly the greatest graphic novel ever based on a mainstream comic character.

and while you're at it, get it's sequel.....the DK2 graphic novel. not as good but dope as is.
Alright, I'm convinced. Can I get this in a Barnes and Noble or Walden's or is it just a comic book and I have to get it through something like ebay? I looked on ebay and there is a whole bunch of stuff with the name "The Dark Knight Returns", and I'm not really sure which to get. I might not end up doing it if I have to go through ebay as I want to read up on this before I see the movie.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

The promotional people for this flick are doing a good job. All the posters I've seen are impressive.

This'll be good; but I don't think Katie Holmes and Morgan Freeman are good fits. In the commercials they both look like they don't want to be there.

Oldman and the Wantabe (sp?) are gonna put in good performances though.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Whether online or via movie critics, I've heard nothing but the bonsai for this movie.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

ChristPuncher wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
ChristPuncher wrote:
cascarrabias wrote:

Alright, I'm convinced. Can I get this in a Barnes and Noble or Walden's or is it just a comic book and I have to get it through something like ebay? I looked on ebay and there is a whole bunch of stuff with the name "The Dark Knight Returns", and I'm not really sure which to get. I might not end up doing it if I have to go through ebay as I want to read up on this before I see the movie.
it should be in the comics section of barnes and noble. usually when i'm broke, i go back there and just flip through shit.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
ChristPuncher wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
ChristPuncher wrote:
cascarrabias wrote: Image

it should be in the comics section of barnes and noble. usually when i'm broke, i go back there and just flip through shit.
cool. I think I'll hop on over there now and check it out.

citizen

Post by citizen »

its really too bad that the character/story of bane was ruined by the terrible thing that was batman and robin

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

ChristPuncher wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
ChristPuncher wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
ChristPuncher wrote: :killacam:

cool. I think I'll hop on over there now and check it out.
out of stock :sad:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

damn barnes and noble must be next door cause that was like a half hour b/w posts. lol

they'll keep it in stock. its one of the biggest comics and with batman coming out, it'll probably move units NO HOMO

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Borders, Books, and Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barnes and Noble

Wexford

Post by Wexford »

cascarrabias wrote:Borders, Books, and Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barnes and Noble
they're both terrible.

varick pyr

Post by varick pyr »

Attended the 10:30am showing.

Batman is in my top 20 films of all-time. I defended Burton's vision against all non-believers. I championed Keaton's and Nickelson's performance like the second coming of Godzilla.

Batman Begins > every Batman movie made to this date

I can't even go into detail right now. I'm in a bit of shock. Bale is fucking amazing. The Scarecrow was done magnificently. Standing ovation to Cillian Murphy. I didn't even mind that so-called Batmobile.

Even Katie Holmes was stomachable.

That is all. Holy shit. The end.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

varick pyr wrote:Attended the 10:30am showing.

Batman is in my top 20 films of all-time. I defended Burton's vision against all non-believers. I championed Keaton's and Nickelson's performance like the second coming of Godzilla.

Batman Begins > every Batman movie made to this date

I can't even go into detail right now. I'm in a bit of shock. Bale is fucking amazing. The Scarecrow was done magnificently. Standing ovation to Cillian Murphy. I didn't even mind that so-called Batmobile.

Even Katie Holmes was stomachable.

That is all. Holy shit. The end.
Very encouraging. I'll be checking for this movie at the weekend.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Wexford wrote:
cascarrabias wrote:Borders, Books, and Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barnes and Noble
they're both terrible.
I don't think Borders is terrible. They've usually got great foreign DVDs, TV shows on DVDs, stand up comedy CDs, graphic novels, etc.

Then again, I am from Ohio.

barknee

Post by barknee »

jesus i cannot WAIT for this film. haven't even read any comics in years but i am so pumped for this. film looks SO SO dope and bale is such a good choice for batman.

fantastic four, on the other hand, looks fucking awful but WILL be seen purely for michael chiklis as the thing

edit: and alba as invisible girl, how could i forget!

tpp

Post by tpp »

barknee wrote: fantastic four, on the other hand, looks fucking awful but WILL be seen purely for michael chiklis as the thing
GULLY
barknee wrote: edit: and alba as invisible girl, how could i forget!
GULLIER

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

I enjoyed myself considerably. Props all around, but an extra dash to Nolan for bringing the motel manager from Memento in as a corrupt cop. I was looking at the credits and Tom Nolan was the valet, I'm guessing that's his brother?