lil kim found guilty

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

jul

lil kim found guilty

Post by jul »

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

Rapper Lil' Kim jailed for a year

07jul05

RAPPER Lil' Kim was sentenced today to 12 months and a day in prison after admitting she lied about two of her friends involved in a shooting outside a radio station.

She was also fined $US50,000.
The sentence was lenient compared with the 33 months that prosecutors sought in the high-profile case, which shed light on some of the complex rivalries in the hip-hop world.

Lil' Kim, whose real name is Kimberly Jones, was convicted in March of conspiracy and perjury for lying to a grand jury. The three perjury counts and the conspiracy charge carried maximum sentences of five years each.

Before her sentencing in the federal district court in Manhattan, the Grammy Award-winning artist made a plea for leniency, admitting what she did was wrong.

"I testified falsely to the grand jury and during the trial. At the time, I thought it was the right thing to do. Now I know it was wrong," she said in court.

The case stems from a 2001 shootout with a rival hip-hop group involving two of her associates, Suif Jackson and Damion Butler. Both men have pleaded guilty to firing shots that injured one man.

Prosecutors said Lil' Kim tried to protect the two by telling the grand jury during its 2003 probe that Butler, one of her former managers, was not there that day and that she did not know Jackson.

She is due to report to jail on September 19.

In handing down the sentence, US District Judge Gerard Lynch said he was concerned the public would compare Lil' Kim's sentence to that of media mogul Martha Stewart, who spent five months in prison for lying about a stock trade, and question whether Lil' Kim was treated fairly.

The judge pointed out that the "younger African-American entertainer" lied twice about the shooting in what was "unquestionably a more serious case" than that of the "older, whiter" Stewart.

But in leaning toward leniency, the judge said he took into consideration that Lil' Kim admitted her guilt.

"You are sending that message that telling the truth has an important value," he said, noting such unsolved cases as rapper Tupac Shakur, who was gunned down in 1996. "Going to jail to protect violent men with guns is not heroic."

Lil' Kim apologised for putting a burden on her friends and family.

"This is by far the toughest thing I have ever had to go through," she told the judge in a quivering voice. "I am a God-fearing, good person."
That picture of her is crazy. She doesn't even look like herself anymore with all that plastic surgery.
hopps wrote:i also think mindbender wastes way too much time on this message board. i think he should never come here again. seriously, man.

FoJaR

Post by FoJaR »

:wutang: ho Cares.

From the land of the UNBANNED

Post by 360 »

THAT BITCH GOT A GRAMMY?

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

360 wrote:THAT BITCH GOT A GRAMMY?
My first thought too

I think it was that Moulin Rouge looking video/song with Pink and them

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

Jen wrote:
"I testified falsely to the grand jury and during the trial. At the time, I thought it was the right thing to do. Now I know it was wrong," she said in court.
what a dumb whore

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Don't front on her verses on "player's anthem", "get money" + the remix and "it's all about the benjamins"

Do front on her mangled pussy lips which look like a mini-anteater snout.